B-MAC AND CONTRERAS

alexgtp

Is it me or are these guys lately the only bright spots on out pitching staff lately.

I remember criging having to watch the COUNT pithc.. Now I look forwarrd to his dominance..

And BMAC 2 shutout games against BOSOX and TX...and right now has 6 K's against the Angels.. WHY oh WHy ozzie didnt you have him start..today :banghead

i feel like i have to be on crack to say this but i would use contreras and mccarthy 1-2 if we were to make the playoffs and there isnt some consistent improvement out of buerhle or garland. neither pitcher seems capable of handling juggernaut offenses like boston or NY...perhaps our chances would be better with relative unknowns (mccarthy) and our "best-stuff" guy (contreras). i canjava script:emoticon(':huh:')

smiliet believe im saying this. :huh:

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
i feel like i have to be on crack to say this but i would use contreras and mccarthy 1-2 if we were to make the playoffs and there isnt some consistent improvement out of buerhle or garland.  neither pitcher seems capable of handling juggernaut offenses like boston or NY...perhaps our chances would be better with relative unknowns (mccarthy) and our "best-stuff" guy (contreras).  i canjava script:emoticon(':huh:')

smiliet believe im saying this. :huh:

i agree. Jon and Mark need to step it up big time. I remember in 2003 down the stretch in September those 2 guys didn't come through in the big game vs the Twins. Its almost as if they just run out of juice come September. Right now Jose and BMac are the bright spots of our rotation. El-duque needs to be demoted to the pen- amd promote Bmac to the rotation (Its time for Ozzie to get rid of his 'Dusty Baker-esque' buddy system and go with the hot hand), Garcia isn't too bad, but he could be ALOT better, Jon and Mark NEED TO STEP IT UP!!! By the end of the night it will be a 5.5 game lead. This doesn't look good at all. :angry:

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
"Orlando Hernandez was placed on the 15-day DL today retroactive to September 7th, due to a bruised ego."

Well I can dream.

He will be going on the 15-day DL with a case of whiplash (from watching batted balls flying past him at high rates of speed).

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
(Its time for Ozzie to get rid of his 'Dusty Baker-esque' buddy system and go with the hot hand

I've always respected Ozzie and his managerial style...but his timo and duque crushes are disturbing. Time to make McCarthy the 5th starter.

I got a feeling McCarthy will be making the next scheduled start in place of Duque.

It all depends who they want to throw vs. Cleveland next week Jason. They can have El Duque skip a start, his turn comes up next Sat. against the Twins. That sets up Garcia, Buehrle, Garland vs. Cleveland next week.

If they keep El Duque in line for this Sat. vs. Minnesota, they can run McCarthy out there on Sunday and throw Contreras next Monday against Cleveland.

Lots of ways this can play out, today's off day gives them several different options.

One thing they'll likely consider is El Duque only threw 2 innings yesterday and he's a proud guy. They may look to this Sat. in Minny and gear him up to go 5 solid innings, then turn it over to the bullpen. Problem with that scenario is, El Duque has been largely ineffective. Maybe the short outing yesterday plus today's off day will recharge him a bit.

At this point in the season, you step on the gas. They need a minimum 4 of 6 vs. KC and Minnesota. Both teams are pretty loose and it won't be easy.