Pro Sports Daily Reports

Steve Bartman's my idol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Other move I would absolutely love to see is Bill Mueller signed to replace Crede.  Send Crede over with others for Overbay perhaps.  Mueller would be a very nice addition. 

I like this idea...although, isn't crede a free agent? So sign and trade, ok. This would bring something we really need, on base guys...Overbay, .385 in '04, .366 in '05....Mueller .365 in '04, .373 in '05...

And I'm not saying I don't want Kong back...but OBP guys are missing from this team....and no matter what, I'd like to see Mueller here...Crede's glove is not enough to make up for what we need on this team, and he is the obvious choice to go.

Oh, and I already have a Lyle Overbay bobblehead (Brewer game this year). :P

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
I like this idea...although, isn't crede a free agent?  So sign and trade, ok.  This would bring something we really need, on base guys...Overbay, .385 in '04, .366 in '05....Mueller .365 in '04, .373 in '05...

And I'm not saying I don't want Kong back...but OBP guys are missing from this team....and no matter what, I'd like to see Mueller here...Crede's glove is not enough to make up for what we need on this team, and he is the obvious choice to go.

Oh, and I already have a Lyle Overbay bobblehead (Brewer game this year).  :P

I believe Crede is arbitration eligible...

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
I believe Crede is arbitration eligible...

You are correct. I think he becomes a free agent the following year, basically he's in the same situation as Garland. Except Garland is due for a pay-raise where Crede will maybe see it go up, but it won't be any big jump.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
I think Bill Mueller is an essential piece to a 2006 White Sox team, more so than resigning Konerko.

Why did you have to agree? :P

I think he'd be a great addition...hopefully his time in Chicago will help get him back here.

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
I'd like to see KW go after Todd Helton.  You can say he makes too much, but Colorado will be willing to pay a healthy portion of his salary to get him off of their books.  He'll probably end up costing less than hanging onto PK, and if I have to choose between Helton and PK, I go with Helton.

Really? I think PK is much more valuable at this point in his career. Has never shown inflation of his numbers in the steroid ERA, and does not play at Coors field. I think PK is worth alot more than Helton at this point.

If they do not re-sign pauly, it will hurt this organization in more ways than his numbers. I think PK DH's and Overbay plays 1B

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
I think Bill Mueller is an essential piece to a 2006 White Sox team, more so than resigning Konerko.

Guess we are going for 2nd place again???

Lets get rid of Konerko, who is a crucial part to this team, and is a very coveted 1b with his offensive and defensive ability. And bring in a meh 3B just to get rid of crede.

PK has shown this yr he deserves a long term contract. His bat, solid d, and leadership is needed by this team. No way will the sox say goodbye to Frank AND PK. Leaving Carl Everett as the big bat.

Now, if PK was itching to go to DH.....But that isn't happening. So Overbay is out. Or unless PK wants $12, 13 mill a yr for 4 yrs

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
You are correct.  I think he becomes a free agent the following year, basically he's in the same situation as Garland.  Except Garland is due for a pay-raise where Crede will maybe see it go up, but it won't be any big jump.

This is his first year of arbitration eligibilty. Seems like he has been here alot longer than that eh?

If Everett isn't back nor Thomas and we do have to find a DH, these are some options;

Mike Piazza

Daryle Ward

Erubiel Durazo

Rondell White

Jeff Conine

Preston Wilson

Juan Encarnacion

Jose Cruz Jr.

Brian Giles

Dustan Mohr

Jeromy Burnitz

I do think we'll pick up Everett's team option though. It's 5M with a 500K buyout.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
I wasn't going for signing Mueller as a key piece...I'm for getting Overbay if they won't sign Paul.  And Mueller would be a great addition.

Right now if the D-Backs and Brewers asking price was exactly the same for Chad Tracy and Lyle Overbay, I would have to go with trading for Tracy. And with the D-Backs having Clark, Gonzalez, Green, Quentin, Jackson, Glaus and Tracy for what 5 spots in 2006, they're going to have to trade one of those, so they can upgrade their pitching as well. A Damaso Marte for instance would be a good bargaining chip to use.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
Right now if the D-Backs and Brewers asking price was exactly the same for Chad Tracy and Lyle Overbay, I would have to go with trading for Tracy. And with the D-Backs having Clark, Gonzalez, Green, Quentin, Jackson, Glaus and Tracy for what 5 spots in 2006, they're going to have to trade one of those, so they can upgrade their pitching as well. A Damaso Marte for instance would be a good bargaining chip to use.

Arizona will want some starting pitching for Tracy. I can definitely picture trading Contreras and Marte for someone like Overbay or Tracy.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
Arizona will want some starting pitching for Tracy.  I can definitely picture trading Contreras and Marte for someone like Overbay or Tracy.

Right now they've got Vazquez, Webb, Vargas, Ortiz and Halsey in the rotation. They're stuck with Ortiz (worst contract in the off-season), Webb and Halsey are still young and good, Vargas has come on very strong since he was acquired and will get a chance to start next year, while Vazquez is going nowhere unless he demands a trade. So they may have to trade someone from there first, if they are going to fit in a Contreras.

So it comes down to the bullpen. Jeff Bajenaru and Damaso Marte, would be 2 good chips to use, chuck in say a good pitching prospect like Sean Tracey, Arizona may have some interest there.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
Right now they've got Vazquez, Webb, Vargas, Ortiz and Halsey in the rotation. They're stuck with Ortiz (worst contract in the off-season), Webb and Halsey are still young and good, Vargas has come on very strong since he was acquired and will get a chance to start next year, while Vazquez is going nowhere unless he demands a trade. So they may have to trade someone from there first, if they are going to fit in a Contreras.

So it comes down to the bullpen. Jeff Bajenaru and Damaso Marte, would be 2 good chips to use, chuck in say a good pitching prospect like Sean Tracey, Arizona may have some interest there.

Can't Vazquez request a trade? The other position I was thinking that they could use help is in the outfield. I know some Sox fans on here might not like to hear it, but someone like Chris Young could be a very valuable trade chip. Question: would you rather trade Rowand or Chris Young, with the thought that Brian Anderson could play CF for the next few seasons? I'd rather trade Rowand.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
Can't Vazquez request a trade?  The other position I was thinking that they could use help is in the outfield.  I know some Sox fans on here might not like to hear it, but someone like Chris Young could be a very valuable trade chip.  Question:  would you rather trade Rowand or Chris Young, with the thought that Brian Anderson could play CF for the next few seasons?  I'd rather trade Rowand.

Vazquez can demand a trade, but I don't think he will, he's pretty happy in Arizona, but you never know. And yes I would trade Rowand before Young, although I know that's probably not going to be popular. Young's got the chance to be something special, while Aaron has to show last year wasn't a flash in the pan, and he can post a .850+ OPS and I don't know if he can.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
Vazquez can demand a trade, but I don't think he will, he's pretty happy in Arizona, but you never know. And yes I would trade Rowand before Young, although I know that's probably not going to be popular. Young's got the chance to be something special, while Aaron has to show last year wasn't a flash in the pan, and he can post a .850+ OPS and I don't know if he can.

Dare I say roids? Aaron is known to be a big time in the gym. I wonder if is drop-off is related? Obviously he wouldn't be on the top of list of suspects, but I think as we are learning, it can be anyone.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
Dare I say roids?  Aaron is known to be a big time in the gym.  I wonder if is drop-off is related?  Obviously he wouldn't be on the top of list of suspects, but I think as we are learning, it can be anyone.

We've had this discussion repeatedly here, and the general consensus has been (in large part due to people who claim insider info, along with the fact he's spent time training with the Hurt) that he never touched the stuff.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
We've had this discussion repeatedly here, and the general consensus has been (in large part due to people who claim insider info, along with the fact he's spent time training with the Hurt) that he never touched the stuff.

And on top of that, it is pretty irresponsible to speculate about people when there isn't any fact basis to any allegations.