White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
This reminds me of another game thread and the comparisons of Santana vs Buerhle.

Sweet. That means I'm right here too! :D

But this is a matter of preference. I wnat a guy in the leadoff slot that is good with the bases loaded. Some people might liek a slugging leadoff man.

I like mine to get on base and get things started.

Edited by jphat007

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
Sizemore also has about 135 more plate appearances than Podsednik....doesn't account for all of those, but accounts for some of the difference.

Okay...

He still has a slugging percentage that's what, .130 points higher then Podsednik's, and an OBP that's just .008 points less.

Plus Sizemore is the better defender.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
1/2 of that is probably due to Ozzie's distribution of days off.

Podsednik is also 6 years older than Sizemore.

I think every GM in baseball would trade Pods for Sizemore. I think every GM in baseball would trade Pods for Sizemore if Sizemore were 6 years older. He is a better player.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
I can't take credit for that one.

Credit the White Sox fans over at BTF...

How's it been over at BTF lately with Sox fans? I haven't read many gamethreads lately, as I'd rather not think about the game if we lose. No on has jumped off the ledge?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Okay...

He still has a slugging percentage that's what, .130 points higher then Podsednik's, and an OBP that's just .008 points less.

Plus Sizemore is the better defender.

Let's just put it this way, Sizemore is a superstar to be and Pods will never be in the same ballpark as him. Pods is a very good leadoff man, but lets not get crazy and try to compare him to an obviously better player.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Sizemore hits .281 leading off with a .332 OBP

Those other splits were for bases empty.  I don't think he really struggles to "Get the offense going" at the beginning of the game personally.

.332 OBP to start the game compared to .385 for Scott. Big difference.

And bases empty is important as well. Leadoff guy is supposed to be the spark so other guys get him in. If there is 1 out, no on and he comes up, I'd rather have Scott up there.

If there are men on 1st and 2nd with 2 out, I'd rather have Sizemore up there. So bat him 5th. I don't think there is any argument that Sizemore is better in every other spot in the lineup.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
Sweet. That means I'm right here too!  :D

But this is a matter of preference. I wnat a guy in the leadoff slot that is good with the bases loaded. Some people might liek a slugging leadoff man.

I like mine to get on base and get things started.

Good with the bases loaded? Sizemore is significantly better than Pods when runners are on base. Also, I'm not sure what Sizemore's numbers are, but Pods has been brutal getting on base in LIPS.