Bears cut.....

knightni

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
He blocked a kick that essentially won the game Vs the Titans last year. That's the only f***ing thing he's ever accomplished in the NFL, a blocked f***ing kick...

Actually I think he has blocked more than one kick for the bears. If I recall correctly, he blocked a kick against St Louis in the game that his knee was destroyed in. I want to say he has blocked 2 or 3 kicks.

I knew he was done as a bear when he was rolled up in St Louis. You could see the entire bottom side of his knee disjoint. Big guys just put too much weight on their legs to allow proper healing. Case in point, Frank Thomas.

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
I can agree with that (even though you meant that as a slight slam).

Hey, I'd love to see him prove me wrong, but I really doubt he's going to be able to do it...especially with the Bears

Even if he stays healthy next year...it will basically be his rookie season. One thing I'm starting to catch onto is the fact that for a quarterback to really develop into a quality pro QB, it takes somewhere between 16-32 full games for him to adapt to the speed of the game, the defenses thrown at him, etc.

Look up and down the list. Brees...took roughly 2 years. Peyton took at least 1 full year. Carson Palmer...he's in the middle of his 2nd year. Brett Favre? Several years. And so on and so on and so on.

There's only so much that a QB can learn standing on the sidelines...and if the QB is hurt constantly, he's just not getting any game experience. I believe Grossman's contract is up next year...even if he does stay healthy, he'll basically be playing as a rookie, and possibly as a rookie in a QB controversy. Even if by some miracle he isn't hurt next year, I just don't see him putting up numbers that would drive the Bears to re-sign him.