White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
I'd rather they just call this game if it's going to be raining so hard.

Me to, it would be pointless to play a couple innings then call the game, instead of playing a double header tomorrow or the next day or just rescheduling the game.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
So they stranded a leadoff triple?  Or is Everett still due up?  I just know the tarps are back out.

Yep, stranded. Iguchi and PK grounded out, and then Everett flied out to LF. Of course, Everett had a great pitch to hit early in the AB, but he tried to hit it 600 feet, and fouled it off.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
Swinging in the rain, just swiiiiinging in the rain! What a glooooorious fee-ling, I'm whiffing again, I'm popping out big, just swinging, just swinging in the raaaaiiin.

props to you, very clever.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
looking at teh radar, after this current cell passes, it looks like it will clear up with no more rain. looks like it shouldnt be that long either. if i had to guess once it passes they will get the game in without interruption

looks like i was just a big bowl of wrong

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
This night is looking VERY ugly so far. I hope we can get this dam game in so we don't have to see the B lineup in one of tomorrow's DH games.

I don't think we'd have too bad of a B lineup. Also, wouldn't it be more likely we played a DH on Thursday, with the already scheduled day game?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
I don't think we'd have too bad of a B lineup.  Also, wouldn't it be more likely we played a DH on Thursday, with the already scheduled day game?

A lineup consisting of Timo, Willie, Gload, PK, Borchard, rowand, Anderson, Pablo, Blum doesn't worry you huh :chair

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
corpseball+water=wet corpseball 

Glad I see that August was not just a fluke month.  We cant score a leadoff triple, does our offense suck donkey balls now.

The lack of a number 3 hitter has really, really hurt us lately. I like the move by Ozzie of trying to change things, but PK is not a prototype number 3 hitter. Everett needs to go way down in the lineup, as he's completely coming off every pitch.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
corpseball+water=wet corpseball 

does our offense suck donkey balls now.

It's bad man. :headshake......... At the beginning of August i was content to just make the WS. Now I'll be content if we just make the dam playoffs!!!! :pray

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
The lack of a number 3 hitter has really, really hurt us lately.  I like the move by Ozzie of trying to change things, but PK is not a prototype number 3 hitter.  Everett needs to go way down in the lineup, as he's completely coming off every pitch.

Maybe if the guys would stop f***ing pulling every single pitch to the left side we might be okay. This guy is throwing crap away to our right handed hitters and just enticing them to pull it.

BTW every single pitcher is now busting carl in when he hits from the left. He however cannot adjust.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
It's bad man.  :headshake......... At the beginning of August i was content to just make the WS. Now I'll be content if we just make the dam playoffs!!!!  :pray

Welcome to my world. Man, I wish I would have just enjoyed things more when we were 15 games up instead of worrying about this type of struggle. Oh well, we'll know in 3 weeks what to think of this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
Welcome to my world.  Man, I wish I would have just enjoyed things more when we were 15 games up instead of worrying about this type of struggle.  Oh well, we'll know in 3 weeks what to think of this season.

It's been a GRIND all season long man. I think I can count on 1 hand how many games we blew out the other team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
Welcome to my world.  Man, I wish I would have just enjoyed things more when we were 15 games up instead of worrying about this type of struggle.  Oh well, we'll know in 3 weeks what to think of this season.

not to be grasping at straws, because I ran out a few weeks ago, but three weeks is a lot of time. That can be bad.....but it could be good as well. Time still to recover. And let's face it, it sure seems this team has hit bottom.