Pro Sports Daily Reports

Steve Bartman's my idol

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, registration required for the full story, due to the fact that the Sox and Brewers had a good deal this season for Scottie Pods and Carlos Lee. The two teams may be willing to deal this off season due to the fact that the Sox have 6 starting pitchers. Does anyone have the registration to see who the Brewers would be offering?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much says Contreras or El Duque to be possibly used in a Lyle Overbay deal, IF, Paul Konerko leaves this off-season. But give me Chad Tracy instead, since yesterday I read an article were Bob Melvin said they were thinking about scenarios with him in the off-season.

Lets even say that we keep Paulie, who seems to want to stay, trading Contreras with his big contract, I don't know what kind of money Overbay makes, and let Frank walk, with either Paulie or Overbay as our DH, letting Carl walk, do we have enough money to sign Garland and AJ? Do we want to clinch with Garland losing to lower his value?

I'd like to see KW go after Todd Helton. You can say he makes too much, but Colorado will be willing to pay a healthy portion of his salary to get him off of their books. He'll probably end up costing less than hanging onto PK, and if I have to choose between Helton and PK, I go with Helton.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
Does anyone really want to see Contreras traded?  Do you actually want Duque pitching for us another year older?  He's basically worthless this year.  Why would we want to keep him next year?

I've defended/backed El "Dookie" all year. I'm not doing it anymore. He was a terrible signing. The guy is basically runnin on fumes now. He's like 40, right?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
I've defended/backed El "Dookie" all year.  I'm not doing it anymore.  He was a terrible signing.  The guy is basically runnin on fumes now.  He's like 40,  right?

The Sox signed him for October.

He's been better than any of the other 5th starter crap we had for the previous 4 seasons.

I don't know how realistic this would be but if I could work out a deal with the Brew-crew I would keep Paulie and put him at DH and put Overbay at first. I think the Sox should trade El Duque in the offseason and I'm not huge on Everett plus I'd prefer Overbay over him. I wouldnt exactly know all the players involved but this would be what it would end up being. Just a thought.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
I don't know how realistic this would be but if I could work out a deal with the Brew-crew I would keep Paulie and put him at DH and put Overbay at first.  I think the Sox should trade El Duque in the offseason and I'm not huge on Everett plus I'd prefer Overbay over him.  I wouldnt exactly know all the players involved but this would be what it would end up being.  Just a thought.

The Brewers won't be foolish enough to trade for El Dookie.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
I'd like to see KW go after Todd Helton.  You can say he makes too much, but Colorado will be willing to pay a healthy portion of his salary to get him off of their books.  He'll probably end up costing less than hanging onto PK, and if I have to choose between Helton and PK, I go with Helton.

^^^ Need the big bat. Helton would be ideal.

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
^^^ Need the big bat. Helton would be ideal.

why is it with these big bats like KOnerko and Everett it's all or nothing. If we would get rid of Konerko I would prefer someone that besides power could have a little more range and more speed And when slumping avoids the GIDP .

Everett isn't that great of a DH/3 hitter. He's been good for the Sox, but that doesn't mean he's a good 3 hole hitter. He's probably the worse or one of the worse 3 hole hitters in all of baseball. This off-season the Sox are going to have to add a couple bats.

Gload has been swinging the bat well though and I'd like to see him playing instead of Everett. I also want McCarthy in the rotation and Duque to be shut down for the remainder of the regular season and postseason. Like I said when they got him, it was a terrible move.

It's going to be a tough call on who to get as DH for next season. Frank is the sentimental choice, but not the best choice. This free agent crop pretty much sucks. PK will be at the top of the offensive list. If we are going to add bats next year to solidify the offense, we HAVE to keep PK. PK at DH and a trade for Overbay would be ideal, as far as I'm concerned. Whether Pauly would be willing to do that is the issue. I don't think he would be willing...

Other move I would absolutely love to see is Bill Mueller signed to replace Crede. Send Crede over with others for Overbay perhaps. Mueller would be a very nice addition.

Other than that, I've always loved Brian Giles who's a free agent, but we are stacked in the OF. The rest of the FA crop is pretty poor...

Edited by sircaffey

Giles would be perfect for say a DH/1B/OF spot depending on the numbers, but it's not likely to happen. His OBP and BB/K ratio are insane this season though.

Mueller I'm coming around too, basically because he can hit in the #2 hole if needed, which will then push Iguchi down to the 3 spot where he can hit for more power.

Here's the article on Tracy that I alluded to earlier BTW;

DENVER - The Diamondbacks would like to cement rising run producer Chad Tracy into one position next season after his breakout 21-home run year, a move Tracy is all for.

"It would be nice. I'd be able to know what to work on going into the offseason,'' said Tracy, who has started at both corner infield and outfield positions in his two major league seasons.

The regular third baseman in 2004, Tracy took over at first base this spring before moving to right field when the D-Backs brought up first baseman Conor Jackson and started giving Tony Clark regular time at first in late July, with Shawn Green moving to center. "One thing I don't particularly want to do with him is move him around. A young guy like that, you want to try to lock him into a position,'' manager Bob Melvin said.

With Clark, Jackson and Tracy, the D-Backs have an excess of offense at first base, and Troy Glaus is signed for three more years at third base.

With outfield prospect Carlos Quentin seemingly a candidate for the major league team in 2006 after hitting over .300 at Triple-A Tucson this season, the D-Backs have a logjam that might lead them to consider an offseason trade. Options will be mulled during postseason player evaluations.

"That's when you discuss all the variables that affect not only that particular player but who you protect and who you don't,'' Melvin said. "It's something I've thought a lot about through the year.'' Tracy said: "Either one of the corner infield positions is where I'm going to be the most comfortable. Eventually, maybe I'll be that comfortable in the outfield.''