Sitting Squarely on the fence

Harry Chappas

We got swept by the Angels, I can live with that. Not good but we are still on pace to win 97 games, with 20 left.

We play the Royals, Cleveland plays Oakland. This looks nice. We play the Twins while Cleveland is playing the Red Sox, I beleive. Twins look to have packed it in and we have 6 left with them.

All of these things point to a nice week ahead.

Maybe.

Ozzie needs to leave town to get away from the City of Chicago??? Doesn't the entire team leave for a week tomorrow? Who are these folks beating him down, the (softball question) reporters? Do the fans get to sit down and chat with him? Who is he getting away from??? Sounds like the 2004 cubs if you ask me now we just need to get rid of some broadcasters.

I was fine with the state of affairs until I realized (I saw no baseball all weekend, Sox included until last night) that a Twins starter did not make it through the 5th??? Sanatana was beat? Maybe the schedule is not as favorable.

We need to hit, it is that simple and we need to change up a couple of things. This is where the manager needs to see what he has and go from there. This is where Ozzie needs to lead, and he is off to Miami.......maybe he will chat with Nick Saben, remember him a leader the Bears could not use. I gotta get away from the city of Chicago.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
I had no problem with Ozzie saying he needed to get away.    Besides, I thought most people on this board loved his brutal honesty....or is the only when the team is winning?  Interesting.

I love the Ozz...but he needs to quit giving so much love to El Pukee. The guy doesn't have it this year. McCarthy should get a chance to make the 4 man playoff rotation.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 07:03 AM)
We got swept by the Angels, I can live with that.  Not good but we are still on pace to win 97 games, with 20 left.

We play the Royals, Cleveland plays Oakland.  This looks nice.  We play the Twins while Cleveland is playing the Red Sox, I beleive.  Twins look to have packed it in and we have 6 left with them.

All of these things point to a nice week ahead.

Maybe.

Ozzie needs to leave town to get away from the City of Chicago???  Doesn't the entire team leave for a week tomorrow?  Who are these folks beating him down, the (softball question) reporters?  Do the fans get to sit down and chat with him?  Who is he getting away from???  Sounds like the 2004 cubs if you ask me now we just need to get rid of some broadcasters.

I was fine with the state of affairs until I realized (I saw no baseball all weekend, Sox included until last night) that a Twins starter did not make it through the 5th???  Sanatana was beat?  Maybe the schedule is not as favorable.

We need to hit, it is that simple and we need to change up a couple of things.  This is where the manager needs to see what he has and go from there.  This is where Ozzie needs to lead, and he is off to Miami.......maybe he will chat with Nick Saben, remember him a leader the Bears could not use.  I gotta get away from the city of Chicago.

Nice schedule or not, easy team or hard team, the Sox are going to have to do one thing, play winning baseball. They don't do that and you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. Pitching has been really up and down...guys have a brilliant start than go right back the next start and get litup. Offense has been the same and in the Angels series it was pretty bad.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS SPLIT WITH CLEVELAND !

I say if Ozzie plays the Cleveland series as though it were the playoffs, then we would win and it would be a good test.

The question is with the way Cleveland has been playing and the poor pitching and hitting we have received, can we split with Cleveland?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
I love the Ozz...but he needs to quit giving so much love to El Pukee.  The guy doesn't have it this year.  McCarthy should get a chance to make the 4 man playoff rotation.

B Mac in the playoff rotation? No way. All this time, I thought people just wanted B Mac to get all of Duque's remaining starts before the playoffs.

Duque and B Mac will be in the pen for the playoffs.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 08:38 AM)
CLE doesn't play Boston at all their schedule shakes out like this the rest of the way 7 KC, 6 CHW, 3 OAK, 3 TB

I bolded what I feel is all the tribe really needs to be concerned with. I don't care how well the tribe is playing: the sox have owned them this season.

Or here's a novel idea: just win and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
B Mac in the playoff rotation? No way. All this time, I thought people just wanted B Mac to get all of Duque's remaining starts before the playoffs.

I think I went a little overboard with that...but if you asked me who I want to pitch a must win game, right now, I'd pick him or the Count....

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)

Well Willie or Gload is going to be on the post-season roster cause the Sox won't be carrying 12 pitchers. That means one of Bmac/Duque won't make the playoff roster.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Well Willie or Gload is going to be on the post-season roster cause the Sox won't be carrying 12 pitchers.  That means one of Bmac/Duque won't make the playoff roster.

That's fine with me. Duque should be no where near a post-season roster. He pitched in it once last season? But has been pretty much mediocre since 2000. Who cares if McCarthy is just a kid. Put him on it.

But we all know Ozzie "it's all about respect" :headshake

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
You have to be nuts to think Ozzie will leave Duque off the postseason roster (if he doesn't blow our chance to make it before then).

I know he's going to be on there. But one can only dream. That is IF we even get to the postseason.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
I know he's going to be on there.  But one can only dream.  That is IF we even get to the postseason.

You and I share a common belief about things right now. This team has to make the playoffs before any postseason roster moves should be even considered. Of course, some of us have been saying this for 2 months now. Lets just win!!!

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Ozzie needs to leave town to get away from the City of Chicago???  Doesn't the entire team leave for a week tomorrow?  Who are these folks beating him down, the (softball question) reporters?  Do the fans get to sit down and chat with him?  Who is he getting away from???  Sounds like the 2004 cubs if you ask me now we just need to get rid of some broadcasters.

I was fine with the state of affairs until I realized (I saw no baseball all weekend, Sox included until last night) that a Twins starter did not make it through the 5th???  Sanatana was beat?  Maybe the schedule is not as favorable.

We need to hit, it is that simple and we need to change up a couple of things.  This is where the manager needs to see what he has and go from there.  This is where Ozzie needs to lead, and he is off to Miami.......maybe he will chat with Nick Saben, remember him a leader the Bears could not use.  I gotta get away from the city of Chicago.

I can relate. I had to get away from Soxtalk for a few days.

Edited by YASNY