White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
I don't believe in the notion that Garcia only pitches good games against good teams.  Garcia flatout stinks right now.  As a matter of fact, I don't have any trust in any of our starting pitchers right now.  I don't know the reason, but it seems like our starting pitchers have run against a wall or something!  And that's not one or two.  It's all of them!

Against > a 6-ERA pitcher, and we can't even win the game.  How the hell are we going to win against MUCH BETTER teams???

He has had a quality start in 5 of 6 starts. He flat out stinks? Huh?

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
I don't believe in the notion that Garcia only pitches good games against good teams.  Garcia flatout stinks right now.  As a matter of fact, I don't have any trust in any of our starting pitchers right now.  I don't know the reason, but it seems like our starting pitchers have run against a wall or something!  And that's not one or two.  It's all of them!

Against > a 6-ERA pitcher, and we can't even win the game.  How the hell are we going to win against MUCH BETTER teams???

Actually I ran a correlation between his ERA, WHIP, and BAA vs. the Opponents wins this season...

All of them showed some correlation. His performance goes up when he faces better teams, and comes down when he faces worse ones. Even if it was purely anecdotal it's true.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
JP Howell, not a first rounder.

Supplamental (sp?) pick, I'm 99% sure.

31st pick of the first round i believe and previously he was drafted in the second round by the baves.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
Thanks.  We could be having a heart attack, and you would say everything is just dandy though.

wtf are you talking about. I said I was worried about your health if you are worried about a game that doesn't matter in September. I can't imagine what will happen when they matter in October.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
wtf are you talking about. I said I was worried about your health if you are worried about a game that doesn't matter in September. I can't imagine what will happen when they matter in October.

How do you figure this game doesn't matter?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)

since when did this game not matter?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)

This game doesn't matter? LOLOL.

JP Howell has a 1.58 WHIP and a 6.63 ERA.

Yet Hawk is about to name him to the allstar team because the pull happy corpseball kids are trying to park every pitch.

Here is a clue Hawk, anyone that can spot a fastball away on this team can f***ing own them. It has been this way for 2 or more years.

PULL BASEBALL SON!!!!!!!!!!