White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
They have nearly 70 million invested in 16 players next year i have just read. That seems kinda high to me but i have not checked to see if it was accurate or not. Either way, i would rather up grade at mutiple positions than just one... especially considering the guy we would be paying twelve millio has only had one great year and one solid one.

Can someone actually look this up?

How does that make any sense? We're at what, $75-$78 million right now? We lose $8 million from Konerko, and another $8 million (or so) from Thomas. I realize that raises will probably bring that number up a bit, but to $70 million?

You know what? Nevermind. That actually does make sense. Garland + Pierzynski get arbitration raises, I think Uribe's and Rowand's contract calls for increases after every year, and same goes for the guys we signed this offseason, El Duque, Iguchi, Dye, and Hermanson...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)

How does that make any sense?  We're at what, $75-$78 million right now?  We lose $8 million from Konerko, and another $8 million (or so) from Thomas.  I realize that raises will probably bring that number up a bit, but to $70 million?

GArland will get huge $$$ too

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
I'd look to trade Politte before I would Hermanson.  I actually think there's going to be a lot of changes this offseason.  Something I was thinking about was this:  would Ozzie and KW take a chance with putting Rowand in RF, Dye at 1b, and try to sign Juan Pierre?  You know Ozzie loves Pierre.

Pierre= cheaper than furcal ( who i highly doubt we get but others think we have a great shot at)... so that sounds great to me. I have a feeling we are gonna get disgusted with the furcal talk this year, just like last season it was renteria and orlando GOD cabrera.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:12 AM)
Pierre= cheaper than furcal ( who i highly doubt we get but others think we have a great shot at)... so that sounds great to me. I have a feeling we are gonna get disgusted with the furcal talk this year, just like last season it was renteria and orlando GOD cabrera.

I have absolutely no hope we'll win the bidding war for Furcal. If the Braves don't resign him, the Cubs will be ALL over him.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
They have nearly 70 million invested in 16 players next year i have just read. That seems kinda high to me but i have not checked to see if it was accurate or not. Either way, i would rather up grade at mutiple positions than just one... especially considering the guy we would be paying twelve millio has only had one great year and one solid one.

I don't think that is accurate considering Konerko isn't included and Frank + Carl can be released for a total of $4M.

How does that make any sense?  We're at what, $75-$78 million right now?  We lose $8 million from Konerko, and another $8 million (or so) from Thomas.  I realize that raises will probably bring that number up a bit, but to $70 million?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

The White Sox's Williams could face an off-season nightmare if his budget remains under $80 million. The breakout season by Jon Garland, the buyout clause in Frank Thomas' contract and built-in seven-figure raises for Mark Buehrle, Freddy Garcia, Orlando Hernandez, Dustin Hermanson, Jermaine Dye, Aaron Rowand, Scott Podsednik, Juan Uribe, Damaso Marte, A.J. Pierzynski and Joe Crede (first-time arbitration-eligible) already have about $70 million committed to 16 veterans who figure to stay for 2006.

I am gonna make a contract thread after the game probally ( with salary arbitration guesses).

You know what?  Nevermind.  That actually does make sense.  Garland + Pierzynski get arbitration raises, I think Uribe's and Rowand's contract calls for increases after every year, and same goes for the guys we signed this offseason, El Duque, Iguchi, Dye, and Hermanson...

I've got them at 57.35 figuring they buy out Everett and Frank.. The only Arb eligble player I added was Garland at $7M (which is about what he'd earn next year)

Other Arb eligble guys who I didn't figure are Viz (2M max?) and Crede(who knows?)