Game Thread. Halo's vs Sox 9/11 2:05 Ct

That funky motion

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
Don't forget that Iguchi struggles for a few days after he gets a day off.

I'm tired of Guillen resting our players in September.

He may have rested them-- with good success-- for 4 months, but we no longer have a 15 1/2 game cushion in this division. Would it be too difficult to keep a consistent lineup for a week straight?

One of my big fears all season was that when the division race got close (not once did I think the Sox would win it going away), Ozzie Guillen would have no clue what he was doing. So far, I've seen nothing that leads me to believe Ozzie has any clue in regards to keeping the Sox at the top of their game for the rest of this season. Believe me, there's nothing I want more than the Sox to make the playoffs. However, I can't imagine what Ozzie and Hawk's quotes will be like if the Sox don't make the playoffs. You're going to need all the shovels in this world to clean up that pile of bulls***.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Well that's that.  Way to go A.J.

Boy, my fear is that first game of the series that we blew will be reminiscent of the 16 inning debacle against the Twins. That game put us into a hole for a week!

If this happens again, we're screwed.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
I'm tired of Guillen resting our players in September.

He may have rested them-- with good success-- for 4 months, but we no longer have a 15 1/2 game cushion in this division. Would it be too difficult to keep a consistent lineup for a week straight?

The Indians have maintained basically the same lineup for about the last two months, and have developed tremendous offensive chemistry. We keep mixing and matching our lineup around, but the talent level is still well below average.

Ozzie should piss the team off tomorrow and put a line up out tomorrow like this.

Lf Pods

Cf Anderson

RF Borchard

3b Ozuna

SS Uribe

2B Iguchi

1B PK

C Cassanova

DH Gload

Leave in Pods and Uribe because the are the only ones hitting. Leave in Iguchi because he always seems to be resting. Leave in Pods because the only other back up outfielder is Timo.

QUOTE(chisoxt @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Boy, my fear is that first game of the series that we blew will be reminiscent of the 16 inning debacle against the Twins. That game put us into a hole for a week!

If this happens again, we're screwed.

Our guys having no capability to consistantly have line drive swings is what is f***ing this team up. Keep dipping that back shoulder and aiming at the dan ryan guys. Eventually you will hit it.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Ozzie should piss the team off tomorrow and put a line up out tomorrow like this.

Lf Pods

Cf Anderson

RF Borchard

3b Ozuna

SS Uribe

2B Iguchi

1B PK

C Cassanova

DH Gload

Leave in Pods and Uribe because the are the only ones hitting.  Leave in Iguchi because he always seems to be resting.  Leave in Pods because the only other back up outfielder is Timo.

I would love that lineup tomorrow. WE DON'T PLAY TOMORROW!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
The Indians have maintained basically the same lineup for about the last two months, and have developed tremendous offensive chemistry.  We keep mixing and matching our lineup around, but the talent level is still well below average.

Yeah, it's hard to turn a Hyundai into a Lexus. This offense is mediocre w/ all its components in there, and below average when a starter sits.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Yeah, it's hard to turn a Hyundai into a Lexus. This offense is mediocre w/ all its components in there, and below average when a starter sits.

Bingo, great analogy. I've never thought that Ozzie has done a good job at putting this team in the best chance to succeed. At what point will Hawk stop using s*** like "the big picture", and this team will realize that will be no big picture if the immediate picture isn't taken care of?

Another thing that Ozzie did which I think might have hurt the psyche of this team was the whole Marte debacle on Wednesday night. There was just an awful atmosphere during that whole situation, including the booing by the fans. Even though the Sox hung on to win that game, something just didn't seem right about that situation. It kinda reminded me of the Paniagua disgrace.