Post Count Doesn't Mean Much, but

Texsox

It was just pointed out to me that Soxtalk has over 860,000 posts and the other major Sox board, the grandparent wsi, has 836,706. I think the third has a thousand by now, but they will grow.

Combined, that is a whole lot of devoted White Sox fans getting together. :cheers

Plenty of room in the Hotel for fans of all stripes.

Random facts about Soxtalk

It ranks 934 out of all internet message boards when going about total amount of posts.

It ranks 1278 when judging by total members.

147th when judging by people visiting per day.

63rd when going by post/member ratio

100th when going by average users online.

Meaningless facts of the day.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)

It ranks 934 out of all internet message boards when going about total amount of posts.

Damn Jas, you've put together one hell of a site here. :o

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)

Wow some impressive stuff. Thats all in 3 years time or so. By the way, I forgot to make a 3 year birthday post for Soxtalk about a month ago, lol. Well I think its been 3 years now.

Out of curiosity how did you find that out?

wowza, thats nuts.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Wow some impressive stuff.  Thats all in 3 years time or so.  By the way, I forgot to make a 3 year birthday post for Soxtalk about a month ago, lol.  Well I think its been 3 years now. 

Out of curiosity how did you find that out?

Big-Boards.com, it takes every board with 500,000(Edit: missed a 0 in there, should be 500,000) or more posts and ranks them.

There's plenty more categories that I didn't list if you want to check it out. Also, theres a way to make a profile for Soxtalk on there as well if you want.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

I should add, I only expect those stats to continue to grow. This board gets bigger and better everyday. Its had a few downturns, but its kind of like the stock market, it comes out of everydown turn a little bit better and it will continue to get better thanks to all the awesome people that frequent this site.

Every single person I've met via this site at a Sox game is pretty cool. That will change if we ever meet Heads, but hey, someone was gonna have to ruin that streak ;)

Props go to all the members here for being great, welcoming posters and for telling their friends about this place. We've never went around and marketed this place and its always been built on word of mouth.

As Hawk would say....SOXTALK YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)

Wow. Nice stats.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
I should add, I only expect those stats to continue to grow.  This board gets bigger and better everyday.  Its had a few downturns, but its kind of like the stock market, it comes out of everydown turn a little bit better and it will continue to get better thanks to all the awesome people that frequent this site.

Every single person I've met via this site at a Sox game is pretty cool.  That will change if we ever meet Heads, but hey, someone was gonna have to ruin that streak ;)

Props go to all the members here for being great, welcoming posters and for telling their friends about this place.  We've never went around and marketed this place and its always been built on word of mouth. 

As Hawk would say....SOXTALK YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

More like did say.

I've tried to update some stuff on big-boards but it won't accept.

i think this is the most impressive stat, it shows just how tight knit a group we are.

and i'm willing to bet that number would be a hella lot higher if we got rid of all the dead weight names.

Wow. To be honest I am shocked. I would have NEVER guessed that we ranked that high in those categories. To be the 147th most visited message board around is really surprising to me, because honestly in the big big scheme of things who are we? We have made no efforts to advertise or spam to attract new members, and yet here we stand 100th of all message boards in # of people visiting daily. That's a pretty incredible statement when you take into account that Soxtalk is all word of mouth, which is a testimony to the membership here.

:cheers to all of you guys, you deserve it. All of those stats are directly because of you.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
Have you guys ever thought about delteting names if the poster doesnt make a post in like 6 months?

We thought about it, but I know for a fact there is a small contingent of lurkers who would lose their names on here, and we don't want that. In the past we have made efforts to erase duplicate names, and to delete obvious trolls, but in general we just leave well enough alone.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
Right you are

they ban people for everything over there

I got banned because my brother did

:puke

There is a wider variety of opinions that are accepted here. The mods are a bit pompous & sensative at the other site. Overall it just shows that there are plenty of Sox fans out there so congrats Soxtalk on the sucsess.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
There is a wider variety of opinions that are accepted here.  The mods are a bit pompous & sensative at the other site.  Overall it just shows that there are plenty of Sox fans out there so congrats Soxtalk on the sucsess.

Yes we do have the finest mods and admins on the planet, Jason sprung for the deluxe mod package. We are taller and better looking than standard mods. We are also wittier, funnier, able to wield sarcasm with ease, bringing' the homeless blankets and dinner , we're regular Nobel Peace Prize Winners. Inside our heads may lay all the answers For curing' diseases from baldness to cancer, salt of the earth and real good dancers. As is easy to see, no pompous and sensitive mods here. BTW, if anyone doesn't agree, we're taking *** **** names and will ****ing ban you for 2 months.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Yes we do have the finest mods and admins on the planet, Jason sprung for the deluxe mod package. We are taller and better looking than standard mods. We are also wittier, funnier, able to wield sarcasm with ease, bringing' the homeless blankets and dinner , we're regular Nobel Peace Prize Winners. Inside our heads may lay all the answers For curing' diseases from baldness to cancer, salt of the earth and real good dancers.  As is easy to see, no pompous and sensitive mods here. BTW, if anyone doesn't agree, we're taking *** **** names and will ****ing ban you for 2 months.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy