Roy Horn walking again

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
That's cool. Anybody know if they still have any of the wild animals at their place? Or did they clear them all out after the accident?

Is getting attacked by a tiger *really* an accident?

EARTH TO SIGFRIED AND ROY: IT'S A WILD f***ING ANIMAL!!!!!! IF IT ATTACKS YOU, DON'T BE SHOCKED. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WILD f***ING ANIMALS DO: ATTACK s***! AND IF YOU ARE THE s*** THEY ARE ATTACKING DON'T EXPECT ANY PITY FROM ME!!!!!

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)

EARTH TO SIGFRIED AND ROY: IT'S A WILD f***ING ANIMAL!!!!!! IF IT ATTACKS YOU, DON'T BE SHOCKED. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WILD f***ING ANIMALS DO: ATTACK s***! AND IF YOU ARE THE s*** THEY ARE ATTACKING DON'T EXPECT ANY PITY FROM ME!!!!!

I don't think they ever were shocked, or surprised by it. It is also their job and there are people all over the world that work with critters of this sort that get attacked, and that don't get attacked. I would say it was an "accident", especially after all the years that they did this stuff.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
I don't think they ever were shocked, or surprised by it. It is also their job and there are people all over the world that work with critters of this sort that get attacked, and that don't get attacked. I would say it was an "accident", especially after all the years that they did this stuff.

I wasn't trying to be mean to you, I am always just shake my head, though, when people play or try and tame wild animals and then are all shocked when they attack. If it's not been domesticated for at least 2,000 years I am not going to go near it. And if you do, well good luck.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)

:wub: you are soooooo cool when you rant :lolhitting I thought George Carlin or Dennis Miller joined.

And BTW, you are so correct it is amazing that it must be said. :notworthy

One thing that does amaze me, with the notoriously short Hollywood, entertainment, marriages, these two have been together a very long time. To work together, and then these past two years, these two must really love each other.

Yeah, but the Vegas boys basically said afterwards that these are wild animals and that is what they do. I don't think they ever claimed they should be domesticated. That is one of the things about these nuts, they knew they had fire at hand, and they did respect it, and even after the fact, they still respect it. Probably like some shark victims, they come away respecting the beast more. I believe the cat was put down, due to it having had the taste of blood, but I don't think they ever said that it wasn't their fault.

I also agree that the people that are shocked by it are idiots, but I don't think they were ever "shocked" any more than anybody else watching a giant cat attacking your partner of umpteen years would be shocked.

Heck, 2000 years of being domestic hasn't worked on many of the house cats I have seen!!! :P

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Yeah, but the Vegas boys basically said afterwards that these are wild animals and that is what they do. I don't think they ever claimed they should be domesticated. That is one of the things about these nuts, they knew they had fire at hand, and they did respect it, and even after the fact, they still respect it. Probably like some shark victims, they come away respecting the beast more. I believe the cat was put down, due to it having had the taste of blood, but I don't think they ever said that it wasn't their fault.

I also agree that the people that are shocked by it are idiots, but I don't think they were ever "shocked" any more than anybody else watching a giant cat attacking your partner of umpteen years would be shocked.

Heck, 2000 years of being domestic hasn't worked on many of the house cats I have seen!!!  :P

Montecore (the tiger that attacked Roy) was not put down, and still resides with Siegfried and Roy in their Secret Garden.

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/wild_cats/111218

I understand how you can say "They are wild animals you dummy!" about the shock value this attack had on S&R, but the fact is that they are not wild, yet not domesticated. these large cats are extremely pampered by S&R and those guys work with them etremely hard, but I think the problem is that they have all these instincts that they dont know what to do with, and they surface at odd and bad times. Wild, no. untrustworthy, yes.

It is strange though, that the tiger didnt really attack and maul Roy. He jumped up and grabbed him around the neck, but he didnt shake him and "make a kill" like tigers do. He literally picked Roy up and carried him off the stage, and the damage (while severe due to the length and strength of the tigers teeth) was more incidental and very little indication of maiming or intent to do harm.

Strange situation at the very least. The only people who probably know what really happened that night are probably in S&R's close circle of friends.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
It is strange though, that the tiger didnt really attack and maul Roy.  He jumped up and grabbed him around the neck, but he didnt shake him and "make a kill" like tigers do. He literally picked Roy up and carried him off the stage, and the damage (while severe due to the length and strength of the tigers teeth) was more incidental and very little indication of maiming or intent to do harm. 

I remember reading somewhere the tiger was actually trying to protect Roy not hurt him and he was hurt more due to the strength of the animal (as you mentioned) not because he was trying to harm him.

I haven't read many articles about what happened so this might be way off, just a memory that is tickling my brain.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
Animals are jealous/protective by nature.  Any chance Montecore smelled strange pussy on Roy?

Something tells me that noone has ever smelled that on Roy Horn.....ever.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
I remember reading somewhere the tiger was actually trying to protect Roy not hurt him and he was hurt more due to the strength of the animal (as you mentioned) not because he was trying to harm him.

I haven't read many articles about what happened so this might be way off, just a memory that is tickling my brain.

Thats what S & R are claiming, and have been saying right from the start. The attack wasnt what ultimately injured Roy, he ended up having a stroke due to the loss of blood in his brain and a blood pressure problem he has. Roy said that Mantecore sensed that he was about to have a stroke, and tried to get him off the stage for help.

Not really a realistic reason, but thats what he told Maria Shriver.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)

:o :o :o :o

Dang, Soxy!

:lol: