Official NFL General Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
Nah your defense has improved but cmon our group is a top 5 unit... yours still has some work to do.  Also keep in mind ours has perfomed better while being on the field longer since you guys have a better offense.

Before the Arizona game, the 3 weeks before that we played Philly, the Giants and the Seahawks. We held those teams to 10, 13 and 13 points. That's pretty damn good. We still need some upgrades at LB and FS no doubt, but our D-Line rotation would be right up there with Ellis, Spears, Canty, Glover, Thornton and Ferguson all having success at some point this season.

The Bears D has had more success over a longer period of time no doubt, and full credit to them. I think we're on our way too though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
It's easy to say Robertson hasn't rached his potential yet, but you gotta remember they also had Jason Ferguson and Josh Evans in there at DT. Now that DeWayne's the #1 guy in there, his numbers are getting much better, he has 16 tackles and 3 sacks in the last 3 games.

How can you say this about Robertson while at the same time calling Michael Haynes a bust. Haynes has never stated since comming into the league becuase he's been stuck behind guys like Bryan Robinson, Phillip Daniels and now Alex Brown and Adawale Ogunleye. If you can say the jury is still out on Robertson because he's just now becomming the #1 guy, then how can you say Haynes is a bust while never getting consistant playing time?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
How can you say this about Robertson while at the same time calling Michael Haynes a bust. Haynes has never stated since comming into the league becuase he's been stuck behind guys like Bryan Robinson, Phillip Daniels and now Alex Brown and Adawale Ogunleye. If you can say the jury is still out on Robertson because he's just now becomming the #1 guy, then how can you say Haynes is a bust while never getting consistant playing time?

The difference is, even with those guys I mentioned in New York, Robertson was still playing every game, and starting quite a few (until the Jets moved into the 3-4). Brown remember was like a 4th round pick (albeit an excellent one), and you traded for Ogunleye. Doesn't it say something about how the Bears coaches rate Haynes, if he's not starting (and he should be because he's a 1st rounder). Until he starts everyday, we don't know what he's going to do, but until then, he hasn't accomplished anything, and I don't think he will until he leaves Chicago. Haynes should be just starting to come into his prime now.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
I'm pretty sure there was time left when LJ crossed the goal line.  Oh well.

Yeah there should've been at least 2 seconds on the clock. But the Chiefs were trying to call time out when LJ had that long run when there was like 8 seconds left, not 5. So a bad clock all around.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
Overheard in a bar in Minneapolis:

"So, who do you think our MVP is this year?  Pat Williams or Chris Kluwe?"

That's right, folks.  Vikes fans think their punter is the MVP.

Well, Maynard has long been one of the Bears MVP's.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
I'd have to call you foolish.  :P

I ended up, with one minute to get the rosters in, swapped the Manning brothers -- Eli's ride the pine today. So far, good choice -- Peyton threw a TD to my TE, Dallas Clark, while Eli threw an INT.

I just had a real good feeling about starting Hasslebeck, agaisnt St Louis, at home. I couldn't sit him...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
I ended up, with one minute to get the rosters in, swapped the Manning brothers -- Eli's ride the pine today.  So far, good choice -- Peyton threw a TD to my TE, Dallas Clark, while Eli threw an INT.

I just had a real good feeling about starting Hasslebeck, agaisnt St Louis, at home.  I couldn't sit him...

21-0 Colts right now.

5:36 to go in the 2nd.

Peyton 2 TDs, 157 Yds

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
21-0 Colts right now.

5:36 to go in the 2nd.

Peyton 2 TDs, 157 Yds

And both TD's to guys I started this week, Stokely and Clark! :headbang

Really, though, I'm in a rut with my RBs. I started Benson this week, that looked like a good move, then he screws up his knee (I'm guessing torn ACL). I have Portis, he's somewhat reliable, but after that -- I have Rudi Johnson and Cadillac Williams. Williams is playing injured and isn't getting the bulk of the carries, and Johnson isn't doing a whole lot this year (seemingly).