White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
f*** that.  It's not bad luck Hawk, it's bad managing.

Nah, thats a tough luck bounce. Cliff got the soft hit grounder, just didn't work out. This inning has had some rough stuff. This time Cliff gets the comebacker and they at least keep the lead.

And to think I thought this was gonna be an easy game when the Sox grabbed the 4 run lead. But once again the Sox go out and make things interesting. I swear they have been blowing a whole lot of leads as of late.

Chicago...get off your arses and start producing, starting holding, and start playing to win every game. Get that focus and desire back.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:27 AM)
He leaves El Puque in too long...but then takes Count out after 2 k's?  Don't really get it but then again I don't manage a major league team.

The most annoying response ever on a message board is when someone says "well, if you know so much, why aren't you a manager". The reason a lot of us can't be managers is that we didn't have the physical ability that someone like Ozzie did which allowed him to play baseball, and then coach when he was done.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Iguchi's defense continues to just deteriorate.  Not saying he should have made the play, but Hawk seems to think he could have.

I don't think he gets him even if he fields it cleanly. Considering all the moisture out there, its an even tougher play cause you know the grass is at least partially wet at this point.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
Iguchi's defense continues to just deteriorate.  Not saying he should have made the play, but Hawk seems to think he could have.

Come on Fathom. Did you see that play? There's NO WAY noone can't make that play. Stop being so nitpicking!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:30 AM)
Nah, thats a tough luck bounce.  Cliff got the soft hit grounder, just didn't work out.  This inning has had some rough stuff.  This time Cliff gets the comebacker and they at least keep the lead.

And to think I thought this was gonna be an easy game when the Sox grabbed the 4 run lead.  But once again the Sox go out and make things interesting.  I swear they have been blowing a whole lot of leads as of late. 

Chicago...get off your arses and start producing, starting holding, and start playing to win every game. Get that focus and desire back.

We've done an awful job at finishing teams off lately, and giving them no chance to comeback. Every game we get like a 4 run lead, the other team comes charging back.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
The most annoying response ever on a message board is when someone says "well, if you know so much, why aren't you a manager".  The reason a lot of us can't be managers is that we didn't have the physical ability that someone like Ozzie did which allowed him to play baseball, and then coach when he was done.

The reason we are pissed at you is of your flip flop. First you wanted Ozzie to take Contreras out, and when Ozzie did not, you b****ed. Then when Ozzie took Contreras out, you whined again! Make up your damn mind!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
We've done an awful job at finishing teams off lately, and giving them no chance to comeback.  Every game we get like a 4 run lead, the other team comes charging back.

The Sox never really finished teams off all year. The problem is at that point it was the other teams not finishing the Sox off and the White Sox capitalizing. That and when they got a lead they did all the little things to ensure they kept the lead. They haven't been doing that lately for whatever reason (namely poor pitching and a lack of consistent hitting to expand the leads).

Hopefully they get everything figured out this week and that sweep by the Angels was the final blip in the radar.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
Did you not hear Hawk say the same f***ing thing?

I heard Hawk say that Guchi gave up on the ball early thinking Politte fielded it. I just know from the point of where the ball was hit, there was no way if he fielded it cleanly they'd of gotten the out.

If Guchi is going the hole way as if it were never fielded, maybe, but even then I really doubt it, especially with a wet infield grass.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:33 AM)
The reason we are pissed at you is of your flip flop.  First you wanted Ozzie to take Contreras out, and when Ozzie did not, you b****ed.  Then when Ozzie took Contreras out, you whined again!  Make up your damn mind!

I wanted Contreras out before Stairs batted that inning. However, once Ozzie decided to keep Contreras in, you let him finish his mess. Not only that, but if there was any batter Contreras should face that inning, it was the poor offspeed hitting Berroa.