Someone reassure me

BigSqwert

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
No tolerance for negativity?  Look at the front page of PHT, and tell me how many negative threads there are, and try to tell me again how there is no tolerance for negativity.

So, posters have never been jumped on or banned for being negative? Sheeeeit.

My point is, a lot of people say this board is too negative, yet I don't see too many people sticking their necks out for this team right now.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
So, posters have never been jumped on or banned for being negative?  Sheeeeit.

My point is, a lot of people say this board is too negative, yet I don't see too many people sticking their necks out for this team right now.

Mostly because they are sick of being screamed down and mocked everytime they say something that isn't to the tone of the sky is falling. Pretty much, if you aren't trying to get some fired, demoted, or traded, there is no point in posting, because you'll just get mocked for your opinion anyway.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)
Mostly because they are sick of being screamed down and mocked everytime they say something that isn't to the tone of the sky is falling.  Pretty much, if you aren't trying to get some fired, demoted, or traded, there is no point in posting, because you'll just get mocked for your opinion anyway.

...or maybe it's that all these so called 'positive believers' aren't really believing. It's kinda like "yeah, we know this team will have it tough in the post season, but we don't want to hear it" AKA: denial.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
...or maybe it's that all these so called 'positive believers' aren't really believing. It's kinda like "yeah, we know this team will have it tough in the post season, but we don't want to hear it" AKA: denial.

Who are these ultra positive, full of denial posters that you speak of? For some reason I can't think of any regular/longtime posters that fit the bill.

There's some, just a general observation. No personal attacks, remember.  ;)

The game threads have been completely taken over by the sky is falling negatives. They will tell you that everyone who doesn't chime in with their negativity is sticking their head in the sand. I believe that some here who are categorized as optimists are somewhere comfortably between Chicken Little and Pollyanna.

What's the difference anyways, 80% of this board carries their opinion with the conviction of a windsock anyways. 0-4, trade his ass, 4-4, sign him to a big extension.

I'm still here. It's hard for me to really take a side anymore. I've been unable to watch the Sox since I came back to school except for nationally televised and WGN games. It's kind of hurt my interest. I'm still following them pretty religiously on here and elsewhere, but a win or loss doesn't make me happy or piss me off as much right now.

I think that'll change, if we get in the playoffs and I can watch the games again.