The Bears have found their future QB

QUOTE(Spiff @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
Orton's rating was 52.8, I don't know why people are getting so excited.

because the last guy who was the starter posted a 0.0 rating in the pre-season. 52.8 is pretty exciting considering THAT alternative.

My thought on this is that Orton is going to have a good season...for a rookie. That could mean alot of different things, the most important thing being that orton has a full year of experience. if Orton makes it through the season, then he has 10 more games under his belt than Grossman.

Saying Grossman is signed through next year really means nothing. The bears can cut him, and its a small hit on the cap. Grossman is in a bad career situation now, but there have been many QBs who have gone through the league known as injury prone guys and have done fine(Chandler and McNair come to mind). I do feel that Grossman could take away the starting position next year(provided Orton doesnt take the Bears to the playoffs), but I dont think it will be an open competition. I think Grossman is literally going to have to TAKE it away from orton.

but competition for the number 1 QB is a good thing. Jerry Angelo just doesnt agree with it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
He was sacked less than twice a game when he started last year, and we led the NFL in rushing, so the O line couldnt have been that bad.  And who is to say Turner is that much better of a Coordinator?  We have no sample size to confirm that, other than the fact that we have no running game.  Grossman doesnt deserve anything.  They gave him the starting role, didnt bring in a capable backup because they didnt want to "harm" his confidence, and he has done nothing but let the bears down.  He is done as a starter with this team.

You are aware this is Turner's second installment as Chicago Bears OC, right?

I do agree with the rest of the post, however.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
then you realize that there is a rather large sample size then. He was OC/QB coach for 4 years.

yes I realize that, but to compare the two, we have no sampe size. This is a different team than the other Turner had before. And Shea never really had a QB after the 3rd game. All of the ones he used were cut this year. Im just sayin...I think turner is way better.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Yep, and you know opposing defences are just going to double Muhammed, and blitz all day long, and dare Orton to make a big play.

The fact is, the Bears only scored 7 points. No matter what defense they're playing against, that's really gotta improve and stat.

To be fair no team blitzes more than the redskins with the exception of the eagles maybe...I still say next season its going to be an open competition between the 2 and I dont care which one wins because whoever loses will be a capable backup and Jeff Blake is a good QB for your 3rd string.