Bears vs. Redskins 9/11 Game Thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Orton looked good in the 2nd half when he was allowed to throw it a lot. Yes he had the costly int. and fumble at the end but I definitely liked what I saw out of him in his 1st NFL game.

Thomas Jones dissapointed, I know the Redskins are good against the rush but he has to give us a lot more than what he did for us to be decent on offense...

Loved the defense only 3 FG's allowed 1 caused by a defensive pass interference which if Mike Green didnt fuk up could of been a huge interception for us. 2nd field goal by a huge play by Santana Moss when he blew by Azumah who ill give a pass 2 because first game since injury.

The real dissapointment is after playing a fairly good game the O-Line totally choked that one drive and that was when we were in field goal range which could of won us the game. I know its the 1st game on the road but that just cant happen....

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
-says the person that proclaimed the cowboys defense better than the bears

i never said that, i said its arguable. and uh, bears D didnt do so hot today, gave up plenty of rushing yards. we weren't talking about the cowboys, this was the bears gamethread.

Edited by Tmar28

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
i never said that, i said its arguable. and uh, bears D didnt do so hot today, gave up plenty of rushing yards. we weren't talking about the cowboys, this was the bears gamethread.

giving up only 3 field goals and 0 TD's with our offense basicly doing nothing the whole first half. Not 2 mention an int., couple sacks, 2 forced fumbles doesnt look good?

Rex Grossman will be the starting quarterback to close this year out.... winning all 4 of his starts, giving the bears a 4-12 record.

he will go into 2006 camp as the starter... make it to the third preseason game and slip on a bananna peel injuring him for the rest of the year

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
giving up only 3 field goals and 0 TD's with our offense basicly doing nothing the whole first half.  Not 2 mention an int., couple sacks, 2 forced fumbles doesnt look good?

Gave up yards all over the place. Honestly, you were facing a team who didn't know what QB they wanted in. Rushing and passing yards all over the place. Washington was moving on the Bears and I would say they're a mediocre offense(only because of Portis). I must say, Tillman is the most overrated Bear on the team. Sure he stopped Randy Moss. Too bad he isn't in the division anymore.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Rex Grossman will be the starting quarterback to close this year out.... winning all 4 of his starts, giving the bears a 4-12 record.

he will go into 2006 camp as the starter... make it to the third preseason game and slip on a bananna peel injuring him for the rest of the year

slip.jpg

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Gave up yards all over the place. Honestly, you were facing a team who didn't know what QB they wanted in. Rushing and passing yards all over the place. Washington was moving on the Bears and I would say they're a mediocre offense(only because of Portis). I must say, Tillman is the most overrated Bear on the team. Sure he stopped Randy Moss. Too bad he isn't in the division anymore.

When did givin up yards become a bad thing if they dont score. I dont know where you come from but when a defense only gives up 9 points and forces multiple turnovers thats called good.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
When did givin up yards become a bad thing if they dont score.  I dont know where you come from but when a defense only gives up 9 points and forces multiple turnovers thats called good.

giving up yards = 2 things

Time of Possesion in their favor and Field Position.

both battles you want to win.

That being said... the defense was good.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
giving up yards = 2 things

Time of Possesion in their favor and Field Position.

both battles you want to win.

That being said... the defense was good.

Yes and that becomes a problem when the offense scores a lot. But when all you give up is 9 points that means your defense did one hell of a job. Especially since they forced 2 turnovers and we got a 3rd on special teams.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Yes and that becomes a problem when the offense scores a lot.  But when all you give up is 9 points that means your defense did one hell of a job.  Especially since they forced 2 turnovers and we got a 3rd on special teams.

It means your zone defense hunkered down. That's all. They owned the time of possession and field position as one said earlier. And this was against a mediocre offense again. That's not good. I'll post my thoughts on this game:

How I saw the game:

1)Orton needs to learn how to disguise himself better when he's going for those quick slant passes. Those passes got batted down like no other. Had to be at least 7 of those balls batted down. He's 6'4 so height shouldn't be an issue. Disguising where you're going with the ball is though.

2)Orton did not lose the Bears the game. He didn't rise and come to the rescue, but I wouldn't expect a rookie QB to do so. He was solid at best and solid at worst.

3)Thomas Jones shows small flashes and then looks bad for the next couple of plays. He's really good catching out of the backfield, but as far as their O-Line, I think they're better when it comes to pass protection. What do you do? Put in Matt Garza who's a great Run-Blocking OL.

4)It seemed to me that Mushin was the only WR doing or attempting to do anything. He's going to need help. Gage had a nice catch and that's pretty much it.

5)Bears need to work on their snap counts. 3 straight False starts is just horrible. Work on basic sets until everyone gets used to one another.

6)If you're a Bears fan, get ready for another long season.

7)If you're a Cowboys fan, get ready for a fun ride.

Oh, and Charles Tillman is easily the most overrated Bear. He's still living off those Randy Moss games. Guess what, Randy isn't in their division anymore. He was getting eaten today by Santana Moss. Vasher, however, is a real CB in the league. Potential PBer.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
It means your zone defense hunkered down. That's all. They owned the time of possession and field position as one said earlier. And this was against a mediocre offense again. That's not good. I'll post my thoughts on this game:

Oh, and Charles Tillman is easily the most overrated Bear. He's still living off those Randy Moss games. Guess what, Randy isn't in their division anymore. He was getting eaten today by Santana Moss. Vasher, however, is a real CB in the league. Potential PBer.

Eaten alive by Santana Moss? The only catch Moss had that really hurt us was when he beat Azumah not Tillman. With Tillman on him he had 3 catches for 44 yards not exactly amazing numbers.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
Eaten alive by Santana Moss?  The only catch Moss had that really hurt us was when he beat Azumah not Tillman.  With Tillman on him he had 3 catches for 44 yards not exactly amazing numbers.

Not eaten alive. Just eaten. And Azumah got burned by Thrash today, not Moss. Tillman was on Moss throughout the whole game.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Not eaten alive. Just eaten. And Azumah got burned by Thrash today, not Moss. Tillman was on Moss throughout the whole game.

WRONG. It was Azumah he beat. Moss set up in the slot on the right side, Azumah who was playing nickle today took him. Azumah was playing man coverage on Moss and never turned around to find the ball. Which resulted in a 52 yard completion.

So Moss beat Azumah not Tillman.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
When did givin up yards become a bad thing if they dont score.  I dont know where you come from but when a defense only gives up 9 points and forces multiple turnovers thats called good.

I didn't get this game so I didn't get a chance to watch, but from all pre-season accounts, Washington isn't exactly expected to have a killer offense anyway. Giving up a lot of yards to a team that isn't supposed to be good on offense is a bad omen for when you face teams that are good on offense.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
WRONG. It was Azumah he beat. Moss set up in the slot on the right side, Azumah who was playing nickle today took him. Azumah was playing man coverage on Moss and never turned around to find the ball. Which resulted in a 52 yard completion.

So Moss beat Azumah not Tillman.

I'm not talking about a single play. I'm talking about throughout the game.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
I'm not talking about a single play. I'm talking about throughout the game.

And then you're wrong again. You said Tillman had Moss the whole game when in fact Azumah had him man-on-man a few times when Moss was put in the slot.

Azumah didn't look good today, it seems he's not fully back from his hip surgery.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
This is a bit off topic but I don't see a general NFL thread...

How the Hell is San Francisco beating up on St. Louis?

I don't know either. STL's offense was supposed to be great this year again with Kevin Curtis supposedly becoming the next Brandon Stokely.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
And then you're wrong again. You said Tillman had Moss the whole game when in fact Azumah had him man-on-man a few times when Moss was put in the slot.

Azumah didn't look good today, it seems he's not fully back from his hip surgery.

Azumah was put on him like 3 times today. Got burned once. Tillman was on him the rest of the game. Azumah's burnings came from Thrash for the most part.