Official NFL General Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
I think there will be one or two of those hits on jacked up tomorrow.

The Tommie Harris hit for sure. Garcia's gonna be sitting in a tub of ice for the next 2 hours or so just trying to numb the pain.

Hmmm.....

Larry: I noticed that Desmond Clark wore a microphone for the Vikings game and caught two touchdown passes, then Tank Johnson was miked for the Ravens game and got two sacks. Does every player want to wear a microphone for games now?

Anthony

Los Angeles

Anthony: Given the success that Desmond Clark and Tank Johnson enjoyed, I imagine the players will start to line up in an effort to be miked. In case you were wondering, I understand that Charles Tillman will be wearing the microphone in Sunday's game in Detroit.

Interesting

Edited by chimpy2121

Things returning to normaility for the Cowboys going into the bye, easy win vs. the Cardinals. Too bad we've got 3 games in 11 days after that I think.

Oh yeah, Marion Barber = Very Nice Insurance Policy for Julius Jones.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Can anyone give me a quick recap of the Bears game... Like how did Bradley get hurt and what were you all mad at RW for... also is TJ ok or is it finally Benson time?

I hate work ever more now missing one helluva game stupid Michaels...

Bradley hurt his knee just stepping akwardly on the turf.

RW hit Orton out of bounds.

TJ had something going on with his chest/ribs - I have a feeling he will be alright.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Can anyone give me a quick recap of the Bears game... Like how did Bradley get hurt and what were you all mad at RW for... also is TJ ok or is it finally Benson time?

I hate work ever more now missing one helluva game stupid Michaels...

Bradley got hurt on a crossing pattern where he caught the ball got hit by Lion tried to stay on his feet and his knee sort of buckled.

RW looked like he was playing dirty like he needed to prove something. He got in a little tussel with Moose early in the game then layed out Orton when Kyle went to run out of bounds. He got a personal foul but it was erased due to off-setting penalties.

TJ had something wrong with his chest. Had it rapped, never returned IIRC.

Benson had 2 good runs in OT.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
Bradley got hurt on a crossing pattern where he caught the ball got hit by Lion tried to stay on his feet and his knee sort of buckled.

RW looked like he was playing dirty like he needed to prove something. He got in a little tussel with Moose early in the game then layed out Orton when Kyle went to run out of bounds. He got a personal foul but it was erased due to off-setting penalties.

TJ had something wrong with his chest. Had it rapped, never returned IIRC.

Benson had 2 good runs in OT.

I know there isn't a fair way to change the rule that I've heard but I feel personal foul penalties being offset is unfortunate.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
I know there isn't a fair way to change the rule that I've heard but I feel personal foul penalties being offset is unfortunate.

I agree. It doesn't seem right that someone can be called for holding and then someone else on the other team can cheapshot someone and not get punished.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
Jake Plummer, now 25-10 as Denvers starter and is on pace to have a 24 TD-9 pick season. The 1-2 punch of Bell and Anderson is putting up 150 plus yards of rushing with regularity

f***ing Broncos should have a 7 game winning streak. :o

@Miami Lost 10-34

San Diego Won 20-17

Kansas City Won 30-10

@Jacksonville Won 20-7

Washington Won 21-19

New England Won 28-20

@N.Y. Giants Lost 23-24

Philadelphia Won 49-21

I think that they'll win a minimum of 5 games out of their last 8:

@Oakland (Coming Off A Bye) W

N.Y. Jets W

@Dallas L

@Kansas City L

Baltimore W

@Buffalo W

Oakland W

@San Diego L

8-0 at home, and 3-5 on the road.

I still can't believe that they lost in Miami. Otherwise, they'd have a great shot at 12 wins.

And how about them Giants?

Arizona Won 42-19

@New Orleans Won 27-10

@San Diego Lost 23-45

St. Louis Won 44-24

@Dallas Lost 13-16

Denver Won 24-23

Washington Won 36-0

They should be able to win 5 of their last 9 without much of a problem.

@San Francisco

Minnesota

Philadelphia

@Seattle

Dallas

@Philadelphia

Kansas City

@Washington

@Oakland

Like the Broncos, there's a chance that they can go 8-0 at home.

Before the season started, I had the Giants down as a 6-10 or 7-9 caliber team, mostly because Manning was still so raw. As you know, an incompetent QB can singlehandedly f*** over an entire team. You knew that Manning would be good, but not damn near all-pro caliber in only his second year.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
Before the season started, I had the Giants down as a 6-10 or 7-9 caliber team, mostly because Manning was still so raw.  As you know, an incompetent QB can singlehandedly f*** over an entire team.  You knew that Manning would be good, but not damn near all-pro caliber in only his second year.

IN 1998, the Colts went 3-13 with a rookie QB.

In 1999, the Colts went 13-3.

Granted, the Colts also drafted James in 1999, but still, that 2nd year turnaround shouldn't be a huge shock.

Well my fantasy team may be losing both Daunte and Boldin. However, I just accepted a Jimmy Smith/Jerome Bettis for Matt Hasselbach deal so at least I'll have a viable fantasy qb.

I have no interest in the Bus and I'm just going to cut him. I just hope if Boldin is done for the year that Fitzgerald can replace him. I even got as desperate to pick up Roy Williams hoping he'll rebound and have a good 2nd half and be able to replace Boldin. My other WR is Mushin.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
IN 1998, the Colts went 3-13 with a rookie QB.

In 1999, the Colts went 13-3.

Granted, the Colts also drafted James in 1999, but still, that 2nd year turnaround shouldn't be a huge shock.

There are isolated cases like Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, and Peyton Manning. But for every QB that goes from terrible in his rookie season to damn near all-pro caliber in his second, you have like 29 who still suck. The QB position is much like the PG slot in basketball. It almost always takes a few years for a guy to develop, with very, very few exceptions. So hell yeah, you have to be completely shocked by Manning's performance thus far, unless you're a Giants homer living in denial or whatever. Also, there is usually a very strong correlation between the progress made by young QBs and a strong O-Line, and the Giants certainly have that with McKenzie, Petigout, O'Hara, Snee, etc.