Arrest Warrant for Me!

Texsox

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
I would.  Speeding is fun.

Being one who has stood in the center lane of an interstate that had NO warning signs in the middle of the day, you get a " :finger " unless you mean to ammend you post with green text. You have no idea how enjoyable it is to have semi's and other forms of traffic flying by you at about 2' away. Do that once, just once, and you will understand the reason for those limits in construction zones.

There I am, standind on the lines, I look over my shoulder to see a semi barreling down the road, all of a sudden from behind him a car shoots out to pass. I swear to God, I have never known fear until that very moment. I would say traffic was moving about 70 MPH. I just gripped that damn prism pole as tight as I could (like that would do anything for me) and closed my eyes. That car missed me, barely, as the driver went swerving out of the way.

I took a deep breath, looked up, and it started all over again.

This is why when the opportunity came for me to get out of the field for most of the time, I ran with it. I still go out there, but no where near as much as I used to.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
I speed a lot but not in construction zones....

Ditto. I also try (when possible) to use the lane furthest from where people are standing/working to give them some space.

[tangent] It is amazing how quickly the work is getting done on the tri-state. I figured it would be a typical construction site where the road is blocked off and nothing happens for several months (see route 83 north of Devon work done a couple years ago as an example). [/tangent]

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
Ditto.  I also try (when possible) to use the lane furthest from where people are standing/working to give them some space.

[tangent] It is amazing how quickly the work is getting done on the tri-state.  I figured it would be a typical construction site where the road is blocked off and nothing happens for several months (see route 83 north of Devon work done a couple years ago as an example). [/tangent]

Oh, they're making up for it on 80/94 - 394. :puke

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
[tangent] It is amazing how quickly the work is getting done on the tri-state.  I figured it would be a typical construction site where the road is blocked off and nothing happens for several months (see route 83 north of Devon work done a couple years ago as an example). [/tangent]

I'm amazed also. The Roosevelt Toll plaza is coming along nicely.

When I got a lift into the city with my sister the other week, I am still shocked that she hasn't had a speeding ticket since she got her license. And then my Dad got one for being 3KPH over the speed limit (yes that's actually bookable down here), and needless to say he hit the roof and I quote "I will never drive my car to work again, and will catch nothing but public transport".......

Needless to say, that scenario lasted about a couple of days. :bang

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
When I got a lift into the city with my sister the other week, I am still shocked that she hasn't had a speeding ticket since she got her license. And then my Dad got one for being 3KPH over the speed limit (yes that's actually bookable down here), and needless to say he hit the roof and I quote "I will never drive my car to work again, and will catch nothing but public transport".......

Needless to say, that scenario lasted about a couple of days.  :bang

Whats a "KPH"? :huh

:lol: