Official NFL General Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Would the Texans trade down and offer another team Reggie Bush?

They don't really need a RB.

If they pass on Reggie Bush because they have Dominick Davis, they will regret it forever. Bush will be a superstar in the league for years to come where as Davis ain't looking to hot when he's on the field and not hurt.

The Texans aren't exactly set at RB IMO and should take Bush if they end up with the first pick.

Nooo the Texans do not need Reggie Bush.... they need to take that LT guy at all costs he has to be the biggest priority for him. Than they also should try and sign a good OL player in f/a.

If Im a GM trying to build up a new team the most important area's to start are the OL and DL and a course a QB. They messed up and they have good offensive players but the OL is crap. I think they have a couple of good CB's but their DL is crap. Next off-season they should really try to improve those area's. Starting with the OL first.

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Would the Texans trade down and offer another team Reggie Bush?

They don't really need a RB.

The Texans (if they wind up with the #1 overall pick) will get a very good return on a trade down. I would guess that some team in the 3-5 range might give up their 1st this year, their 1st next year, and their 3rd this year to get that #1 pick (which should and likely will be Reggie Bush).

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
If they pass on Reggie Bush because they have Dominick Davis, they will regret it forever. Bush will be a superstar in the league for years to come where as Davis ain't looking to hot when he's on the field and not hurt.

The Texans aren't exactly set at RB IMO and should take Bush if they end up with the first pick.

Why? So he can average 2.8 YPC behind their horrible line and end up injured? The Texans DESPERATELY need OL help. If they don't trade out of the #1 spot and draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson, they are fools.

Marvel Smith is about to just get torched. His footwork is not going to be able to handle Freeney.

That said, the Colts are way undersized on Defense, and dont be suprised to see Hartings & Co. run right at them. Ricardo Coclough and Deshea Townshend play well and Polamalu gets on Peytons nerves a little, thiss game will go to Pitt.

Prediction:

Colts: 28

Steelers: 31

/OT

Kind of hard to win when the Colts have a better head coach, QB, RB, WR's, OL, DL, LB's, CB's, Punter, Kicker, and Special teams in general. This is the life of a Steelers fan with Cowher at the helm, decent success in the regular season and choke after choke in the big games. Fun stuff.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
I've heard good things about this Manning guy.

Who is that? I've never heard of him. I guess I'll have to watch the next game more closely, but I hope you're right about this Manning.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
Kind of hard to win when the Colts have a better head coach, QB, RB, WR's, OL, DL, LB's, CB's, Punter, Kicker, and Special teams in general. This is the life of a Steelers fan with Cowher at the helm, decent success in the regular season and choke after choke in the big games. Fun stuff.

:lol: I think someone is being a little bit hard on their team after a tough loss.

lol, its the norm with me. But even after calming down, I still believe most of, it not all of what I posted. Outside of Troy Polamalu, Casey Hampton, and possibly Joey Porter, I'm not sure if I would trade every single Steelers defender for their counterpart on the Colts D. I also don't even think its arguable that the Colts have better offensive players at every position on the field. The Steelers line has gone from one of the leagues best, to absolutely atrocious in no time.

With all that said, I forgot to compliment the Colts on the game. Thats the best team I have seen in the past few years atleast. Manning could step up to the line and start telling a story about his grandmother and the defense would still be s***ting their pants.