Laura Bush

Soxfest

I was listening to the morning radio. They had a firefighter who went down to the disaster area and was working in a soup kitchen set up. Laura Bush came in to "help." 20 mins before she arrived they shut down the food line to set up security so that all the people waiting...had to wait longer. They then hand picked about 10 people from the crowd. Someone put food on all the plates.

She then arrived served pre made plates of food to 10 people, got her photo taken and then promptly left.

Thanks for helping out!!!!! This is a joke. She shows up for the photo op, doesn't even do anything then leaves. I'm sure she's very proud of herself and feels great that she helped for 10 freakin minutes. I know both parties do this, but this is a huge disaster.

The volunteers who were there were extremely angry. They have been there working hours on end, then she shows up, gets her pic taken and gets credit for helping. Freaking joke. :stick

I bet that b**** helped Georgie boy stir up the waters in the gulf too.

These Bushies are really something else. If they're not creating natural disasters to rid the country of black people and make money for their friends companies, then they are starting unjust, illegal and immoral wars to make money for their friends companies.

Impeach Bush now!!

It's called cheer leading, and has some value. It picks up the spirits of some people, it makes the nation feel, at least vicariously, that we are really helping, and spotlights what the real volunteers are doing. If not for Mrs. Bush, no one would have bothered to send cameras to that soup kitchen.

Now even better would have been the Bush babes, hurricanes in hand, riding the storm out atop one of the hotels. Now that's a photo op.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
I bet that b**** helped Georgie boy stir up the waters in the gulf too.

These Bushies are really something else.  If they're not creating natural disasters to rid the country of black people and make money for their friends companies, then they are starting unjust, illegal and immoral wars to make money for their friends companies.

Impeach Bush now!!

This is where, in the new spirit of Soxtalk, I just take a deep breath and quietly back out of this thread...

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
This is where, in the new spirit of Soxtalk, I just take a deep breath and quietly back out of this thread...

You realize that post should be in green right? CC is the hardest core republican on the site. . .

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
aww I ain't that hard core....but yeah I figured I made enough posts for people to know my true feelings.

I just figured since I'd never seen SFF here before I should clear that up.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
Ahh, thanks for clearing it up.  See, the deal is that I haven't visited the SL&P forum until this year (and I normally steer very clear of any politics talk).  Anyway, I am happy to realize that not only are Sox fans intelligent, but are rather entertaining, too  :P

SFF

Stop in any time. BTW, green = sarcasm, some people forget.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 07:11 AM)
It's called cheer leading, and has some value. It picks up the spirits of some people, it makes the nation feel, at least vicariously, that we are really helping, and spotlights what the real volunteers are doing. If not for Mrs. Bush, no one would have bothered to send cameras to that soup kitchen.

Now even better would have been the Bush babes, hurricanes in hand, riding the storm out atop one of the hotels. Now that's a photo op.

^^ That^^

Now, if she doesn't go down there in order to prevent people from having to wait longer because of security concerns would people understand? Or would they be on her ass for not showing up?