Official NFL General Discussion Thread

Tom Donahoe is reportedly out as President and GM of the Bills, and Marv Levy will reportedly be taking at least part of his job.

Mularkey has also been told he has his job for 1 more year, but the owner Ralph Wilson says he plans to take a more active role in looking at assistant coaches.

All things considered, the Bills still are in a decent spot...they have a lot of talent at key positions, some decent draft picks, and supposedly are doing fairly well with the cap. They need to build an offensive line more than anything else, and they need their defense to stay healthy and figure out what went wrong last year..

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herman Edwards to coach the Chiefs

Herman Edwards is out in New York. The Chiefs will announce Edwards as their new head coach this Friday at a press conference in Kansas City. The Jets will also also hold a press conference later this week and all indications at this juncture are that general manager Terry Bradway will continue to hold his position. The Jets are expected to name offensive coordinator Mike Hemierdinger to the position of head coach while Jets defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson will follow Edwards to K.C.

http://www.dinocosta.com/ToC.html

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
Bruschi doesnt deserve the award at all...... what he came back from was tough and everything but he didnt have half the season Steve Smith did.

hey, he literally didn't have half the season Steve Smith did, since he didn't play for half the season.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2283046

Tuna gets a 2 year extension with the Boyz.

Good to see, he'll finish what he started building down at Valley Ranch. Sean Payton could go to Green Bay and Mike Zimmer to St. Louis though, forcing Bill to hire new co-ordinators.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
hey, he literally didn't have half the season Steve Smith did, since he didn't play for half the season.

Well yeah but he didnt play half as good as Steve Smith did is what my point was.... Steve Smith for a lot of the season was a MVP candidate.... Bruschi the games I saw didnt play that well....let alone good enough to share this award with Steve Smith.

On the NFL Playoff Wildcard game pre-game show Chris Berman was listing the top ten playoff moments of all time according to ESPN. Shortly thereafter, ESPN announced that USC could beat any one of those playoff teams, by an average margin of 33-6. ;)

I am glad this is finally started! But man does it suck that us Bears fans have to wait an extra week for ours, I have no patience for bye weeks. :)