Sox's search could head North

Kogs35

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you. Edited by Heads22

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)
This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

... no, that's not a banana in his pocket, he is just happy so see him. Anyway, isn't the subject of this post getting a bit to hot for TV? I still think it would be fun to forward to Mike North though.

Edited by Heads22

QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
Farmer is so bad on play-by-play that it won't matter who does color.

North, on the other hand, might be the perfect complement for Farmer.

It'd be fun to witness, kinda like a train wreck. Although Farmer is full of himself, he's pretty witty and a smartass, 2 things I can respect. North would not be sharp enough to even realize he's being played.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
Josh ... please don't take this situation too seriously. :bang

I can't believe how serious some people take the broadcasting situation. Now, I know there's a lot of people that can only listen to the games via radio. For those people, I can understand the concern. However, there's a lot of people who have been going nuts over the last few weeks regarding Rooney's departure who I know are able to watch all the games on television. Maybe it's just me, but I've always cared a lot more about the team on the field than anything off of the field regarding the organization.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
lol

what about dat play der?

what about movin' boat uh dem guyz over der?

I'm sure it will happen. I just assume the worst possible outcome in any situation...

This came at such a great time...USA Today honors the sox by putting them as the second best duo in the AL and what do we do a few weeks later? Break them up...and then threaten to bring in a buffoon whos Mic would be better served stuck up another orifice than anywhere near his slobbering mouth. It comes as no suprise to me... :headshake

QUOTE(BigNDfan80 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 05:38 AM)
I would never listen to the radio broadcast again is they hire North.

Quote fixed to reflect my opinion.

Mike North is absolutely unlistenable and has no redeeming qualities. Not funny, not insightful, not interesting.

Add North to the Sox broadcasts, subtract me from the listenership.

Although I think Farmer on PBP will be dismal, so I probably won't listen anyway.

While Dan McNeil gently weeps. :snr

What's wrong with North? On Dog Day he could have BeBe do her Adopt a Pet segment. Fritzi could stop by for some beers every seventh inning of home games. He wouldn't be saying, he'd just be saying. Then selling the T-shirt and mug to accompany that. We could get the meatloaf recipe, stories about aldermen he knows, interviews with da Coach. Oh, and he'd probably even talk about the Sox a little. Does this need to be in green?

There still seems to be a general misconception that the White Sox broke up the team of Rooney and Farmer.

They did not.

Nor are the White Sox the ones talking about Mike North doing the color.

It's the radio station The Score who is driving this.

Just to clarify, in case it hasn't been clarified enough already.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
There still seems to be a general misconception that the White Sox broke up the team of Rooney and Farmer. 

They did not.

Nor are the White Sox the ones talking about Mike North doing the color.

It's the radio station The Score who is driving this.

Just to clarify, in case it hasn't been clarified enough already.

Could we get you to clarify this, please?

If Mike North takes over color duties on the radio I'll...

still listen to the radio broadcasts when I can't see the games on TV. Just because I don't like the color man doesn't mean I'm going to stop listening to the Sox.

Mike North would be a bad choice IMO however it will not change how often I listen to the Sox on the radio, seeing how the only time I'm listening to the radio is when I can't get to a TV.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
i f***ing hate mike north

I can hardly think how to put into words how much I hate that idiot. But as simply, as you put it, that does the trick for me. I e-mailed the Score this morning and told them exactly how I feel, for what it's worth. If there's even the slightest chance of North getting this job, I want to make sure they know how I feel.

As I understand it too, there's actually consideration being given to having Jessie Rogers do the pre and post game shows. f***ing unbelievable.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
Is there anyway we can email this thread to the good people at WSCR?  Complete with all vulgarities?

If nothing else, it may at least rule out Mike North.  Let me just say this, the White Sox-WSCR relationship could not have started out on worse terms.

WSCR won't care what most of us have to say...since the majority of us don't fall under their target market of ages 25-44 which they are convinced all love Mike North... :rolly

I never imagined the switch would be this negative, but on the other hand, as I said in my previous post, I am not suprised.

Edited for stupidity...

Edited by Chisoxrd5

I think it is pretty fun that North is allegedly a Sox fan, yet the concensus seems to be that we don't want this goof. Rather than emailing this page to the score, why doesn't somebody send it to Mike North's score email to say, "A drunk and retarded chimp knows more about the Sox than you. Stay away from my team."

If anybody is feeling motivated to do so, here it is:

[email protected]

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski