Official NFL General Discussion Thread

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
I'm not going to go find it, but when one week this year when the bears lost and the colts won, after bears fans were flipping out, you put in italics "a great day all around"

Also, the "who would win" thread between the bears and colts that you created...

Heads created that thread. I never said anything about the Bears, but I wonder where I got that line from....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
Just referencing the talk between Bears and Colts fans in general...Colts fans feeling like they are 'the' team, etc.

I think it was more Heads and that dam6924309 guy. Heads said somethin along the lines of "bring on Pittsburgh, New England I don't care we'll mess 'em up."

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)
I think it was more Heads and that dam6924309 guy.  Heads said somethin along the lines of "bring on Pittsburgh, New England I don't care we'll mess 'em up."

I was careful about my words all year. People were saying the Colts were going 19-0 after we beat you guys.

I didn't get into the hype of the undefeated season. I kept to the line that I don't care about that, and I just care about the Super Bowl. I never got cocky about the Colts this year.

I said we were either going to beat the spread today, or we were going to lose.

The Colts are the Atlanta Braves of the NFL.

I've learned my lesson after the last two winters.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
Can't speak for most Bears fans, but I absolutely despise Peyton Manning.  He's by far the player I hate the most in the NFL and is actually the player I hate most in professional sports.  So I take joy when he loses, especially in the playoffs.

It has nothing to do with the Colts with me.  Now I am rooting for the Bears to come out and smack the Panthers in the 2nd half and get this game back.

Me too. Did you hear his comments after the game?

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
Yeah, not the best way to end your last media outing for the season, I'm sure the OL is thrilled.

Exactly, but it's never his fault on anything. "I'm not going to point out positions but I could've had some more blocking help." I know those weren't his exact words, but that's somewhat close.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
"I'm not going to point out positions but I could've had some more blocking help." That's close to what he said.

What a prick. I was laughing at how he kept blaming his Wr's early in the game. You could tell Manning was shaken and he wasn't able to set his feet and he would blame his Wr's for bad passes.

Maybe more people can see that he's a little baby.

Well my allegiance turns to the NFC and my 2nd favorite team in the NFL...the Bronco's. Hope they can win.

Regardless I'm rooting for the winner in the AFC. I like Big Ben and I like Shanny and the Bronco's.

Could give a damn about Seattle or Carolina.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
Well my allegiance turns to the NFC and my 2nd favorite team in the NFL...the Bronco's.  Hope they can win.

Regardless I'm rooting for the winner in the AFC.  I like Big Ben and I like Shanny and the Bronco's.

Could give a damn about Seattle or Carolina.

I personally dont give a crap anymore. If I had to pick a winner right now Id say the Steelers are looking REALLY good right now.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Yep, Peyton called out his entire offensive line.  Haha, what a great team player he is.  He will never admit that he is just a big game choker.

Feel better now?

FWIW, here's the quote:

"I'm looking for a safe word here, I don't want to be a bad teammate, Pittsburgh gave us trouble and put us in some situations we're not usually in."

Blown out of proportion much?

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
Yep, Peyton called out his entire offensive line.  Haha, what a great team player he is.  He will never admit that he is just a big game choker.

Well his O-Line sucked today big time, their timing looked off, especially in the first 3 quarters, they didn't give the ball to Edge enough, and their defense was tired because of their lack of offense. I think their window is closing.

Feel better now? 

FWIW, here's the quote:

"I'm looking for a safe word here, I don't want to be a bad teammate, Pittsburgh gave us trouble and put us in some situations we're not usually in."

Blown out of proportion much?

Not quite. Watch the video and you will see how smug he was about it, trying to take any blame off himself.

Still don't see anything wrong with the quote. True leaders need to speak up and say what's what. I'm one of those guys who are sick of political correctness as well.

True leaders my butt, true leaders know when the close their mouth and keep it inside the locker room. Let the coaches blast your fellow players when deserved. Any buffoon can run their mouth to the press ala Terrell Owens, and it never has done any good. Pittsburgh didn't put an abnormal amount of pressure on Indy, its been the same all season long, 6-7 are coming after the QB 75% of the time. This was the quote I was speaking of anyways...

"we had protection problems"

Oh poor Peyton, only had a QB rating of 103.395 for the game with "protection problems". He must be superman. Peyton was sacked 11.6% of his passing opportunities, Ben was sacked 7.7% of the time including 4 screen plays where a sack is almost impossible, both QB's were harrassed all game long. Ben ended up with a huge welt on his throwing arm from Mathis and Freeney, and apparently Peyton ended up with a sore vagina.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
True leaders my butt, true leaders know when the close their mouth and keep it inside the locker room. Let the coaches blast your fellow players when deserved. Any buffoon can run their mouth to the press ala Terrell Owens, and it never has done any good. Pittsburgh didn't put an abnormal amount of pressure on Indy, its been the same all season long, 6-7 are coming after the QB 75% of the time. This was the quote I was speaking of anyways...

"we had protection problems"

Oh poor Peyton, only had a QB rating of 103.395 for the game with "protection problems". He must be superman. Peyton was sacked 11.6% of his passing opportunities, Ben was sacked 7.7% of the time including 4 screen plays where a sack is almost impossible, both QB's were harrassed all game long. Ben ended up with a huge welt on his throwing arm from Mathis and Freeney, and apparently Peyton ended up with a sore vagina.

Peyton also looked completely lost for an entire half. And he was screaming at his WR's when it was his own damn fault.