Bonds

Nokona

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
no he was he said he was.  I do think he was on roids.

There's not proof he ever said this. The court records were sealed and what you heard about him admitting to taking roids was through a leak, which is no gaurantee that it happened. Then when he appologized, he never actually said he took roids.

So if you believe Bonds didn't take roids then you have to believe Giambi as well. There's no proof for either.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
There's not proof he ever said this. The court records were sealed and what you heard about him admitting to taking roids was through a leak, which is no gaurantee that it happened. Then when he appologized, he never actually said he took roids.

So if you believe Bonds didn't take roids then you have to believe Giambi as well. There's no proof for either.

I believe Bonds took them from 2001-2003. Also Giambi's bro was with the sox and basiclly said that both he and Jason were on roids.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
I believe Bonds took them from 2001-2003.  Also Giambi's bro was with the sox and basiclly said that both he and Jason were on roids.

I gaurantee with 100% certainty that he was taking roids before '01.

How are you just going to believe Jeremy Giambi, the guy is slime and would say anything for attention. Still no proof that Jason ever did roids.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
I gaurantee with 100% certainty that he was taking roids before '01.

How are you just going to believe Jeremy Giambi, the guy is slime and would say anything for attention. Still no proof that Jason ever did roids.

because he seemed very honest and sorry about it. He said it took about 2 or 3 years off of his career and that they need to teach kids the dangers of this stuff. He really did seem sincere and i think Kenny brought him in to teach that message.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
because he seemed very honest and sorry about it.  He said it took about 2 or 3 years off of his career and that they need to teach kids the dangers of this stuff.  He really did seem sincere and i think Kenny brought him in to teach that message.

KW brought in Jeremy Giambi as a favor for his agent, that is all. Good relationships betwee a GM and an agent are key especially when he represents players on the Sox.

Besides Jeremy never came out and said that his brother did anything, he admitted that he had done somethings during the course of his career but never said that his brother did.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
KW brought in Jeremy Giambi as a favor for his agent, that is all. Good relationships betwee a GM and an agent are key especially when he represents players on the Sox.

Besides Jeremy never came out and said that his brother did anything, he admitted that he had done somethings during the course of his career but never said that his brother did.

While he did not specifically say his brother used steroids, Jeremy cited a press conference a month ago during which Jason sat in front of a small group of New York media and apologized profusely. He never gave a reason for the apology.

"If you don't know what he's apologizing for,'' Jeremy says, "you must've been in a coma for two years.''

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 06:44 AM)
Kinda like how rapidly reproducing bacteria and uncurable quick-evolving viruses are amazing?

Then I agree...

Personally, I think he's amazing in the way that embryonic stem cell research or cloning is amazing...a triumph of modern science.

Just remember this...according to published accounts of Canseco's book, which I have not read, Raffy was using Winstrol specifically because it would help you out as a steroid but would not make your body explode like some of the other steroids were. And before he tested positive, you heard exactly the explanation he would have wanted...that he didn't have the body type of a juicer.

A change in body type can just as easily be due to a change in steroid variety as it could be to starting them in the first place.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
Just remember this...according to published accounts of Canseco's book, which I have not read, Raffy was using Winstrol specifically because it would help you out as a steroid but would not make your body explode like some of the other steroids were.  And before he tested positive, you heard exactly the explanation he would have wanted...that he didn't have the body type of a juicer.

A change in body type can just as easily be due to a change in steroid variety as it could be to starting them in the first place.

I can tell you first and foremost, Winny, or Winstrol, is used for cutting cycles. It does not increase size and water retention like D-bol etc. It actually helps cut down fat, and when used with Deca as a base, eliminates water retention and fat content. There is no real inflation like when Giambi juiced and held all his water. Consequently, Bonds took HGH after the 90's which made his head and body grow in proportion. So if you want to say that he didnt take anything in the 90's, you are incorrect, he just switched his formula.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
1. Who cares?  Anything to get your team is W is good in my book.

2. Good. I wish more players were on them.

Good grief. Yeah, I'm sure the Orioles are so proud of their current roid user Raffy, and their washed-up former roid user in Sosa. It's going to be very interesting when these guys start dropping dead from heart attacks likely caused by years of steroid use. Check out what has happened to so many wrestlers once they reach their 40s after using roids for a long time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Good grief.  Yeah, I'm sure the Orioles are so proud of their current roid user Raffy, and their washed-up former roid user in Sosa. It's going to be very interesting when these guys start dropping dead from heart attacks likely caused by years of steroid use.  Check out what has happened to so many wrestlers once they reach their 40s after using roids for a long time.

Again, who cares? If someone wants to put something into their own body, it's fine by me.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Again, who cares?  If someone wants to put something into their own body, it's fine by me.

And therefore solidifying your place in the sports world of having no honor and no class. Cheating to win violates the very essence of sport. He cheated, he doesnt deserve the accolades, nor the recognition of players who play the sport the pure way.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Again, who cares?  If someone wants to put something into their own body, it's fine by me.

Considering that there's been a noticeable drop-off in production by many of the baseball players that have been rumored to be on steroids in the past, it creates a situation where a lot of teams are extremely overpaying certain players based on steroid-enhanced numbers. Thus, you have teams that are struggling because they're not the same players that they used to be when they received their big money deal.

Let me guess, you're the type of fan who doesn't care if your favorite college team pays their athletes, since everyone else is doing it?