Konerko to be an Angel?

Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
The Sox won't be able to match the offer because their fans don't support them.

Wow...you really want to get that message out today. Job well done.

And these people here support the team, love the team, and deserve a good team...sure we get mad, sad, scared with the way things are going...but the love and support continues.

I would like to say a few choice words, but I don't want to get banned. Most of the words are 4 letter and involve an attack on you.

Edited by tonyho7476

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew!...If that wasn't the second coming of 'War and Peace.' I cover the Angels in the spring for the Associated Press (Los Angeles). If the Angels want Konerko, they will get him. The Sox won't be able to match the offer because their fans don't support them. Also, expect Garland to be dealt at the end of this season.The Sox won't give him the $10 million or so he'll get per season as a result of arbitration. Heck, he's only had half of one good season.

LMAO, Garland will get nowhere near $10M in arbitration, they don't just look at the half a good season he had they look at his career numbers when arbitration cases are heard.

And as for "the fans don't support them" BULL f***ING s***. The Sox have already drawn over 2 million people this year, how is that not supporting a team? If the Sox want to resign Konerko they will, they have the money to do it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
LMAO, Garland will get nowhere near $10M in arbitration, they don't just look at the half a good season he had they look at his career numbers when arbitration cases are heard.

And as for "the fans don't support them" BULL f***ING s***. The Sox have already drawn over 2 million people this year, how is that not supporting a team? If the Sox want to resign Konerko they will, they have the money to do it.

That's right Kalapse. Don't arbiters look at 3 year splits when deciding cases?

Whew!...If that wasn't the second coming of 'War and Peace.' I cover the Angels in the spring for the Associated Press (Los Angeles). If the Angels want Konerko, they will get him. The Sox won't be able to match the offer because their fans don't support them. Also, expect Garland to be dealt at the end of this season.The Sox won't give him the $10 million or so he'll get per season as a result of arbitration. Heck, he's only had half of one good season.

Fans dont support them huh? Been reading the cubune much. This is our best attendance in over 10 years I believe. Shows what little knowledge you have. Confirmed my belief about how educated memebers of the AP are.

Kong will resign here for a discount anyway, so if it is a numbers game, we will win.

Yes, yes they do. He'll end up with $6M - $7M in arbitration if he doesn't get a long term contract from the Sox.

Believe me, I wish the fans would support this team better. I always go to the games when I'm in town, as I did twice this past week and I have to either drive an hour or take the train for an hour and a half.

But, look at how the Yankees, Red Sox and Angels draw. And, also, look at their rating numbers on TV as compared to the Sox's.

Besides, Konerko isn't worth $10 mil per season. Garland isn't worth whatever it is he will be given in arbitration. Look for the Sox working a deal for Chad Tracey from Arizona.

Wow...you really want to get that message out today.  Job well done.

And these people here support the team, love the team, and deserve a good team...sure we get mad, sad, scared with the way things are going...but the love and support continues.

I would like to say a few choice words, but I don't want to get banned.  Most of the words are 4 letter and involve an attack on you.

Aww..did ya get your feelings hurt a bit with my post?

Those crowds this past week were AWFUL!

I was around during the 1977 season and those were fans!

I'm not ripping you guys or Sox fans in general. I'm ripping the city for not supporting such a good team! This club deserves 30,000 each night for what they've accomplished this season. Even the players admitted that they've come out flat because of the enormous amount of blue seats visible to them.

By the way, I could handle any "four-letter" words you could throw out, either on here or in person. So, let 'em fly.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
Tex, you had me until I saw #35 in there.  Unless the Sox trade for someone and let them use #35 (which I'd throw up at) than having Frank in the cleanup spot is not an option.  That means this team basically did the status quo and made no changes on offense.  Its obvious that ever year you try to upgrade and the offense needs an upgrade.

I'm telling you, find one legitimate middle of the order or 3 hole hitter (finding both would be nice) and keeping Paulie and than you have yourself a pretty darn good offense, imo.  Remember, when I talk about hitters, only the DH can suck at defense.  So if Aubrey Huff is added, he's playing 1st or DH same can be said for Chad Tracy (unless its an ocassional 3rd or LF or something).  The Sox can not replace Crede with some hack at 3rd base.  When you build your team on pitching, when you make a move to your lineup, you need to make sure your not downgrading the defense (especially up the middle).

Aubrey huff's ops over the last four years...

2002= .884.

2003= .922.

2004= .853.

2005= .740.

Huff has declined the last two years signifigantly. He is doing so in a time period when most players hit their primes (28-32). He is currently 28 and will be turning 29 in december.

Bacially, huff is a younger but more expensive version of out current number three hitter, carl everett. If it was up to me neither would be on the sox next year, especially as one of our big offensive weapons. Neither huff, everett, or tracy our three holes hitters in my opinion. The way they are currently hitting everett and huff are best suited sixth and tracy fifth.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)

2002= .884.

2003= .922.

2004= .853.

2005= .740.

Huff has declined the last two years signifigantly. He is doing so in a time period when most players hit their primes (28-32). He is currently 28 and will be turning 29 in december.

Bacially, huff is a younger but more expensive version of out current number three hitter, carl everett. If it was up to me neither would be on the sox next year, especially as one of our big offensive weapons. Neither huff, everett, or tracy our three holes hitters in my opinion. The way they are currently hitting everett and huff are best suited sixth and tracy fifth.

Who would you like to see the Sox pick up for that 3 hole?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 06:38 AM)

2002= .884.

2003= .922.

2004= .853.

2005= .740.

Who do you suggest we puruse Qwerty? Any realistic ideas? Just wondering your thoughts on the subject.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)

I would like to see someone traded for... because quite frankly this years free agent crop is one of the worst in a while. Offensively, next off-season, not this one coming up... the crop is loaded. Put it this way, the 20th best hitter two years from now will be a better deal than the prize of this years, ( nomar).

I feel the sox will pick-up everett's or possibly renegotiate with the sox and i feel konerko will not be on the white sox next spring. I just foresee something s***ty happening ( to a lesser extent of maggs).

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:48 AM)
I would like to see someone traded for... because quite frankly this years free agent crop is one of the worst in a while. Offensively, next off-season, not this one coming up... the crop is loaded. Put it this way, the 20th best hitter two years from now will be a better deal than the prize of this years, ( nomar).

I feel the sox will pick-up everett's or possibly renegotiate with the sox and i feel konerko will not be on the white sox next spring. I just foresee something s***ty happening ( to a lesser extent of maggs).

You shot down other people's suggestions. Tell who you'd like the Sox to pick up that would be a realistic possibility.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Are you going to throw a name out there or keep avoiding the question?

Was answered in another thread... and i believe i said i am not really sure what the sox should do at this point. BUT huff is not a good option and either is everett. Which is very, very truthful. Sub .800 ops for three hole hitter is ridiculous.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
Was answered in another thread... and i believe i said i am not really sure what the sox should do at this point. BUT huff is not a good option and either is everett. Which is very, very truthful. Sub .800 ops for three hole hitter is ridiculous.

Way to stick your neck out there qwerty. I'm impressed. :headshake

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
Way to stick your neck out there qwerty.  I'm impressed. :headshake

What you are talking about. I never bashed jason and i never claimed to have all the answers. I simply said everett and huff are not good options to bat third. If you or others cannot see that for yourselves i do not know what to tell you. Please show me where i said i have an almighty plan for the off-season at this point? When i have something to say i say it... i don't play games and leave people in ''suspense''.

I am not understanding you tonight... because i clearly said nothing out of line.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
What you are talking about. I never bashed jason and i never claimed to have all the answers. I simply said everett and huff are not good options to bat third. If you or others cannot see that for yourselves i do not know what to tell you. Please show me where i said i have an almighty plan for the off-season at this point? When i have something to say i say it... i don't play games and leave people in ''suspense''. 

I am not understanding you tonight... because i clearly said nothing out of line.

I never accused you of bashing anyone. You did criticize their ideas, yet never presented one of your own. Maybe I jumped on you a bit prematurely here, even though my original request was just to start a topic of conversation. It sure seemed like you were avoiding the question. But hell, that's also your perrogative.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:43 AM)
I never accused you of bashing anyone.  You did criticize their ideas, yet never presented one of your own.  Maybe I jumped on you a bit prematurely here, even though my original request was just to start a topic of conversation.  It sure seemed like you were avoiding the question.  But hell, that's also your perrogative.

I have wanted to start a bunch of off-season threads but every time i start one i realize i have no clue what to think at this point... because quite frankly i do not think we are in quite as good of sitation next year as most people do. We already have roughly 70 million dollars locked up on just 16 players for next year. We need to first get to the playoffs and then get to the world series to clear up out payroll problems. I am just aggrivated i suppose you can say. With the s***ty free agency and the fact that even if we do have money to spend it will not be for a premiere player.

Brian giles or durazo please.... also... say no to furcal. ;)

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)

Someone already within our organization. Tadahito Iguchi. So in essence, getting a #2 hole hitter in Bill Mueller becomes a priority for me.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 03:15 AM)
Someone already within our organization. Tadahito Iguchi. So in essence, getting a #2 hole hitter in Bill Mueller becomes a priority for me.

Ooh, he throws a wrench in there...I still think Overbay is a possibility...if only Konerko played third! :bang

Pods, Mueller, Tads doesn't sound bad at all.

QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
Aww..did ya get your feelings hurt a bit with my post?

Those crowds this past week were AWFUL!

I was around during the 1977 season and those were fans!

I'm not ripping you guys or Sox fans in general. I'm ripping the city for not supporting such a good team! This club deserves 30,000 each night for what they've accomplished this season. Even the players admitted that they've come out flat because of the enormous amount of blue seats visible to them.

By the way, I could handle any "four-letter" words you could throw out, either on here or in person. So, let 'em fly.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

I think the Sox would be very smart to let Paulie walk in the off season...you can tell he has bad hips by watching him run gingerly around the bases...if it is a degenerative disorder its only going to get worse. Why tie all that money up in someone who will be in bad shape soon enough? Obviously this is just an observation on my part but I believe it has been said b4 Paulie has bad hips as well....