Official NFL General Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Peyton is smart, hater. He's had a terrible game, but he knows this offense more than anyone else. It wasn't stupid because Indy needed it and Colts know the game was slipping out of their hands.

This game is already over. Colts still need 2 touchdowns and that aint gonna happen with them totally unable to stop the Steelers ground game.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
This game is already over.  Colts still need 2 touchdowns and that aint gonna happen with them totally unable to stop the Steelers ground game.

Actually it's still a 2 score game if they get a FG + a TD(2pt conversion). Game's not over, but it was slipping away and it probably would've been if Peyton didn't go for it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
He was mine.  He was the freaking man at UCLA (the only team in LA that I like) and I was so excited when we drafted him.

I was pissed when the Bears took him. McClown was another bum ass overrated PAC 10 QB who made a lot of money by tearing up pathetic PAC 10 defenses.

Oh, and let me reiterate what I said earlier. DALLAS CLARK IS THE MAN.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
I was pissed when the Bears took him.  McClown was another bum ass overrated PAC 10 QB who made a lot of money by tearing up pathetic PAC 10 defenses.

Oh, and let me reiterate what I said earlier.  DALLAS CLARK IS THE MAN.

Ya, Carson Palmer was over-rated too. Same with Brunell. Quite a few good pro's have came from the Pac 10, especially at the QB position.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Ya, Carson Palmer was over-rated too.  Same with Brunell.  Quite a few good pro's have came from the Pac 10, especially at the QB position.

Of course a lot of good QB's have come out of there. But I'd say more often than not, they turn out busts.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Ya, Carson Palmer was over-rated too.  Same with Brunell.  Quite a few good pro's have came from the Pac 10, especially at the QB position.

I dont think Carson Palmer is overrated. That game ends totally different if he doesn't get his knee rolled on the 1st series.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Well this just got slightly more interesting. Dungy has always been conservative, and I'm sure he trusts Manning's decisions with regard to the offense. Television probably made that look like a lot bigger deal than it was on the sidelines.

Yeah the announcers probably did, but you could hear the crowd boo and then cheer right after Manning was sending them back.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
I dont think Carson Palmer is overrated.  That game ends totally different if he doesn't get his knee rolled on the 1st series.

No, he was saying the Pac 10 doesn't develop QB's and I was saying Palmer is damn good and he ain't over-rated.

John Elway (stanford). There have been some damn good signal callers to come out of the Pac 10.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
No, he was saying the Pac 10 doesn't develop QB's and I was saying Palmer is damn good and he ain't over-rated. 

John Elway (stanford).  There have been some damn good signal callers to come out of the Pac 10.

Oh ok, I misunderstood.

:D