Official NFL General Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
actually i do, they want close games so more people watch later into the game, so they can make more money from advertising.  The league is a business and they want to make as much as they can out of it

So what do you suppose happen when the referee threw the flag for a possible blocking foul on the Smith punt return? Did one of the refs tell another, "Dammit Rick, did you forget NFL wants us to keep this game close?! Reverse your call!"

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 03:03 AM)
So what do you suppose happen when the referee threw the flag for a possible blocking foul on the Smith punt return? Did one of the refs tell another, "Dammit Rick, did you forget NFL wants us to keep this game close?! Reverse your call!"

i dont think that's what happened at all, and had smith been tackeled for a short return the flag would have stood, but since he scored the officials picked up the flag making the game competitive once again, which i believe the nfl tells the referees to do. in other words they tell them to "keep the game as close as you can"

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
and my point was every team for the last 15 years teams have done it so i guess you missed it

Oh, so the Seahawks are a progressive organization committed to breaking old "worn out" traditions of a bygone era? In that case, I tip my cap to the Seahawks for taking pause during their moment of jubilation having just won their first conference title in franchise history. Such an occurrence might certainly be a time a lesser team might decide to fall back on old ways and commit this senseless act of head coach drenching. Thank you for clearing that up.

Gatorade500_1224.jpg

Or maybe they just forgot... (photo dated 12/24/05, note the visible smiles on a number of teammates' faces suggesting Tobeck did not act alone)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
Oh yeah, Dick Jauron is going to be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills.

As a Bills fan...let me be the first on this page to say...

GOD BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP ING BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP SON OF A BLEEP BLEEP ITY BLEEP OF ALL THE MORONIC BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP WITH A PILE OF STINKING, WET, FRESH BAT BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP.

Well...Belichek was a total failure in 1 city before he got to New England...so I can always think very very wishfully...but BLEEP BLEEP.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
actually i do, they want close games so more people watch later into the game, so they can make more money from advertising.  The league is a business and they want to make as much as they can out of it

No way that is going on, itwould be WAY to dangerous for a successful league like the NFL to do. I doubt they could keep it a secret, piss of a few officials and they would tell their story and totally screw the NFL. There is no reason to fix games in the NFL for ratings, they are already very high (NFL TV contracts are HUGE). This whole idea that games are fixed is very silly.

Today's game pisses me off like no other. I pretty much knew as long as Alexander was alive, Seattle would whoop Carolina. The thing that pisses me off is that the Bears defense is superior to Carolina's yet our s***ty ass coaching staff (good ole Rivera was busy looking for a job during the bye week; he doesn't deserve to be a head coach just yet) decided they were better than preparing for a team.

Stupid ass coaching staff. We should have not only beat Carolina, but beat them good.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
just watching fox sports net, they said the steelers offensive coordinator probably will get the raiders job but believe it or not Jon Shoop will get an interview.

God I hope he winds up there...just so Jauron can't hire him in Buffalo.