Who's your game 1 starter for the playoffs?

sin city sox fan

If the season ended right now, who do you think should start game #1 of the playoffs?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. If the season ended right now, who do you think should start game #1 of the playoffs?

• Mark Buehrle
    • Jose Contreras
    • Freddy Garcia
    • Jon Garland
    • Orlando Hernandez
    • Brandon McCarthy

it's MB without a doubt. Jon is new at this "being good" thing, and Freddy has been relatively inconsistant all season, whereas this is a new thing for MB. Mark has led our rotation for years, he should be the no. 1 be it opening day or the playoffs.

thats right, I voted for Contreras. Thats right. Go with the hot hand, and the potentialy dominating stuff. Im going with the splitter, the forball, the change, the Sidearm fastball, the power. im hoping for a cold day, a day where the bats dont come alive. Where the batters are caught between mid-90's fastballs and fluttering forkballs. Where a giant immigrant shuts down the other team and sets the tone for the series.

I voted for Jose

QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
it's MB without a doubt.  Jon is new at this "being good" thing, and Freddy has been relatively inconsistant all season, whereas this is a new thing for MB.  Mark has led our rotation for years, he should be the no. 1 be it opening day or the playoffs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:cheers

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
thats right, I voted for Contreras.  Thats right.  Go with the hot hand, and the potentialy dominating stuff.  Im going with the splitter, the forball, the change, the Sidearm fastball, the power.  im hoping for a cold day, a day where the bats dont come alive.  Where the batters are caught between mid-90's fastballs and fluttering forkballs.  Where a giant immigrant shuts down the other team and sets the tone for the series. 

I voted for Jose

Me too. :cheers

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
thats right, I voted for Contreras.  Thats right.  Go with the hot hand, and the potentialy dominating stuff.  Im going with the splitter, the forball, the change, the Sidearm fastball, the power.  im hoping for a cold day, a day where the bats dont come alive.  Where the batters are caught between mid-90's fastballs and fluttering forkballs.  Where a giant immigrant shuts down the other team and sets the tone for the series. 

I voted for Jose

I feel what you're saying Rock. Problem is, what will the cold do to our already cold bats?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
Uh, who is the opponent?

By the way, Count might be doing the best right now, but Freddy has been our most consistent pitcher this year. He's never been our best, but you usually know what he's gonna give you, that's being consistent.

...and a first inning deficit.