KW

KipWellsFan

Guest hotsoxchick1

whoever wrote that list obviously is not one of two things....1. a minority and 2. a miniority who has worked for kenny williams before... if they were or had then he wouldnt even be on that list......... :D

I think all Magic has influenced in the last 5 years is AIDS rates...

Was that supposed to be funny? :huh:

If you can't think of anything better to say than that to try and coax a laugh out of us, please refrain from trying in the future.

Magic Johnson has done a lot for inner-city children, and by all accounts is an extremely kind human being. When he announced that he had HIV, everyone thought he would be dead by now. That's because in 1991, the general population had a SEVERE lack of knowledge about HIV and AIDS. Magic's announcement raised awareness about this disease, and probably made millions take the necessary precautions to prevent contracting it.

:fyou for trying to make a joke at the expense of a good man like the Magic man.

If you can't think of anything better to say than that to try and coax a laugh out of us, please refrain from trying in the future.

Magic Johnson has done a lot for inner-city children, and by all accounts is an extremely kind human being.  When he announced that he had HIV, everyone thought he would be dead by now.  That's because in 1991, the general population had a SEVERE lack of knowledge about HIV and AIDS.  Magic's announcement raised awareness about this disease, and probably made millions take the necessary precautions to prevent contracting it.

:fyou for trying to make a joke at the expense of a good man like the Magic man.

Hey speaking of this, how has Magic lived so long? Does anyone know?

Is it possible to fire Williams, Manuel, and Ward simultaneously?

Sure.

We could also fire Kimm, Santana, Cooper, bullpen coaches, our trainers, and anyone else you can think of.

It's not at all practical to get rid of too many at once, but of course it can be done.

Magic Johnson has done a lot for inner-city children, and by all accounts is an extremely kind human being.  When he announced that he had HIV, everyone thought he would be dead by now.  That's because in 1991, the general population had a SEVERE lack of knowledge about HIV and AIDS.  Magic's announcement raised awareness about this disease, and probably made millions take the necessary precautions to prevent contracting it.

Simple -- he was able to afford the best medication from the very beginning. In 1991, the drugs that he was using was top of the line, and was far too expensive for your average HIV infected person to buy.

Nowadays, the medicine has dropped drastically in price, so it's becoming a much more survive-able virus. But, back in the day, most couldn't afford the medicine that was most effective, so as a consequence a lot of people died.

Magic's level of HIV/AIDS is undetectable in blood tests. So, for all intents and purposes, he doesn't have it.

Was that supposed to be funny?   :huh:

Simple -- he was able to afford the best medication from the very beginning. In 1991, the drugs that he was using was top of the line, and was far too expensive for your average HIV infected person to buy.

Nowadays, the medicine has dropped drastically in price, so it's becoming a much more survive-able virus. But, back in the day, most couldn't afford the medicine that was most effective, so as a consequence a lot of people died.

Magic's level of HIV/AIDS is undetectable in blood tests. So, for all intents and purposes, he doesn't have it.

So basically, he bought his life. I am happy for him, but what about all the millions of others, who have or had the disease, and couldnt afford the cure?

So basically, he bought his life. I am happy for him, but what about all the millions of others, who have or had the disease, and couldnt afford the cure?

Well, if you want to call it "buying" his life, then I suppose he did. I'd rather call it "saving" his life.

People "buy" their lives everyday with organ transplants, heart medication, etc. It's nothing that most anyone wouldn't do when faced with a life-threatening situation.

And yes, it sucks that tens of thousands have to suffer through illnesses that are easily survived. There's not 1 disease/illness that hasn't been survived by someone, but most times a person isn't given a chance to due to financial restrictions. It's a sad but true fact of life -- survival of the most financially fit.

Well, if you want to call it "buying" his life, then I suppose he did. I'd rather call it "saving" his life.

People "buy" their lives everyday with organ transplants, heart medication, etc. It's nothing that most anyone wouldn't do when faced with a life-threatening situation.

And yes, it sucks that tens of thousands have to suffer through illnesses that are easily survived. There's not 1 disease/illness that hasn't been survived by someone, but most times a person isn't given a chance to due to financial restrictions. It's a sad but true fact of life -- survival of the most financially fit.

:angry:

I thought you were a huge KW backer there Chisoxfn?  :huh:

Oh I am. But like I say if he's calling the shots and doing those type of things in regards to the manager then I don't want him around.. Plus he's only going to be getting a demotion, we'll still have his scouting expertise in the organization and as long as he's doing things with the minor league system I'm happy.