Official NFL General Discussion Thread

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Depending on injuries, the Bills have exactly 3 question marks this season...only 1 on defense.

First, they lost their nose tackle, Pat Williams, to Minnesota.  That's about their only question on defense...without him, will they still be able to dominate the run.  They were the #2 defense last year I believe, and that was with a fairly banged-up secondary, to which they've added young people and healthy vets this year.

2.  The offensive line...it gave up a ton of sacks to "point and laugh at defensive linemen" Drew Bledsoe last year, and lost maybe the best guy on it.

3.  Losman.  He can't throw picks.  If he coughs up turnovers, that team will lose.

Those 3 go well, and that's a real good team.

Williams was a real big loss. He's a top 5 run stuffing DT in the NFL. And you're spot on on the O-Line and Losman, turnovers are going to be a big key for that offense, because you know that defense is going to have a plus ratio on their end. At least with Losman, he's a lot more active and can scramble around if the pocket collapses. Bledsoe just needs a real good O-Line to protect him, and he'll get in that Dallas, especially if Rob Petiti can stand up at RT, although having Marco Rivera next to him will be a huge plus.

But if McGahee can consistently put up 100+ rushing yards a game, and Losman can limit his turnovers, they're definitely a playoff team, although it'll be hard in the crowded AFC, a 10-6 season may not be good enough. In some divisions in the NFC, it'd be good enough to win the division.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)
Heh with how you guys looked yesterday and adding in the fact that Walker might be out for the rest of the season.  You would almost have to be lucky to get 8-8.

Well, as much as I hate to say it because it was Detroit, the dome factor didn't help. In case you aren't aware of it, Favre + Dome = s***tastic results.

But agreed, this team is in a heap of a mess right now.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
As a Packers fan(yeah, yeah...don't start), I'm gonna go ahead and write this season off as the farewell tour of Brett, be content with 8-8 or so, and hope like hell that Aaron Rodgers turns out to be some kind of hellacious prodigy under Favre. This team just doesn't have 'it' anymore. And with Walker now in doubt, well I'll say that I'm glad I at least get to watch Spurrier and South Carolina...

Thompson's going to have to rebuild that defense majorly in the off-season. I count about 2 or 3 good players on there in Grady Jackson (when he's motivated) Kammer Gbaja - Bamila (don't know if I said that right), and Nick Barnett. Besides that, they're really brutal, especially in the secondary.

I wonder if Ahman Green will want to stick around with a rebuilding team too. Even though the market for experienced good RB's isn't big at all (just look at James and Alexander), will he want to stick around in Green Bay?

I guess from the looks of it Mathis punched Trotter and than Trotter grabbed his facemask and and thats really all there was 2 it. Refs said Trotter threw a punch but didnt look like it. Than after that both teams started jumping at each other at midfield and michael vick ran away.

I bet you that if Trotter was playing, the Eagles win that game. The Falcons got so many cheap yards running Dunn right up the middle it wasn't funny. That was how they got in position on almost every one of their drives.

They should give Mathis the game ball.

Idonno how there wasnt more scoring than that... After the 1st quarter with all those yards they gained Atlanta didnt score at all. Hell it seemed both teams could move the ball fairly well but really low scoring game.

Falcons seemed to do virtually nothing with the ball in the second half, definitely had me worried.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
So Patrick Ramsey's been demoted after 1 game and has demanded a trade. My guess is Miami would be the favorites, although if the Bears could get him for about a 4th rounder.............

After Gus Ferotte picked apart the Broncos defense over the weekend?