Stark on Frank

southsider2k5

This is a little old, but it makes the point.

Almost six weeks into the season, the White Sox are scuffling to score runs. One of the most amazing numbers on their stat sheet is this: Frank Thomas is hitting .183 against right-handed pitching, with more strikeouts (15) and walks (17) than hits (13).

"His bat is so slow now," said one AL scout, "that he can't hit a good inside fastball if you tell him it's coming. He just can't handle that inside gas. The only balls he hits are breaking balls or, if he really cheats, some fastballs away. But that's it."

His bat is so slow now," said one AL scout, "that he can't hit a good inside fastball if you tell him it's coming. He just can't handle that inside gas. The only balls he hits are breaking balls or, if he really cheats, some fastballs away. But that's it."

No way...gera'heah...really?

He seems to have gotten faster going down to first, though. Or at least he runs harder than a lot of guys on the team. He always seems to be real close to first base when he grounds into a double play. A lot closer than Maggs. :lol: :lol:

Seems like?  I hate to say it, but Frank is a shadow of his former self, ala Harold Baines of his last year.

That is a huge overstatement. He has 5 hit and a home run in his last 10 at bats, that is not Harold Baines twilightesque at all. Even at his current pace this is his nubers projected over the year.

On Pace: 160 515 80 130 30 0 30 60 140 105 0 0 .428 .485 .252

I have to wonder about that 2001 injury and its long term affects on Frank. I also think he got himself so screwed up last year and it has carried over. He looked good on Wed and Thu nights. I think he is going to prove something positive.

I have to wonder about that 2001 injury and its long term affects on Frank. I also think he got himself so screwed up last year and it has carried over. He looked good on Wed and Thu nights. I think he is going to prove something positive.

I hope your right, because right now he is hitting like the worlds biggest leadoff hitter.