Soxfest 2006

IlliniKrush

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Hyatt says the packages can't be booked until October 15th.

This conflicts with what the Soxfest hotline and website says.

I emailed Brooks on this and am awaiting response.

aboz, i appreciate that..also appreciate the new info on this..it'll be my 5th year at the hotel..just a great time of year. i also recommend staying in the hotel for anyone who can afford it, its just a blast.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
Hyatt says the packages can't be booked until October 15th.

This conflicts with what the Soxfest hotline and website says.

I emailed Brooks on this and am awaiting response.

I was thinking this is too early to book the packages. I was gonna ask if we should just book it now, but you answered that for me :D

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
I was thinking this is too early to book the packages.  I was gonna ask if we should just book it now, but you answered that for me  :D

I don't ever remember them being able to be booked before the season ends. Usually we get the "thanks for being a great st holder, all your support, bla, bla, bla.... and don't forget to book your rooms for soxfest!!!" letter first.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
I was thinking this is too early to book the packages.  I was gonna ask if we should just book it now, but you answered that for me  :D

I figured we'll auction off on ebay a chance for two female Sox fans (looks permitting) to stay in a suite with us at the Fest. All proceeds will go to the find a date for Heads foundation of course ;-)

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
I figured we'll auction off on ebay a chance for two female Sox fans (looks permitting) to stay in a suite with us at the Fest.  All proceeds will go to the find a date for Heads foundation of course ;-)

All proceeds need to get me out there first.... :bang

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
I just hope they don't try to charge me more money if I get the 2-night package and have a group of 4 like they did last year.

Supposedly the price is based on 2 people in the room even though they give you 4 passes...  :huh

Yeah the room is supposedly for two people, but they give you tickets for four people. It's stupid. They charged us for an extra person last year, so this year will just sneak in the extra person. :)

My mom just called me from back home. I'm at ISU and she said she booked the weekend. She said it was 140 a night to stay, but on the site it says 249 for the double play package. She's calling back tommorrow to do it as usual theres usually a problem at the Hyatt front desk..A pain but worth it.

QUOTE(BurlyMan56 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
My mom just called me from back home. I'm at ISU and she said she booked the weekend. She said it was 140 a night to stay, but on the site it says 249 for the double play package. She's calling back tommorrow to do it as usual theres usually a problem at the Hyatt front desk..A pain but worth it.

What she booked wasn't the Soxfest package, FYI.

I am not going to be able to stay the weekend like usual for obvious reasons, but I am going to have to find a way to hang out for a night, and crash on someone's floor maybe...

Soxfest is always an incredibly fun time, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. Not only that, but go to the bar after hours if you are of age, and meet people and drink a lot. You won't regret it, well unless you are Krush. :ph34r:

QUOTE(POTUSChris @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
Yeah the room is supposedly for two people, but they give you tickets for four people.  It's stupid.  They charged us for an extra person last year, so this year will just sneak in the extra person.  :)

That's what I planned on doing. There's so many people running around that they'll never notice. I'm just going to have the extra people wait for me on the main floor and after I go up, check in and get to the room I'll come back down for them. ;)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
I am not going to be able to stay the weekend like usual for obvious reasons, but I am going to have to find a way to hang out for a night, and crash on someone's floor maybe...

Soxfest is always an incredibly fun time, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.  Not only that, but go to the bar after hours if you are of age, and meet people and drink a lot.  You won't regret it, well unless you are Krush.  :ph34r:

GMAFB... that kid will be plenty old enough to come to Soxfest. Don't you remember all the action from Tim Destiny got last year :lol:

:drink ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
GMAFB... that kid will be plenty old enough to come to Soxfest. Don't you remember all the action from Tim Destiny got last year  :lol:

:drink  ;)

But the wife doesn't like the idea of a two month old baby being used for autographs and pictures :rolly :headshake

:lol:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
But the wife doesn't like the idea of a two month old baby being used for autographs and pictures :rolly  :headshake

What's her problem? How many times are you going to have an opportunity like this?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
But the wife doesn't like the idea of a two month old baby being used for autographs and pictures :rolly  :headshake

I can see how she might get a bit peeved at you taking pictures and getting auto's from other chicks. :lolhitting

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)

Soxfest is always an incredibly fun time, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.  Not only that, but go to the bar after hours if you are of age, and meet people and drink a lot.  You won't regret it, well unless you are Krush.  :ph34r:

Eh, i wouldn't say i regret it. I still had a hell of a time. This year i'll just know not to try to outdrink everyone :rolly

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
Eh, i wouldn't say i regret it. I still had a hell of a time. This year i'll just know not to try to outdrink everyone  :rolly

You should have spent the past year in training. Then you could give it another shot, so to speak.