JOE COWLEY RIPS kw TO SHREDS!!!..PLAYERS TOO

baggio202

I'm just going to say that sources aren't right 100% of the time. I trust what Steff and HSC told us. No, this may not happen, but it isn't because of them. They aren't sitting there making up crap trying to get attention, they heard something and told us.

I thank them for that. Think, sources said we had Erstad but something nixed it. Things can change, they heard something and told us. The time period may of been a bit off, but somethings can get done slowly. A manager going is something that usually happens quick, when it comes to a gm, its not as much of a time issue, because he really doesn't have much of a day to day aspect on the organization; Not like a manager. The GM puts the team out there and since your not shifting the team every day, you can be a little more "lax" in this issue.

I hope that Steff and Michelle give us more info in the future, say around the trade deadlinge ;)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clu .....were you  not warned before in another thread that jr was afraid the race thing would come out???? its only the begining........... :rolleyes:  and its the only first cause of attack they have.........dont pay attention to the crap job he does just what color his skin is...........

Look I am new to this site, but have read you on others. So let me get this straight, JR can hire a black man but can't fire a black man? If that is the case why hire a black man? Seems pointless unless you think that man will be there forever. Who is running this team anyway. Seems like the the blackman is running the owners. Furthermore did these great thinking owners who make millions not realize they might have an issue firing a black man? Again this doesn't make sense. JR is a lawyer and I am certain that as lawyers they wouldn't back themselves into these corners. I really don't think the black communittee will come out in force to picket against the whitesox, and in addition it certainly doesn't seem like they are the defined season ticket holder anyway.

Black or White or hispanic or japanese, or Iraqi,The guy has done a s*** job, Get rid of him.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i didnt say he couldnt fire a black man i said he is leary around here about doing so because of the backlash and the reputation he has built for hiring minorities he doesnt want to take a huge hit in the press and a bigger one with jesse jackson..(ask nascar and now sec about the flack they are getting or have gotten from that asshole lately).....jr prides himself on being one of the few who are not in the "good ol boys" club.....with our wonderful pr department being what it is i would be a bit leary of s*** getting into the press too .......lol...they aint the brightest lights in the sockets..........lol..............

Hotsox, Thanks for your response. I agree he doesn't need the publicity but I guess that was my original point, if he doesn't want the pub why hire a black man to begin with. I am not trying to be racist, but if everytime you have to fire a blackman Jesse comes out of the closet it simply doesn't make sense to go there in the first place. Jesse is a blow hard and I think JR is smarter than that. JR has hired a Black manager, a black GM, black coaches, my god what does this guy need to prove. Its nuts, whoever they want to hire is who they should hire, if it doesn't work out then hire someone else. This politcal correctness is total crap. What about the dedication he has to my 4 season tickets and parking pass for 10,000. I don't care if the GM is black white or purple, get a new one NOW. The black men he has leading the team isn't working, lets try purple next, Hell I will take an alien from MARS if he or she can get the job done. Thanks for responding, keep us informed,we need change. JR got us in this mess hiring this bum now he needs to get us out of this mess.

I've heard it said that some people in positions of power in sports are leery of hiring minorities because of the hassles they encounter when they have to make a change. If Jesse Jackson and these other idiots would realize (or care) that they are more of a hindrance than a help to the minorities in this area, they might actually shut up. But, in retrospect, I really don't think they care. They just want to see their pretty mugs on TV and their names in paper.

As for Steff and HSC... I unequivocably 100% believe that they told the absolute truth as they believed it to be at the time. I also believe that they will soon be vindicated when KW is in fact, officially relieved of his GM duties. To call them liars if this doesn't happen shows just how utterly classless and moronic some people can be. Do you recognize yourself? If the shoe fits, wear it.

We fired Larry Doby as manager, Frank Robinson was fired, the Cubs have fired a black manager, it has been done enough, firing someone of color is not the problem. Whatever is holding this up is whatever is holding this up. I am wondering if the golden parachute hasn't been fully worked out yet, and I suspect nothing more.

I appreciate YASNY and Zach (as always) and Jason and everyone else who has stood up for Steff and HSC. The measure of a person is in large part seen in fidelilty to friends and the way other people are treated.

I appreciate YASNY and Zach (as always) and Jason and everyone else who has stood up for Steff and HSC.  The measure of a person is in large part seen in fidelilty to friends and the way other people are treated.

Thanks cw.

By the way.. for those of you that were in chat Saturday night, the boxes were his daughters stuff from college.

Steff,

Anything new on the KW-JM-GW front?

How often do you get your info from your sources?

I can call them whenever I want I guess. I so just do not even care anymore. But if I hear anything I will post it.

How long has KW & JM been at the helm? I think in Chicago more so than other baseball cities it's a politically sensitive issue to fire a highly publicized minority hiring. I think KW took over in 2K1, so firing him after 2 yrs might be dicey. Getting him to resign for personal reasons would be much better.

Not unlike the recent Krause firing .. er .. resignation.

:bang

I'm sorry. Revealing sources seems to have become an issue here lately.  A current Sox employee, 1 current player, 2 former players, and one broadcaster.

It's too bad you get raked over the coals about this. You have credibility with me as does HSC, as do many many here who post on prospects, trades, etc.

Sorry I haven't been more vocal defending you guys, very busy with the move and all. Most of our stuff is on a van somewhere in North America and the rest is in the car. By the way, while I haven't been posting much the Sox seem to be melting down. It's literally making me ill. At my age I should be more mature, but I guess not. Anyway, there are lots of posters here with lots of credibility on a variety of subjects, you can pretty much post in your own personal style and the fights in general are not as vicious as they are on most other boards be they baseball or whatever. There are some great posters at WSI and MLB, never had problem one with the mods at WSI. I still prefer here. Don't slam Steff or HSC, research their posts and use your head. I, for one look forward to what they have to say.

Sorry I haven't been more vocal defending you guys, very busy with the move and all. Most of our stuff is on a van somewhere in North America and the rest is in the car. By the way, while I haven't been posting much the Sox seem to be melting down. It's literally making me ill. At my age I should be more mature, but I guess not. Anyway, there are lots of posters here with lots of credibility on a variety of subjects, you can pretty much post in your own personal style and the fights in general are not as vicious as they are on most other boards be they baseball or whatever. There are some great posters at WSI and MLB, never had problem one with the mods at WSI. I still prefer here. Don't slam Steff or HSC, research their  posts and use your head. I, for one look forward to what they have to say.

SI.. who moved you..?? Did you know I work for Bekins??

As for the rest of your post.. thanks. I appreciate it.

:cheers

A subsidiary of Mayflower. They took our stuff on May 9 and we don't get it delivered until May 16 or 17. Is this normal????? Wish I actually "knew" you, maybe you could have helped us wade through this. I always moved myself in the past. Didn't know you worked for Bekins, thought you might have worked for some financial services firm or brokerage house.

A subsidiary of Mayflower. They took our stuff on May 9 and we don't get it delivered until May 16 or 17. Is this normal????? Wish I actually "knew" you, maybe you could have helped us wade through this. I always moved myself in the past. Didn't know you worked for Bekins, thought you might have worked for some financial services firm or brokerage house.

I am the finacial analyst, so I can't do much with moves, but Jim is the COO and had helped many of our friends. Did everything get there OK?