Post Count Doesn't Mean Much, but

Texsox

:gosox1:

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
Right you are

they ban people for everything over there

I got banned because my brother did

:puke

This is a fine opportunity for my first post. As a long time member of WSI, I've come to disagree with some of the policies over there. The mood and the atmosphere over there are getting downright scary. I checked out this site and joined approx. 2 months ago. I've lurked ever since. About a month ago, I was suspended for a ridiculous disagreement with PHG over the usage of the phrase "big game". OK, whatever. Since then, I've continued to watch member after member get banned, and I've grown weary of it.

I like what I've seen here and while at this time I'm not completely abandoning WSI, it's bound to happen. :huh In the meantime....here I am. :gosox3:

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)

This is a fine opportunity for my first post. As a long time member of WSI, I've come to disagree with some of the policies over there. The mood and the atmosphere over there are getting downright scary. I checked out this site and joined approx. 2 months ago. I've lurked ever since. About a month ago, I was suspended for a ridiculous disagreement with PHG over the usage of the phrase "big game". OK, whatever. Since then, I've continued to watch member after member get banned, and I've grown weary of it.

I like what I've seen here and while at this time I'm not completely abandoning WSI, it's bound to happen.  :huh  In the meantime....here I am. :gosox3:

Welcome to SoxTalk! :cheers

I like what I've seen here and while at this time I'm not completely abandoning WSI, it's bound to happen.  :huh  In the meantime....here I am. :gosox3:

We have a lot of members with "dual" and "tri" memberships. We also allow people to actually mention the other boards by name. In fact we love comparisons, and don't hide.

No personal attacks, no nudity, and you're fine.

BTW, the toughest part is leaving behind other posters whose opinions and comments you enjoy. Eventually, you find most of those same personalities everywhere.

Welcome aboard. :cheers

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
BTW, the toughest part is leaving behind other posters whose opinions and comments you enjoy. Eventually, you find most of those same personalities everywhere.

Welcome aboard.  :cheers

Yep. That's exactly it in a nutshell. There are a lot of good members over there but I know there are here too. Thanks for the welcome. :)

Welcome to Soxtalk, hopefully you have a better experience here :) :cheers

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
Yep. That's exactly it in a nutshell. There are a lot of good members over there but I know there are here too. Thanks for the welcome. :)

What you may also find is they change screen names when they get here and vice versa. What I always worry about is our new members get in a post with someone we've known to ignore, or we appreciate in spite of their flaws, and the new person stops visiting. In our desire to be open, we can sometimes chase away some people.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
Random facts about Soxtalk

It ranks 934 out of all internet message boards when going about total amount of posts.

It ranks 1278 when judging by total members.

147th when judging by people visiting per day.

63rd when going by post/member ratio

100th when going by average users online.

Meaningless facts of the day.

We would be a lot lower without Southsider around here :o

QUOTE(Hermanson32 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
This place treats members way better than WSI anyways. Cheers to Soxtalk!

Amen!...this site ROCKS!!! I never knew about it until WillieHarris on the bears board told me about it...after I b****ed about getting banned for a week.

I equate WSI with when I played ball in college. When we took 2 vans for short trips...there was the party van...and the goody-goody van. We always lost the goody van and hit nearest drive through liquor store for cervases...this place is the party van!

This post has been edited to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Edited by YASNY