White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
What we need is an icon of someone being beaten over the head with the broom...usable when people misuse that word (I ain't saying it) or the broom icon.

I have always been partial to this guy :bang , but any of the following are adequate

:fight :stick :whip :chair :banghead :booty :melt :uhoh

[cues music]

The more you know...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
I have always been partial to this guy :bang , but any of the following are adequate

Yeah, but none of them would be so perfect for mis-use of that cursed word/cursed icon as a smiley getting beaten over the head with a broom.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Can we ban the word "sweep" from soxtalk?  :P

Why?

I think they need to sweep this series as well.

We have a more difficult schedule than a team 6 games back from us with only a few weeks remaining.

Thus, you have to win all of the games you're supposed to win.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

Carl in the lineup? :puke

don't get mad -- I'm constantly eating crow when it comes to my assessment of the Sox, so hopefully Carl proves me wrong.

here's a bigger question: Who's going to step up and put this team on his shoulders? Someone needs to get f'n hot and pick this team up. PK is showing signs of doing just that.

Carl...why not you?

Jermaine?

Timo?

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Carl in the lineup?  :puke

don't get mad -- I'm constantly eating crow when it comes to my assessment of the Sox, so hopefully Carl proves me wrong.

Timo?

Yikes!! I just checked on Carl's stats and he's hitting .156 this year vs. the mighty Royals and what's worse, .059 at Kauffman Stadium. And here I was thinking maybe against the Royals he could snap out of his funk.

:huh

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
Carl in the lineup?  :puke

here's a bigger question: Who's going to step up and put this team on his shoulders? Someone needs to get f'n hot and pick this team up. PK is showing signs of doing just that.

Carl...why not you?

Jermaine?

Timo?

Konerko's September thus far:

36 ABs .389/.477/.889 5 HR 8 RBI