Congrats to BMac!

beck72

With Marte gone for the yr, whether it's injury or attitude, it makes Bmac the 11th pitcher for the playoff roster. His numbers vs LH hitters, like Bobby Jenks, are much better than vs RH hitters. The way Bmac has thrown the last two games, he could come up big in the playoffs.

Congrats bud!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
I wouldn't guarantee that as of yet.  It looks that way though, unless they decide to go with Bajenaru or someone like Arnie Munoz (I'd expect to see him called up, at least potentially).

As of now I think Duque/Garcia/Garland/Buehrle/Contreras/Viz/Cotts/Hermy/Jenks/Probably Bmac

Cliff makes it 11.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
Cliff makes it 11.

I knew I was forgetting someone. My original post was me saying Bmac has no guarantee cause they are only going to carry 11 pitchers. Gload or Harris will be on the post-season roster, I guarantee you that much.

I retyped the post out when I was forgetting a name and couldn't think of who it was so I assumed I must of had it right (horrid assumption).

In that case my original assumption is right, Bmac still needs to beat out Duque.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
I knew I was forgetting someone.  My original post was me saying Bmac has no guarantee cause they are only going to carry 11 pitchers.  Gload or Harris will be on the post-season roster, I guarantee you that much. 

I retyped the post out when I was forgetting a name and couldn't think of who it was so I assumed I must of had it right (horrid assumption). 

In that case my original assumption is right, Bmac still needs to beat out Duque.

I was wondering who BMac would replace before this Marte development. I was thinking Viz. but either way, BMac would look really good in the bullpen in the playoffs. Having a solid guy who could be ready to log 2, 3 innings at a time [El Duque scares me coming out of the pen] might be key in the playoffs, so the entire pen isn't used up.

I haven't even thought about who the other 14 guys on the offense will be yet. I'm just looking for the 9 starters to get going and the sox will be in decent shape

QUOTE(beck72 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
I was wondering who BMac would replace before this Marte development. I was thinking Viz. but either way, BMac would look really good in the bullpen in the playoffs. Having a solid guy who could be ready to log 2, 3 innings at a time [El Duque scares me coming out of the pen] might be key in the playoffs, so the entire pen isn't used up.

I haven't even thought about who the other 14 guys on the offense will be yet. I'm just looking for the 9 starters to get going and the sox will be in decent shape

I'm with you, I was hoping to see BMac either back to back or every other day against the Angels to see how he reacted.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)

Personally, I am more a fan of having a guy there who can come in during the 8th inning of a tie ballgame and wind up getting the win in the 14th without blowing apart our bullpen.

This is from whitesox.com, an Ozzie quote

Spot for McCarthy: Whether it's starting or relieving, right-hander Brandon McCarthy will be on the playoff roster if the White Sox secure a berth in the postseason. McCarthy turned heads on Sunday when he fanned eight in his first pro relief appearance.

"I think this kid is going to help us on the playoff roster," Guillen said.

McCarthy said he'll gladly work in any capacity as the White Sox try to put all the pieces together for a run at some October glory.

"As I've said all along, I just go where they tell me," McCarthy said.

Hey, congrats on the playoff spot BMAC. I really think he could be an answer to our prayers out of the pen in the playoffs. It'd be great to have a guy who could suck some innings in the extra inning games or games when our pitching sucks. We'll need our other relievers well rested in the playoffs and BMAC will help them do that.