Official NFL General Discussion Thread

When Benson was drafted, I believe I said something along the lines of -- "I don't know if this is the right RB they're drafting, as you could make as strong a case for Cadilac Williams as you can for Benson." I forgot what I said about Williams, but I was sort of responding to the people who were 100% positive that Mike Williams was the second coming of Jerry Rice, and that Angelo was an idiot for not taking him.

I agree with you about Derrick Johnson. Imagine the Bears defense with a LBing core of Johnson/Urlacher/Briggs... Hillenmyer has done a good job, but DJ is so freakin' good.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Don't have anything intelligent say (actually, never have anything intelligent to say)?  Just b**** and swear and swear and say, "DOLLAR BILL!!!", or "Reinsdorf sucks!".  Heh, haven't seen that latter one in a while...

Or just keep throwing your money away on a s***bag hockey team that is built for mediocracy and drone on and on about loyalty even though neither the players are just there to collect a paycheck and the management doesn't give a rats ass about winning.

:rolly

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Or just keep throwing your money away on a s***bag hockey team that is built for mediocracy and drone on and on about loyalty even though neither the players are just there to collect a paycheck and the management doesn't give a rats ass about winning.

:rolly

Not true one bit, but keep spewing your crap. It's laughable for the rest of us.

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 02:43 AM)
I'd still take Williams over Benson.

An underused WR on Det vs an underused RB on Chi.

It's still pretty even.

The Bears could really use a second option to Muhammad right now.

Do you realize why is he underused?

HE DOESNT EVEN KNOW THE PLAYS

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 03:43 AM)

It's still pretty even.

Benson asked not to be played when he held out in the beginning of the year. If you want to play in the NFL, don't hold out.

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)

It's still pretty even.

I still prefer Benson over Williams.

1-10-SD 28 (9:40) L.Tomlinson sacked at SD 21 for -7 yards (M.Washington).

2-17-SD 21 (9:10) L.Tomlinson up the middle to SD 19 for -2 yards (L.Arrington; C.Killings).

3-19-SD 19 (8:32) (Shotgun) L.Tomlinson sacked at SD 10 for -9 yards (sack split by M.Washington and R.Clark).

:huh:

Giants up 10-7 on the Seahawks with 1:07 left in the second quarter. A loss by the Hawks and the Bears will be tied with them for best record in the NFC.

Edit: I forgot that the Giants would also be 8-3. So there would be a 3 way tie for the top spot. Go Giants!

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

Mike Williams over Cedric Benson?

It's obviously feasable and you could make a case for it, but it I dont think you'd make a very good case.

Mike Williams defines slow and stupid, people raved about his hands and "playmaking ability" (FYI, Bradley is faster and has better hands than Bust Mike Williams) when so far this year he's shown that he is slow, dumber than at first thought and has little as far as hands go.

If we wanted to get a big dumb WR we shouldve gotten Larry Brackins from YadaYada-River Community College. Kid can leap, he's 6-4 -- 6-5 and hes got wheels.. pretty big work in progress though, but better than the Bust.

The Bears realisticly shouldve picked Cadillac Williams, he tried to talk his way onto the team by saying he idolized Payton and a whole bunch of other stuff. Oh well, TJones is better than them both.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
Giants up 10-7 on the Seahawks with 1:07 left in the second quarter.  A loss by the Hawks and the Bears will be tied with them for best record in the NFC.

Edit: I forgot that the Giants would also be 8-3.  So there would be a 3 way tie for the top spot.  Go Giants!

Carolina is also 8-3. There would be a 4way tie but if the Gmen win and the season ended today the Bears would get home field throughout.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, rookie Ram QB, 3rd stringer, from Harvard! takes his 1st NFL snap then proceeds to lead the Rams to come from behind victory over the Texans. Going 19 - 30, 310 yards. 3 TD's 1 pick and passer rating of 117.4

Kyle Who?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
Ryan Fitzpatrick, rookie Ram QB, 3rd stringer, from Harvard! takes his 1st NFL snap then proceeds to lead the Rams to come from behind victory over the Texans.  Going 19 - 30, 310 yards.  3 TD's 1 pick and passer rating of 117.4

Kyle Who?

The Texans. Wow. Has there been another team that has tried so hard to lose?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
The Texans. Wow. Has there been another team that has tried so hard to lose?

I know it was the Texans. But the kid got thrown into the fire and from the back from, I think, 21 points down. Of course, Holt and Bruce had something to do with that.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
I know it was the Texans.  But the kid got thrown into the fire and from the back from, I think, 21 points down.  Of course, Holt and Bruce had something to do with that.

Not trying to take anything away from him. Just saying the Texans suck. Suck it hard. :D