Bears vs. Redskins 9/11 Game Thread

Bear Down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;

Bear Down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
Go Cowboys!!!!!

I'll go On Topic and Off Topic on this one;

On Topic - Should be a real low scoring game b/w these two. Which ever team can reach double figures will probably be able to win the game. I just think Washington's offense has had a year under Gibbs, Ramsey is a lot better QB than people (including Gibbs himself) gives him credit for, and if they allow Portis to run more of those cut - backs, they'll be more dangerous. So I went for the home team.

Off Topic - Really think Dallas can cause an upset here. San Diego won't have Gates, their main receiver, and Caldwell and McCardell aren't going to give Newman, Henry and Glenn too many issues I'd suspect. Shawn Merriman probably won't play either, and he'll be their main pass rusher which would be huge against Bledsoe. If the Dallas O-Line (Rob Pettiti has to step up at RT) can give Drew enough time, and Drew has to make the smart choice, I suspect the Boys can pull out a win here.

I'll go On Topic and Off Topic on this one;

On Topic - Should be a real low scoring game b/w these two. Which ever team can reach double figures will probably be able to win the game. I just think Washington's offense has had a year under Gibbs, Ramsey is a lot better QB than people (including Gibbs himself) gives him credit for, and if they allow Portis to run more of those cut - backs, they'll be more dangerous. So I went for the home team.

Off Topic - Really think Dallas can cause an upset here. San Diego won't have Gates, their main receiver, and Caldwell and McCardell aren't going to give Newman, Henry and Glenn too many issues I'd suspect. Shawn Merriman probably won't play either, and he'll be their main pass rusher which would be huge against Bledsoe. If the Dallas O-Line (Rob Pettiti has to step up at RT) can give Drew enough time, and Drew has to make the smart choice, I suspect the Boys can pull out a win here.

Bears - Skins -- The Redskins Offense doesnt bring anymore to the table than the vomit-inducing attack the Bears showcase week after week. It will come to Turnovers. Whoever wins that TO ratio in this game is going to win. Thats it.

Bears -- 17 Skins -- 10

Cowboys - Bolts -- Dont be so confident Glenn, Henry and Company can handle SD's passing attack. Samie Parker, Vincent Jackson are both TERRIFIC athletes who will create very nasty mismatches. Not to mention Shawne Merriman and Steve Foley sandwiching poor Bledsoe on at least 5 plays.

Final Score : San Diego -- 38 Dallas -- 10

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Bears - Skins -- The Redskins Offense doesnt bring anymore to the table than the vomit-inducing attack the Bears showcase week after week.  It will come to Turnovers.  Whoever wins that TO ratio in this game is going to win.  Thats it.

Bears -- 17  Skins -- 10

Cowboys - Bolts -- Dont be so confident Glenn, Henry and Company can handle SD's passing attack.  Samie Parker, Vincent Jackson are both TERRIFIC athletes who will create very nasty mismatches.  Not to mention Shawne Merriman and Steve Foley sandwiching poor Bledsoe on at least 5 plays.

Final Score : San Diego -- 38  Dallas -- 10

Vincent Jackson. He of the 0 catches with being a rookie that most people thought was a real reach in the 2nd? And I assume you mean ERIC Parker, not Samie. 47 recpetions last year is not bad, but I'll tkae my chances with Johnson / Glenn / Price over McCardell / Caldwell / Parker.

Merriman's iffy to play, but DeMarcus Ware looks like the better pick so far. Of course pass protection for Bledsoe is going to be huge, but they'll keep a fullback or TE in there like Dan Campbell to help out, and that's why they signed Marco Rivera this past off-season. And Jason Witten will probably have a real good game too.

I've decided not to start Portis is fantasy this week. I dunno, I just think that the 'Skins offense is pretty one dimensional.

So, I'm going with the Cadilac and Ruuuuudy.

Go Bears! I'll only see the first quarter, as I have tix to the Sox game, but hopefully the defense can carry the team.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)
I've decided not to start Portis is fantasy this week.  I dunno, I just think that the 'Skins offense is pretty one dimensional.

So, I'm going with the Cadilac and Ruuuuudy.

Go Bears!  I'll only see the first quarter, as I have tix to the Sox game, but hopefully the defense can carry the team.

Don't start Rudi, he's been benched;

Rudi Johnson will not start for the Bengals after violating an unspecified team rule.

Rudi will still play heavily, so we would not bench him against the Browns. We'd still play Rudi as an RB2 in most leagues, but at least look at your options. Sep. 11 - 11:43 am et

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Don't start Rudi, he's been benched;

I really don't think Portis is going to do much today. My only other option is Marshall Faulk. I'm starting Cadillac for sure, and leaning towards Ruudy, but should I consider starting Portis/Faulk?

BTW -- need some WR help. Need to start two of the following...

Andre Johnson vs. BUF

Steve Smith vs. NO

P Burress vs. ARI

Stokely vs. BAL

Ma Jones vs. SEA

How good is Seattle's defense? Should I consider starting Leftwich?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
I really don't think Portis is going to do much today.  My only other option is Marshall Faulk.  I'm starting Cadillac for sure, and leaning towards Ruudy, but should I consider starting Portis/Faulk?

BTW -- need some WR help.  Need to start two of the following...

Andre Johnson vs. BUF

Steve Smith vs. NO

P Burress vs. ARI

Stokely vs. BAL

Ma Jones vs. SEA

How good is Seattle's defense?  Should I consider starting Leftwich?

I'd still start Portis. Yeah the Bears D is top 5, but Portis has had previous success against them, and he's always a threat to break out a long one. As for your receivers, I'd start Smith and Burress. Johnson will have Clements locking down on him all day long.

Seattle's D is pretty good probably around top 10, although losing Okafor and Lucas hurt. I'd probably start Leftwich, he's always good for around 300 yards, 2TD's.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Seattle's D is pretty good probably around top 10, although losing Okafor and Lucas hurt. I'd probably start Leftwich, he's always good for around 300 yards, 2TD's.

Over Matt Hasslebeck against JAC? I realize the Jags have a good front seven, but how good is their secondary?