Official NFL General Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
I'm smiling right now, I know it's not right but I'm smiling.

Maybe Packer fans shouldn't take so much damn pleasure in watching Grossman go down.

Trust Me i didnt.... if it was cullpepper though then it would be a different story...

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Trust Me i didnt.... if it was cullpepper though then it would be a different story...

You may not have but a great majority of Packer fans did.

Can't say I'm saddend by the news that the Packers' major recieving threat is out for an extended period of time.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
trust me its much worse for a packer fan then a fantasy owner

^^^^^

After watching the Pack today however, I have come to the conclusion that the Pack are in a bit of a rebuilding mode. Ted Thompson is clearing a ton of cap room to make some changes next year. I have a feeling this year was a wash for Ted and he plans to remodel this team next season and try to re-load for a new era. Hopefully it is as good as the Pack of the 90's

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
^^^^^

After watching the Pack today however, I have come to the conclusion that the Pack are in a bit of a rebuilding mode.  Ted Thompson is clearing a ton of cap room to make some changes next year.  I have a feeling this year was a wash for Ted and he plans to remodel this team next season and try to re-load for a new era.  Hopefully it is as good as the Pack of the 90's

I personally kind of doubt it with a Tedford QB.

But ya, the Bills...man, am I looking forward to this year. Could be a big one in the right direction. And then Jason Peters caught a touchdown pass...the same Jason Peters that weighs 328 pounds...w00t

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
I personally kind of doubt it with a Tedford QB.

But ya, the Bills...man, am I looking forward to this year.  Could be a big one in the right direction.  And then Jason Peters caught a touchdown pass...the same Jason Peters that weighs 328 pounds...w00t

And the Bills D looks as good as ever. Losman did what he has to do all season long, just manage the game, don't have to win it. 8 different targets caught passes for him as well today. But I really expected more out of the Texans today. They have to start winning soon, otherwise Don Capers might go on the hot seat.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
^^^^^

After watching the Pack today however, I have come to the conclusion that the Pack are in a bit of a rebuilding mode.  Ted Thompson is clearing a ton of cap room to make some changes next year.  I have a feeling this year was a wash for Ted and he plans to remodel this team next season and try to re-load for a new era.  Hopefully it is as good as the Pack of the 90's

ya and i know they couldnt of kept wahle and Rivera, but those loses are going to hurt a lot more then people think

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
Congrats to Willie for being the sunday stud. If you guys get a chance to watch him run, you really should. Its a treat.

Yeah 3 quality RB's the Steelers have got now, although Duce Staley might be in a bit of trouble to get carries.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
And the Bills D looks as good as ever. Losman did what he has to do all season long, just manage the game, don't have to win it. 8 different targets caught passes for him as well today. But I really expected more out of the Texans today. They have to start winning soon, otherwise Don Capers might go on the hot seat.

Kinda reminds you of good Pittsburgh teams a little bit, doesn't it?

Now why would that be? :)

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 03:40 AM)
ya and i know they couldnt of kept wahle and Rivera, but those loses are going to hurt a lot more then people think

Agreed, you can already see how much worse their line is with the two of them gone. A year of this s*** with Brett getting knocked around and I am pretty sure he won't want to come back to it. Hell, his head didn't even seem in the game today.

However, as sad as it is to say it, the Pack will need to lose a little to be able to rebulild, grow and flourish again as a dominant team. I am glad we have a guy like Thopmson making the tough cuts and decisions to fix the cap and hopefully turn this ship in the right direction. I am interested to see what his plans are.

Well heres my thoughts of each game.

Chicago vs Washington

Was really happy how Orton played and I think he will throw for around 200 yards next week vs a much worse Detroit defense. Also Portis is a better RB than he was last year and impressed me very much.

Denver vs Miami

I refuse to think that Miami is a good team yet but boy they crushed a supposedly good broncos team. With how the Raiders looked yesterday and the Broncos today... those 2 teams could be among the worse in the 2005 season making a supposedly good division into a bad one.

New Orleans vs Carolina

Not much to say didnt see it till the Bears game was over. I still think overall the Saints are going to be a very bad team and the Panthers will recover and be an elite team.

Seattle vs Jacksonville

Well Seattle showed they still suck on the defensive side of the ball. I was very happy to see Bryon Leftwich look good. Him and Jimmy Smith are going to be very good together this year it looks like. 2 bad the bears passed on him :bang

Tenesee vs Pitts

Didnt see it but from stats and highlights I was totally wrong about the steelers thinking they would really not be that good this season.

Cincy vs Cleveland

Even though no one outside of Ohio cares about this game I always think its fun to watch the Bengals. Carson Palmer is looking like the best QB from his draft class. If the Bengals defense can play good they should be playoff bound.

Houstan vs Buffalo

no comment didnt see anything on it

NY Jets vs KC

Wow this game was probably the biggest shocker of the week. I was thinking the Jets would crush KC but it was the other way around. Larry Johnson is going to be a stud and their defense looked very good.

Tampa vs Minny

Well everyone talked about how their offense is still going to be good and how Burleson is a stud. WELL THEY WERE ALL WRONG. On offense the Vikings could only score 6 points and one was a 53 yard field goal by Edinger...And tampa is a worse defense than the Redskins..

Dallas vs San Diego

Well the Cowboys defense dissapointed even though they got the clutch int at the end. Demarcus Ware looked like the real thing not just a pre-season hallucination. Im still thinking San Diego is going to be a very good team and lets see how they do with Gates back.

St Louis vs San Fran

Wow now thats an upset. I think this just shows how bad this division really is. The 49ers should only win 2-4 games the whole season and the Rams are apposed to be the team to beat in that division.

Arizona vs Giants

I saw the first half and Arizona looked like they were in control. Than i look at the score and they got crushed in the 2nd half. A lot of people picked the Cardinals to win the division but they sure didnt look like division winners today. One thing that was good is larry fitzgerald had a big day after not having much of a rookie season.

GreenBay vs Detroit

By far the ugliest game of the day. I was not impressed by either team even though the Lions beat the Packers fairly easily. Mike Sherman showed he should be fired and if Walker is really done for the season your looking at the last place team in the NFC North. The Lions offense wasnt as good as advertised either. Against probably the worse defense in the NFL only 17 points.

Indy vs Ravens

Well after the first half I was thinking that maybe Manning was going to have a down year. He looked bad and missed a completely wide open Marvin Harrison. In the 2nd half he looked back to his old self and Colts showed why they are super bowl contenders. As for the Ravens... I think Kyle Orton already looks better than Kyle Boller.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
Well heres my thoughts of each game.

Indy vs Ravens

Well after the first half I was thinking that maybe Manning was going to have a down year.  He looked bad and missed a completely wide open Marvin Harrison.  In the 2nd half he looked back to his old self and Colts showed why they are super bowl contenders.  As for the Ravens... I think Kyle Orton already looks better than Kyle Boller.

You have to give some dap to Baltimore's D. Indy's not going to see anymore defense's the rest of the season that can hold a candle to Baltimores w/ maybe NE being the exception.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:04 AM)
You have to give some dap to Baltimore's D.  Indy's not going to see anymore defense's the rest of the season that can hold a candle to Baltimores w/ maybe NE being the exception.

Yeah I do give them credit... Samari Rolle, McAllister, and Reed is an amazing secondary but he even missed a wide open reciever in the endzone so it was like wtf?

On Dallas's D 101, it'll take time for them to gel under the 3-4, and I don't think Jason Ferguson the big NT started today either. I'm sure it'll get better during the year, although I was dissappointed with Anthony Henry's performance today with McCardell getting 9 recpetions and 2TD's.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Agreed, you can already see how much worse their line is with the two of them gone.  A year of this s*** with Brett getting knocked around and I am pretty sure he won't want to come back to it.  Hell, his head didn't even seem in the game today.

However, as sad as it is to say it, the Pack will need to lose a little to be able to rebulild, grow and flourish again as a dominant team.  I am glad we have a guy like Thopmson making the tough cuts and decisions to fix the cap and hopefully turn this ship in the right direction.  I am interested to see what his plans are.

Ya and it was about time Hunt got released he was wasting away a lot of cash Jenkins is turning out to be a great DT

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)

Depending on injuries, the Bills have exactly 3 question marks this season...only 1 on defense.

First, they lost their nose tackle, Pat Williams, to Minnesota. That's about their only question on defense...without him, will they still be able to dominate the run. They were the #2 defense last year I believe, and that was with a fairly banged-up secondary, to which they've added young people and healthy vets this year.

2. The offensive line...it gave up a ton of sacks to "point and laugh at defensive linemen" Drew Bledsoe last year, and lost maybe the best guy on it.

3. Losman. He can't throw picks. If he coughs up turnovers, that team will lose.

Those 3 go well, and that's a real good team.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
On Dallas's D 101, it'll take time for them to gel under the 3-4, and I don't think Jason Ferguson the big NT started today either. I'm sure it'll get better during the year, although I was dissappointed with Anthony Henry's performance today with McCardell getting 9 recpetions and 2TD's.

Henry also had a ton of tackles and a big interception, if memory serves.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Henry also had a ton of tackles and a big interception, if memory serves.

Yeah I think he'll be still be a very good addition for us. I mean if you at the Boys CB's now in Newman, Henry and Glenn compared to last season when they had Newman, Reeves and Frazier, it shows you how much they've upgraded.

Add in DeMarcus Ware, Jason Ferguson, Marcus Spears and Kevin Burnett (once he comes back from minor knee surgery), the Boys D has been upgraded tremendously. And with the way the passing attack looked today (Jones had an average day even though the Chargers dominate against the run), the Boys are looking pretty good right now.

As a Packers fan(yeah, yeah...don't start), I'm gonna go ahead and write this season off as the farewell tour of Brett, be content with 8-8 or so, and hope like hell that Aaron Rodgers turns out to be some kind of hellacious prodigy under Favre. This team just doesn't have 'it' anymore. And with Walker now in doubt, well I'll say that I'm glad I at least get to watch Spurrier and South Carolina...