Official NFL General Discussion Thread

Well, I haven't seen one around, and I'm wanting to make use of it myself, so here is a general NFL discussion thread for the 2005 season. Hopefully one of the Mods will be kind enough to pin this at the top of our Olde Tyme Sports Pub, and we can make use of it throughout the year for any random game that doesn't get its own thread.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, things I noticed in the first few games today...

Either the Dolphins have improved a lot, the Broncos are going to be horrid, or some combination of both of those. Man did Denver look terrible today. Gus Ferotte was able to pick apart their defense. That's saying something.

Minnesota just got itself beaten at home by Tampa. Their offense struggled a good portion of the game. Considering how many people were saying Minnesota was a genuine Super Bowl contender in the NFC...that's a team that needs to panic. I wouldn't want to listen to Twin City sports radio this week...the Moss will be growing on all sides of the trees.

J.P. Losman and my Bills...good game man. 0 picks, solid all-around game against the Texans. Willis went over 100 yards. All good signs for my team.

And How the Hell is St. Louis having so much trouble with San Fran?

I just don't understand how people could consider losing one of the best WR of all time an upgrade to the team. Minnesota will struggle without Moss, he's quite possibly the most skilled reciever in the history of the NFL and anytime you lose a player like that, no matter how big of an asshole he is, you're going to be a little worse on offense.

I want the Bears D to play like this Ravens D, just in the way they play with so much passion and enthusiasm. It's f***ing unbelievable watching Ray Lews, Suggs and Ed Reed running all over the place destroying people and then going insane. I want that in our Chicago team.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
What happened to Javon Walker, and how bad did it look?

Hurt himself going up high for a pass along the sideline and landed funny. Preliminary reports say it could be a torn ACL. We will know tomorrow for sure. Pack looked really sloppy today. For once, we didn't have to worry about the D and the O didn't show up. Thanks Mike Sherman for not even giving Ahman Green 15 f***ing carries you moron.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Pack looked really sloppy today.  For once, we didn't have to worry about the D and the O didn't show up.  Thanks Mike Sherman for not even giving Ahman Green 15 f***ing carries you moron.

I made something for you :wub:

favrepwn3d17bo.jpg

My goodness...

On the Packers/Lions broadcast, they were talking about the Lions making a Superbowl in their hometown.

Give me a f***ing break.

They played decent against a team that played like s***. For all that their offense gets talked up, they scored 17 points.

I'm sorry, but I hope Joey Harrington prepares to be on his back this next Sunday, 'cause that's what's gonna happen. Tommie Harris will wipe that smile off his face real quickly...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
My goodness...

On the Packers/Lions broadcast, they were talking about the Lions making a Superbowl in their hometown.

Give me a f***ing break.

They played decent against a team that played like s***.  For all that their offense gets talked up, they scored 17 points. 

I'm sorry, but I hope Joey Harrington prepares to be on his back this next Sunday, 'cause that's what's gonna happen.  Tommie Harris will wipe that smile off his face real quickly...

If you watched the game, the Lions really didn't look all that good either, the Packers just looked like s***. Joey just couldn't seem to find any of those big recievers of his, with the exception of Roy. He seems to be pretty comfortable with Marcus Pollard but that's all about to change.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Hurt himself going up high for a pass along the sideline and landed funny.  Preliminary reports say it could be a torn ACL.  We will know tomorrow for sure.  Pack looked really sloppy today.  For once, we didn't have to worry about the D and the O didn't show up.  Thanks Mike Sherman for not even giving Ahman Green 15 f***ing carries you moron.

it is torn he is out for the year :crying

atleast thats what espn news on XM radio said

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
trust me its much worse for a packer fan then a fantasy owner

I'm smiling right now, I know it's not right but I'm smiling.

Maybe Packer fans shouldn't take so much damn pleasure in watching Grossman go down.