Official NFL General Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
If the Steelers end up losing by a field goal or TD, Cowher will be ripped for that ball-less end of the first half.

Him and that no pass interference call which probably would've gotten them at least a field goal.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Not sure why it surprises you.  Cowher has alwasy been a pussy, "ball control" coach....it's why he's never won anything despite having some teams with superior talent.

Maybe he's a fruitcake or something then. He always loves to do those trick plays which definately doesn't go in line with being a pussy.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Maybe he's a fruitcake or something then. He always loves to do those trick plays which definately doesn't go in line with being a pussy.

Meh, I disagree. That's why I was so stunned when they ran that trick play to perfection against the Bengals, Cowher normally wouldn't allow that, at least the Cowher I've seen over the years.

That was just so damn lame. They could have atleast gotten in range for a long 50+ yard field goal and tried it. They are in a dome, afterall. The Colts wouldn't have had any time left to do anything anyways.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
If the Steelers end up losing by a field goal or TD, Cowher will be ripped for that ball-less end of the first half.

I agreed with the call. You have the lead and played a good 1st half. They go for it agressively and the Colts probably get the ball back and have a shot to make it even closer.

On a sidenote, that was a smart ass penalty for the Colts cause if they didn't have that holding call on Randle El, they may have been down 21-3 going into the half.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
Meh, I disagree.  That's why I was so stunned when they ran that trick play to perfection against the Bengals, Cowher normally wouldn't allow that, at least the Cowher I've seen over the years.

Yeah maybe you're right, all I know is I could see the Steelers blowing this because he tries to establish the run in the 2nd half.

I agreed with the call.  You have the lead and played a good 1st half.  They go for it agressively and the Colts probably get the ball back and have a shot to make it even closer.

The Colts wouldn't have had enough time to do anything with the ball. The Steelers had a 1st down with under a minute left. The Colts also get the ball to start the second half. You can't play that conservatively against the best offense in the NFL.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
The Colts wouldn't have had enough time to do anything with the ball.  The Steelers had a 1st down with under a minute left.  The Colts also get the ball to start the second half.  You can't play that conservatively against the best offense in the NFL.

Whoa. I'm talking about they strated the drive conservative running the ball. There was like 1:20 and there would have been plenty of time. Had Pitt just thrown the ball they could have went 3 and out with maybe one pass completed. That means Indy would have 2 Timeouts and probably a minute left. And thats plenty of time for Indy.

Thats why I have no problem with what Cowher did. Your going to the locker room with the momentum knowing your up on the Steelers. You don't want to ruin that, imo.

However, he'd be a genius had they drove down and scored more, but I guarantee you had they went 3 and out and the colts got the ball back and scored, people would be pointing the blame at him yet again.

We'll see what they do in the 2nd half ,cause I think they need to be agressive, but at the same time they need to do what they can to keep their offense out on the field and the Colts off it.