White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Well, he fits in with the whole latin familia thing, and at least he gives you some stability at the position.  My faith in Fields panning out, obviously, isn't too high. 

Get me Beltre, and if Konerko isn't resigned, Overbay.  Giving up the prospects will be a drag, but you're getting two next year from the arbitration picks from PK.

Move McCarthy into the rotation, El Duque as our Glendon Rusch long reliever/spot starter type.  Grab a couple of NRI's, and let's head to Tuscon.  :D

I was gonna say, I'd deal Fields to the Mariners as well. I'm not a big Fields fan, although I hope he pans out.

Guchi comes through with a basehit. What the hell, did Pods get thrown out????

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:58 AM)
Maybe, but at the same time you guys under-rate him.  He had trouble adjusting to the AL, but two years ago was also his first full season and he finally lived up to his potential.  Its not like peopel didn't see him having the taletn to explode the way he does.  You don't just hit 50 plus hr's and knock in 130 guys (rough estimates) while hitting well over .300 on accident. 

He finally got healthy and learned to lay off the s***ty pitches.

You put Beltre on a team with a home field where the opposite field is a great power alley, and he would hit 35 homers easily at the Cell. My only concern with him is that he seems to get dinged up every game.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Well, he fits in with the whole latin familia thing, and at least he gives you some stability at the position.  My faith in Fields panning out, obviously, isn't too high. 

Get me Beltre, and if Konerko isn't resigned, Overbay.  Giving up the prospects will be a drag, but you're getting two next year from the arbitration picks from PK.

Move McCarthy into the rotation, El Duque as our Glendon Rusch long reliever/spot starter type.  Grab a couple of NRI's, and let's head to Tuscon.  :D

El Duque will not be a member of the White Sox by spring training next year. You can take that to the bank.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:59 AM)
One person I'd trade while his value is high...  Hermanson.

And Marte, too.  But I'd have to think with this suspension/DL thing it's dropping a bit.

Hermanson might need back surgery, so I doubt his value will be high. I'd rather keep him, and let him be a versatile reliever. As I'm sure you know, myself and others have been saying Marte was going to get traded over the offseason. Obviously, that's almost a given now. I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade of Contreras and Marte for Overbay.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
Maybe, but at the same time you guys under-rate him.  He had trouble adjusting to the AL, but two years ago was also his first full season and he finally lived up to his potential.  Its not like peopel didn't see him having the taletn to explode the way he does.  You don't just hit 50 plus hr's and knock in 130 guys (rough estimates) while hitting well over .300 on accident. 

He finally got healthy and learned to lay off the s***ty pitches.

He has played over 150 games five times now ( gonna be six) and has over 500 at-bats six times in his career... hardly was his first full season last year. It was his first full season of doing really well though... will give you that. I am not saying he doesn't have the potential to be really good and stay really good for years and year... but i rather not be the sucker paying him 12 million a year when we have money problems as is.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
You put Beltre on a team with a home field where the opposite field is a great power alley, and he would hit 35 homers easily at the Cell.  My only concern with him is that he seems to get dinged up every game.

He's a tough guy, plasy through his injuries. I mean, I don't even need to bring up the fact that he put up the greatest numbers of any 3rd baseman (in one season) and thats just my opinion all in a pitchers park known as Chavez Ravine (Dodger Stadium).

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Hermanson might need back surgery, so I doubt his value will be high.  I'd rather keep him, and let him be a versatile reliever.  As I'm sure you know, myself and others have been saying Marte was going to get traded over the offseason.  Obviously, that's almost a given now.  I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade of Contreras and Marte for Overbay.

Plus Hermy's contract is a great value.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:01 AM)
Hermanson might need back surgery, so I doubt his value will be high.  I'd rather keep him, and let him be a versatile reliever.  As I'm sure you know, myself and others have been saying Marte was going to get traded over the offseason.  Obviously, that's almost a given now.  I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade of Contreras and Marte for Overbay.

Teams can make an absolute killing off of dealing 'closers' in the off-season.

Deal him for a regular reliever who had a decent season, yet not big in the 'flashy' relievers stats like saves. Get a prospect, too.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:03 AM)
Yankees always want him. Weren't there rumors they were looking to trade for him arounf the dead line?

Supposedly, until we asked for Flash Gordon in return. I can't see the Yanks putting more injury prone pitchers into their rotation next year. I think they've learned their lesson this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
I just want to know who will trade for him?

I say deal him, Marte for Chad Tracy (and try to get something else from Arizona). If they want Fields too, fine by me. I really like Chad Tracy and think he'd be a tremendous fit in this offense. Could DH most of the time, ocassionally spelling Konerko at 1st and whoever is playing 3rd.

I should add, it is a must to sign Konerko. There is no option of not resigning him. It will be way too difficult to lose Konerko and bring in 3 new bats, considering the ineptness of this years FA crop.