Lineups for this week

Hermanson32

In everyone's opinion, does Ozzie need to do what the Angels did to us this weekend and basically put out the same lineup everyday to start beating teams. This being his A-lineup. Or should Ozzie shake it up a bit and play some different people every day?

My lineup opinion for entire week

LF Pods

2B Gooch

DH Everett

1B Konerko

CF Rowand

RF Dye

C AJ

SS Uribe

3B Crede/Ozuna

I think the only interchangeable guys should be Crede and Ozuna.

QUOTE(Hermanson32 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 06:56 AM)
In everyone's opinion, does Ozzie need to do what the Angels did to us this weekend and basically put out the same lineup everyday to start beating teams. This being his A-lineup. Or should Ozzie shake it up a bit and play some different people every day?

My lineup opinion for entire week

LF Pods

2B Gooch

DH Everett

1B Konerko

CF Rowand

RF Dye

C AJ

SS Uribe

3B Crede/Ozuna

I think the only interchangeable guys should be Crede and Ozuna.

What you are suggesting makes WAY TO MUCH SENSE. I look for Ozzito have Timo leading off Tuesday with Blum at Third to continue the further downward spiral. Personally, I like the idea of playing all of the September call ups.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Pods

Rowand

Iguchi

Konerko

Uribe

DH

Dye

Pierzynski

Crede

And no sacrificing guys over to second base when they're on first with no outs for the first 6 innings.

I agree.

Try some hit-and-running or straight steals.

Save the situational baseball for late-inning game situations.

However, I have NO problem with bunting a runner from 2nd to 3rd with 0 outs at any point in the game. Sounds weird, I know, but I'm OK with setting up the sac fly anytime. This team hits LOTS of flyballs, might as well make one count.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
I see no reason to play Carl, none at all.  He has bottomed out this month, and looks damn near lost from the left side of the plate.

I agree. Him and, probably, AJ need the days off more than anyone.

Everett needs to learn to go the other more. You don't have to try for a homer every f***ing at bat! When he's batting LH, those low, inside pitches are murder on him anyway. I believe he was 0-for-11 in the series.

As for rest of the lineup, Crede just got back so he'll be playing. IF we clinch the division that's when rest will be coming.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
I see no reason to play Carl, none at all.  He has bottomed out this month, and looks damn near lost from the left side of the plate.

I agree 100% about Everett depite Hawk salivating over his clutch hitting. But who do we DH then, much like most people on this board, everybody in the organization seems to hate Gload. Ozuna might not be a bad choice. Borchard and Anderson are stuck on the end of the bench as defensive replacements. They are just like the scrolling background in a Flintstone's cartoon to Ozzie.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
Why not DH Pods for a few days a week and rotate Anderson and Borchard into LF?  Its gets Pods a little more rest on his weary legs, and it gives us a chance to see the kids play.

Actually, I think DH'ing Pods is a great idea, though he might have to adjust to the role. I would rather have Borchard, Anderson, or even Ozuna than watch Everett stumbling around out there.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
I agree 100% about Everett depite Hawk salivating over his clutch hitting.  But who do we DH then, much like most people on this board, everybody in the organization seems to hate Gload.  Ozuna might not be a bad choice.  Borchard and Anderson are stuck on the end of the bench as defensive replacements.  They are just like the scrolling background in a Flintstone's cartoon to Ozzie.

Kong DH, Gload 1B or vice versa. I feel more comfortable with Gload taking hacks than Carl at this point, and KOng showed the he can hit as a DH.

How about we stick with the guys that have gotten us here rather than f***ing around? There should be no more than 1 bench player in the starting lineup at one time until we get this rapped up. If we see Ozzie trot out Timo along with Widger and Blum in the 3rd game of the remaining series', I'm gonna flip out...

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
How about we stick with the guys that have gotten us here rather than f***ing around?  There should be no more than 1 bench player in the starting lineup at one time until we get this rapped up.  If we see Ozzie trot out Timo along with Widger and Blum in the 3rd game of the remaining series', I'm gonna flip out...

So...you plan on flipping out thursday? you know this s*** will come again.