Official NFL General Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
G-Men handled em pretty well.

Yeah Bledsoe picked a good day to suck, although our O-Line just ain't good in Pass Protection at the moment. And that comes from having Torrin Tucker and Rob Pettiti as your Offensive Tackles, forcing you to put in a TE and / or RB to help block.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:30 AM)
Yeah Bledsoe picked a good day to suck, although our O-Line just ain't good in Pass Protection at the moment. And that comes from having Torrin Tucker and Rob Pettiti as your Offensive Tackles, forcing you to put in a TE and / or RB to help block.

Thats kinda sad too cause Eli Manning is a joke. I expected the 'Boys to win this one.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Eli Manning is a joke???  Wow you either know next to nothing about football, dont watch Giants games, or just a hater.....

I don't think he's been good for the last couple of weeks, but we've owned him twice now this season, which hopefully bodes well for the future.

He probably needs another good WR though. Amani Toomer ain't really gonna get it done no more.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:59 AM)
I cant wait for next weekend and the match between J-Ville and Indy.  Thats gonna be a hot one for sure.

I don't know. I thought there were 2 spots on our schedule, where we had a legit chance to lose: JAX and Seattle. However, that was before Leftwich went out.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:44 AM)
I don't think he's been good for the last couple of weeks, but we've owned him twice now this season, which hopefully bodes well for the future.

He probably needs another good WR though. Amani Toomer ain't really gonna get it done no more.

I don't know. I saw the Giants-Seahawks game and that Eli-Tiki-Plexico trio looked pretty dynamic to me. I haven't seen the Giants but for that one game. Yet, everything I read is that Eli is rapidly getting better from week to week.

Im curious how much longer we are all going to be forced to listen to Kid Rock butcher, re-butcher, then butcher again the same f***ing song which wasnt good to begin with. I cringe everytime ESPN leads a segment with the soundbite with "I, luv,.....".

Come on ESPN, just LET IT GO. Please. For my sanity. We all just want to forget about the Kid Rock catastrophe. Just let it go.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 07:04 AM)
I don't know.  I thought there were 2 spots on our schedule, where we had a legit chance to lose:  JAX and Seattle.  However, that was before Leftwich went out.

Leftwich may be out but they have a really capable backup in Garrad and a strong running game to back him up. It's all going to come down to whether their defense can at least slow down Manning and company enough to stay with em. For them to do that they need to chew up the clock and play a ball control game.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:04 AM)
I don't know.  I thought there were 2 spots on our schedule, where we had a legit chance to lose:  JAX and Seattle.  However, that was before Leftwich went out.

I wouldn't underestimate the Chargers game either...there's a good chance that the Chargers will be fighting like Hell to hold onto that 6th playoff spot at the time, and Indy may very well not care that much.

That said, if the Colts do try to make a game of it, I think they'll shred the Chargers, just because the way to beat the Chargers each of the last 2 seasons has been to challenge their secondary, which is the weakest part of their defense...and the Colts are moderately good at the passing game.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:19 AM)
Eli Manning is a joke???  Wow you either know next to nothing about football, dont watch Giants games, or just a hater.....

Yeah he is a joke........with a rating a mere 17 points better than Kyle Orton.

LOL!!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/NYG

People hear the name Manning and they automatically think he's as good as his brother.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
Yeah he is a joke........with a rating a mere 17 points better than Kyle Orton.

LOL!!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/NYG

People hear the name Manning and they automatically think he's as good as his brother.

Eli Manning was having some serious disconnects with his receivers this weekend...throwing the ball where they didn't expect it at all, missing people because of it, that sort of thing.

The kid has talent...but he ain't there yet. He'll probably wind up in the pro bowl anyway, exactly because of the reason you give.

Bears @ Pitt will be by far the most difficult game the Bears play during the regular season (including upcoming games). Pittsburgh (despite a little above avg record) is one of the best teams in the NFC and Big Ben should have his timing back.

Its going to be a hell of a challenge for Chicago.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Bears @ Pitt will be by far the most difficult game the Bears play during the regular season (including upcoming games). Pittsburgh (despite a little above avg record) is one of the best teams in the NFC and Big Ben should have his timing back. 

Its going to be a hell of a challenge for Chicago.

I like our chances in this game. Pitt is coming off 3 straight losses and Rothlesburger has a bad thumb. The defense puts a few good shots on him early and it could be a long day for Pitt.