Bears vs. Redskins 9/11 Game Thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
Oh yeah, I'm gonna say it right now. My sleeper for the '06 NFL Draft is Bruce Gradkowski QB from Toledo, he'll be the next successful NFL QB to come out of the MAC, comming right off the shoe laces of Charlie Fry of course.

He's a system QB, as Toledo makes a living out of throwing short, precise passes.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
He's a system QB, as Toledo makes a living out of throwing short, precise passes.

True but I still like him, he's a 6-2 210 pound polish QB with a decent arm and decent legs. Most likely he wount amount to s*** but I just like the idea of a guy like him succeeding on the next level.

I think whats going to happen, is that Rex comes back around the 12th week of the season... has some success and they feel content with Orton challenging him for the job 06.

That being said, if the Bears are in position to draft a Matt Leinart you draft him. even if rex comes back from his injury goes 4-0 with 80.5 TD's and 0.123 INT's you still draft a QB. There has to be some depth at that position, we need to stabalize the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN THE GAME!

Drafting another rookie wouldnt really give us the depth we want at QB. We need to find out what we have in our QB's this year to decide what to do next year. I actually think if he is in game shape Jeff Blake is not that bad of a backup.

If Kyle Orton improves his play he can be our starter next year and Grossman would fall to the backup or their probably would be a competition between the 2 next season in training camp/pre-season. Id say if Orton steadily improves this season than we should be fine going into next season with Orton, Grossman, and Blake.

Quick question does anyone know when/if we get Bryant johnson back... the FB... Because the guy we got out there now is pretty crappy.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Drafting another rookie wouldnt really give us the depth we want at QB.  We need to find out what we have in our QB's this year  to decide what to do next year.  I actually think if he is in game shape Jeff Blake is not that bad of a backup.

If Kyle Orton improves his play he can be our starter next year and Grossman would fall to the backup or their probably would be a competition between the 2 next season in training camp/pre-season.  Id say if Orton steadily improves this season than we should be fine going into next season with Orton, Grossman, and Blake.

Quick question does anyone know when/if we get Bryant johnson back... the FB... Because the guy we got out there now is pretty crappy.

The Bears last good QB was Erik Kramer......

Thats all i really need to say.

Unless your going to build a Ravens esqe defense.... and Cedric Benson is a Jamal Lewis Type runner...

Your going to need a f***ing quarterback, the more talent you put on the depth chart, the greater chance you have at clicking on one of these guys.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:57 AM)
The Bears last good QB was Erik Kramer......

Thats all i really need to say.

Unless your going to build a Ravens esqe defense.... and Cedric Benson is a Jamal Lewis Type runner...

Your going to need a f***ing quarterback, the more talent you put on the depth chart, the greater chance you have at clicking on one of these guys.

Yeah but to get Leinart would mean we would have to have on of the top draft picks and I just dont think its worth it to spend another pick on a QB.

What we should be looking for is a stud WR, OL, DT, OLB, CB, or SS with our 1st rounder. I know it seems like overkill to get another defensive player but this defense is so close to being dominant and adding another stud at any of those positions could put us over the top.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
Dallas Clark = FUMBLITIS.  That moron fumbles about .7 times a touch.  Freaking imbocile. 

Dallas plays for the Colts, and he hasn't played since Urlacher knocked him silly in the preseason...

Also, Briggs should be expecting a fine from the league office in a day or two.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Dallas plays for the Colts, and he hasn't played since Urlacher knocked him silly in the preseason...

Also, Briggs should be expecting a fine from the league office in a day or two.

I assume he was talking about Desmond.

Anyways, the Bears really need to upgrade at TE. A good TE can be really, really important to a team's offense. Look at what Antonio Gates did to Drew Brees last year and what Jason Witten will do to Drew Bledsoe (who loves to use his TE). The Bears need playmakers, a good TE would be the place to start.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)
Offense sucked as usual :chair

ive just read 3 of your posts in the span of a few minutes.... And maybe you would like to add a little bit more to them lol because none really add anything to the conversation.

As for the TE position I think that should be on the priority positions the Bears should look to address this off-season. I dont know if there are any studs in the college level coming out this season but Clark has shown he really isnt the guy.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
ive just read 3 of your posts in the span of a few minutes.... And maybe you would like to add a little bit more to them lol because none really add anything to the conversation.

As for the TE position I think that should be on the priority positions the Bears should look to address this off-season.  I dont know if there are any studs in the college level coming out this season but Clark has shown he really isnt the guy.

You can find a good one in the 2nd or 3rd round as well, Witten was a 3rd round pick bout 2 or 3 years ago, so you don't necessarilly have to waste a 1st rounder on one.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 06:08 AM)
You can find a good one in the 2nd or 3rd round as well, Witten was a 3rd round pick bout 2 or 3 years ago, so you don't necessarilly have to waste a 1st rounder on one.

How many receiving yards did Witten have in Week 1? :huh ;)

But seriously, Witten is a very good TE. Look at what TB got in Alex Smith from Stanford...bam, 3rd rounder. Crumpler, 2nd round. Jermaine Wiggins, Rookie FA. LJ Smith, 2nd round.

They are available. You just have to be willing to take them.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
How many receiving yards did Witten have in Week 1?  :huh  ;)

But seriously, Witten is a very good TE. Look at what TB got in Alex Smith from Stanford...bam, 3rd rounder. Crumpler, 2nd round. Jermaine Wiggins, Rookie FA. LJ Smith, 2nd round.

They are available. You just have to be willing to take them.

Alex Smith has played one game. Don't get too excited.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
2001 was his only good year in which he actually started (55 for 556). 44 is his high with the Bears. I'm saying that we can upgrade. IMO, Chad Lewis is still a good TE and would be worth a signing.

Whatevr the case positions that need to be addressed this off-season through either the draft or f/a.

In this order:

TE

OLB

OL

SS

I think we will be fine at QB with Orton, Grossman, and Blake

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Whatevr the case positions that need to be addressed this off-season through either the draft or f/a.

In this order:

TE

OLB

OL

SS

I think we will be fine at QB with Orton, Grossman, and Blake

TE - Agreed.

OLB - Someone better than Hillenmeyer.

OL - Depth at T and G.

SS - Mike Green and Todd Johnson are fine.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
You do know that Lovie said that Mike Green's position is up for grabs.... He was one of the reasons on defense that we lost that game.  As for Todd Johnson i keep hoping he gets cut but it never happens  :angry:

Mike Green can be a goof at times and his dumbass pass interference call that pulled back Vashers 2nd INT, which was returned for 55 yards, did suck but he is definitely an above-average safety 95% of the time. As for Johnson, meh, he's a good back-up at the least.