White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
I can't believe DJ just said the following "Scott wears rubbers so he can get a better dig in the dirt!"

That's almost good enough to wind up in my sig.

DJ: "Whatever you do, just don't strap it on."

(10 second pause)

Hawk: We got another email here...

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
Pods has better offensive numbers FWIW, unless you care about slugging from the leadoff man. Sizemore does have a little pop.

It's pretty close tho. Sizemore is bueno.

Better offensive numbers?

Like what? Pods average is a whole 4 points higher and his obp is just a few points higher as well. Other than that...Sizemore has 19 Dingers, 31 2B, 11 3B, 97 Runs Scored, 76 RBI. But hey, I guess Scotty is better cause he steals a few bases :P

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
Pods has better offensive numbers FWIW, unless you care about slugging from the leadoff man. Sizemore does have a little pop.

It's pretty close tho. Sizemore is bueno.

Pods has better numbers than Sizemore? On no planet is Pods in Sizemore's league when it comes to offense this season. They're average is about the same, but that's where it ends. I'd take Sizemore before any other leadoff hitter in baseball this season.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)

Like what?  Pods average is a whole 4 points higher and his obp is just a few points higher as well.  Other than that...Sizemore has 19 Dingers, 31 2B, 11 3B, 97 Runs Scored, 76 RBI.  But hey, I guess Scotty is better cause he steals a few bases  :P

Well I said if you care about slugging Sizmore is your man. I don't care about it as much from a leadoff man. I'm not saying I wouldn't take Sizemore. He's younger, but as leadoff men in that responsibility, theres not much diff.

I don't believe in the notion that Garcia only pitches good games against good teams. Garcia flatout stinks right now. As a matter of fact, I don't have any trust in any of our starting pitchers right now. I don't know the reason, but it seems like our starting pitchers have run against a wall or something! And that's not one or two. It's all of them!

Read carefully! Right Now as in This Game!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Well I said if you care about slugging Sizmore is your man. I don't care about it as much from a leadoff man. I'm not saying I wouldn't take Sizemore. He's younger, but as leadoff men in that responsibility, theres not much diff.

Sizemore also has 25 more Runs scored than Pods. Isn't that what you want out of your leadoff hitter?

Edited by SoxFanForever

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)

Like what?  Pods average is a whole 4 points higher and his obp is just a few points higher as well.  Other than that...Sizemore has 19 Dingers, 31 2B, 11 3B, 97 Runs Scored, 76 RBI.  But hey, I guess Scotty is better cause he steals a few bases  :P

A lot of players 3b hits come because of the ballpark they play in...the more nooks & crannies in the outfield, the more 3b hits you get. The Cell doesn't have any of them. Therefore, I consider triples to be a terrible stat to compare between different teams.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)

As you know, you're only a leadoff hitter one time in a game. After that, you really need to get offensive production from your leadoff hitter. Pods has picked up his RBI total lately, but to be around 20 as late as he was in the season was mediocre.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
Sizemore also has 24 more Runs scored than Pods.  Isn't that what you want out of your leadoff hitter?

How much is that affected by the batting average with RISP of our #3 and #4 hitters?

Also...how many at bats does Sizemore have compared to Pods? Podsie was on the DL for 1 stretch, he's had quite a few other off days, and he was down for like 5 days earlier in the year with a leg problem too.

Edited by Balta1701