Official NFL General Discussion Thread

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
I heard that JP Losman kid is almost like Cade McNown lol.... in terms of work ethich etc.....

Well, those weren't the reports last year, at least not the ones I saw, but then again, I'm also not plugged in to Buffalo that well.

He looked at least non-terrible in those few games at the end of the season, and he still had absolutely nothing resembling an offensive line in front of him, and his defense wasn't slowing anyone down and giving him the ball. That's a lot to overcome even if you have a good work ethic.

I still look and see a kid who's only played in about 10 games, and done none of it with a strong supporting cast. Give him a decent offensive line...if he doesn't perform then, with McGahee behind him and a quality receiving corps...then dump him. But he should get a chance to start for at least the next 2 years, barring Matt Leinart or Vince Young falling to their pick.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:03 AM)
Watching ESPN this morning they mentioned Edgerrin James said something about him probably not being back in Indy?  I assume he's a FA this year, just like Alexander is?

Yes, this is one of the best years in the history of the NFL for picking up a RB in free agency.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
Watching ESPN this morning they mentioned Edgerrin James said something about him probably not being back in Indy?  I assume he's a FA this year, just like Alexander is?

Yeah, I was expecting the Colts to move on, but I don't agree with it at all. I felt Edge was very important to the style of offense we needed to be successful. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
And it makes me sad. I can remember all too well when he was hurt a few years back and Indy had to rely on guys like Rhodes and Ricky Williams. Rhodes is a fine #2, but he ain't a starter.

Idonno Rhodes ran the ball very well if he got over his fumbling problem id say he can be very effective for you guys.

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
Is Priest Holmes retiring?

He might be available, as will be Dominack Davis after Houston selects Reggie Bush.

Oh God, if they got rid of Davis.....imagine what he could do with an O-line.....

I don't see it happening though. At least, not to Indy.

Duce Staley should be available again this offseason. You guys can pick him up for a couple of million, and he might give you 2-3 games a year. Otherwise he's a great cheerleader on the sideline, and might wear that neat Beanie he likes to wear on the sideline. Its a big bonus.

I think Jeff's quotes sum it up best.

"There's nothing Peyton has to say to us to explain himself," said center Jeff Saturday. "Like everyone else in our locker room that day, he was frustrated, and just looking for some way to express that. I mean, there was a finality to that day, and none of us was prepared for it. For me to bring up the stuff Peyton said, to start revisiting the events of that day, what good does it do anyone?"

Art Shell's back;

Art Shell has reportedly been hired to be the next coach of the Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders spent nearly six weeks hunting for a new head coach after Norv Turner was fired on January 3. This will be Shell's second stint with the Raiders. He coached the team from 1988-1994. A press conference to annouce the hiring is scheduled for tomorrow. Feb. 10 - 11:39 pm et