Simpsons/Family Guy/American Dad Season Premiers

Balta1701

Well...tonight's one of those nights I wait for much of the year...and it's going to be damn helpful in taking my mind off this Angels Series. Tonight we get an (incredibly early btw) season premier of the Simpsons (Last few years they've started after the MLB Playoffs have concluded), along with new episodes of Family Guy and American Dad.

Since I'm a proud nerd, I figured I'd open up a thread. Feel free to post favorite lines, comments, critiques, etc, if you watch any of the shows.

And don't forget about "Evolution Schmevolution"...a 4 part series on The Daily Show this week.

End of TV reminders for now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
Well...tonight's one of those nights I wait for much of the year...and it's going to be damn helpful in taking my mind off this Angels Series.  Tonight we get an (incredibly early btw) season premier of the Simpsons (Last few years they've started after the MLB Playoffs have concluded), along with new episodes of Family Guy and American Dad.

Since I'm a proud nerd, I figured I'd open up a thread.  Feel free to post favorite lines, comments, critiques, etc, if you watch any of the shows.

And don't forget about "Evolution Schmevolution"...a 4 part series on The Daily Show this week.

End of TV reminders for now.

NOOOOOOOOO :o

;)

The Simpsons: :puke :puke :puke I refuse to watch this piece of s*** show that they claim is The Simpsons. In my mind the show has been dead for atleast 4 years now.

Family Guy should be good, though it's just not the same as the old episodes, it's still watchable.

American Dad is alright. It's nowhere near Family Guy but it still remains watchable.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
The Simpsons: :puke :puke :puke I refuse to watch this piece of s*** show that they claim is The Simpsons. In my mind the show has been dead for atleast 4 years now.

Family Guy should be good, though it's just not the same as the old episodes, it's still watchable.

American Dad is alright. It's nowhere near Family Guy but it still remains watchable.

Family Guy >>>>>>>> American Dad >> Current Simpsons

Family Guy was hysterical. Maybe the best episode since their return to Fox. Stewie playing Marco Polo with Helen Keller had me rolling for about 5 minutes. Almost feel bad about it. :D

I choose not to watch American Dad. It's like some schmo decided to make a cheap knockoff of Family Guy, only that schmo is actually the same guy who makes Family Guy. Not sure I understand the purpose of the show.

The Simpsons stopped being funny a long time ago...IMO.

I'd say about 80% of the people who grew up watching The Simpson agree that the last 4 seasons atleast, it's actually more, have sucked immensely. The episodes are f***ing stupid, childish humor that has no real plot and just attempts to make Homer act as f***ing stupid and outlandish as possible and cram as many annoying, pointless celebrity cameos as they can into each and every episode. They ruined The Simpsons which used to be one of the best shows on television and turned it into some unintelligent, mindless drivel that only a child could find mildly entertaining. It makes me sick to think of what they've done to this once fine show, Matt Groening, James L. Brooks & Sam Simon should be ashamed of what they've done. It actually pisses me off to see that people still support this atrocity that somehow has managed to stick around for 17 f***ing seasons.

Oh yeah, all of this is just my opinion and I'm sure there's numerous people that post and read this board that would disagree with everything I just said. However IMO what I stated is the consensus.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
I'd say about 80% of the people who grew up watching The Simpson agree that the last 4 seasons atleast, it's actually more, have sucked immensely. The episodes are f***ing stupid, childish humor that has no real plot and just attempts to make Homer act as f***ing stupid and outlandish as possible and cram as many annoying, pointless celebrity cameos as they can into each and every episode. They ruined The Simpsons which used to be one of the best shows on television and turned it into some unintelligent, mindless drivel that only a child could find mildly entertaining. It makes me sick to think of what they've done to this once fine show, Matt Groening, James L. Brooks & Sam Simon should be ashamed of what they've done. It actually pisses me off to see that people still support this atrocity that somehow has managed to stick around for 17 f***ing seasons.

Oh yeah, all of this is just my opinion and I'm sure there's numerous people that post and read this board that would disagree with everything I just said. However IMO what I stated is the consensus.

I'm going with more than 4 years....it really was never the same after Conan O'Brien left...but now it just sucks. Don't even bother watching anymore. When I do see it now, I am reminded why I stopped watching.

Family Guy is usually pretty funny...rarely dissappointed in that show.

The new Family Guy DVD looks f***ing great. I was laughing my ass off.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
The new Family Guy DVD looks f***ing great.

Are you talking about "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" ? because I can't wait to see that.

The Simpsons last night. :huh 17 seasons? When is it going to be enough. Out of 23 or so episodes a year, I'm sure 1 or 2 will be make me chuckle. I stopped laughing at it awhile ago.

Edited by robinventura23

I was looking over an episode list of The Simpsons and found that the last time the show was even remotely funny was at the beginning of Season 11 which was Oct. of '99, 6 f***ing years ago, that was also 130 episodes ago. Also I'm being extremely lenient with this as well, I think the first maybe 6 episodes of that season were kind of funny.

It's sad when a show overstays it's welcome by 6 years and 130 episodes.

I really hate to bad-mouth the Simpsons and I've been holding back on this for a long time now, but, it is time for that show to die.

I mean, it really is like watching an entirely different show. It's horrendous. This show used to be a hysterically witty piece of American pop cluture, but, now, it is just one failed attempt after another to force the viewers to laugh at stuff that just isn't funny.

Time for a trip to the glue factory...

Homer to horse: and you're not invited. (See!!!! That show used to be hysterical!)

Why do they feel the need to overload us with celebrity guests? Do people really watch the show to hear Alec Baldwin do a voice for some poorly thought up unfunny character for the 3rd time. They almost never used to have guest voices now every episode has atleast one, it's f***ing stupid. It's like the cool thing to do in hollywood (not capitalized for a reason) now is to do a guest voice for The Simpsons.

I remember when they had James Woods in one episode way back in the day, he was researching for a role as a convenience store clerk and was filling in for Apu. He didn't play a major role in the episode yet was still funny, that's the way it should be done and it should only happen maybe once a season not having 4 celebrity voices in on every f***ing episode, that makes a mockery of the show, which isn't necessary considering how the plots of these episodes make enough of a mockery of this travesty as necessary.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
I was looking over an episode list of The Simpsons and found that the last time the show was even remotely funny was at the beginning of Season 11 which was Oct. of '99, 6 f***ing years ago, that was also 130 episodes ago. Also I'm being extremely lenient with this as well, I think the first maybe 6 episodes of that season were kind of funny.

It's sad when a show overstays it's welcome by 6 years and 130 episodes.

I disagree, I think the Simpsons gets funnier every year. The plots are genius, and the turns are hilarious. Its the same type of comedy that makes Family guy so funny.

On another note, it seems to me that family guy is just doing the same thing over and over. someone says, "oh its not as werid as the time I did x with x" then they fade into a flashback of someone doing something ridiculous with a historical figure or celebrity. I admit its funny, but you cant just keep doing that every episode.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
I disagree, I think the Simpsons gets funnier every year.  The plots are genius, and the turns are hilarious.  Its the same type of comedy that makes Family guy so funny.

On another note, it seems to me that family guy is just doing the same thing over and over.  someone says, "oh its not as werid as the time I did x with x"  then they fade into a flashback of someone doing something ridiculous with a historical figure or celebrity.  I admit its funny, but you cant just keep doing that every episode.

How many f***ing times can Homer be in debt to the mob? They just rehash the same f***ing plot over and over. Continuously repeating the same lame ass plot and using the same annoying celebrity guest voices over and over is not ingeniousness, it's laziness and utter stupidity.

Formula for every Simpsons plot:

1.) Homer does something stupid

2.) Marge gets pissed. Sometimes leaves him

3.) Homer thinks of ways to get her back on his good side.

4.) A celebrity shows up

5.) A bunch of stupid s*** happens

6.) Marge takes him back after seeing just how much he loves her.