White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:23 AM)
Not me, I want to see what Jose can do in this situation.  He's been a different pitcher the past month and I'd like to see if he's developed the stones to get out of a pressure situation like this with the lead intact.  Its something they will have to know if they win a few more games before the season ends.

I fully understand what you're saying, but at what point do you stop thinking big picture, and take each game, every out at a time?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:24 AM)
What the f***.  Your gonna make a change after Jose goes in and sits down 2 straight guys.  Really pisses me off.

I wanted him out after the Sweeney hit. However, if Ozzie was going to let him pitch to the next few guys, then why not finish your mess? Berroa is a good fastball hitter, and we bring in a fastball pitcher in Politte. Oh well.....this is Ozzie's ass on the line, not mine.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
I wanted him out after the Sweeney hit.  However, if Ozzie was going to let him pitch to the next few guys, then why not finish your mess?  Berroa is a good fastball hitter, and we bring in a fastball pitcher in Politte.  Oh well.....this is Ozzie's ass on the line, not mine.

Exactly.

The thing that upsets me the most this season is the constant and quick hooks in the sense of when a guy gets rolling. For the most part Ozzie sticks with his starters, but he rarely will stick with his relievers.

However, while I knock Ozzie for his use of the pen, I also got to say I really like the way he worked Jenks into the pen and how he shows confidence in guys and lets them know he has confidence in them. Heck, I b**** about how he used Cotts, but at the same time he's helped turn Cotts into quite the reliever.

Now Cliff, get in there and get this out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
I fully understand what you're saying, but at what point do you stop thinking big picture, and take each game, every out at a time?

Well if your taking each game every time, you probably would of went to the pen a lot earlier in that inning. Personally I think you lose whenever you go to your pen super early. I have faith in the Sox starters and I have a lot of faith in Jose (he's earned it).